Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA D-III Championship @ Ridder - Going for the Dunning Double..Roll Call!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA D-III Championship @ Ridder - Going for the Dunning Double..Roll Call!!

Originally posted by DH003325 View Post
    I hope there aren't problems with the NCAA streaming video. I heard the picture kept freezing up on the women's webcasts.
    Seemed to depend on where you were. My biggest problem was trying to get close to a synchronized sound track. I wanted to get the WDEV audio and the NCAA picture, but on Sat, WDEV was about 10 secs slow, and I couldn't just pause the video. I finally gave up until the last 5 minutes, because at that point I wanted to hear George and Derek make the countdown and I knew the fork was in the Tigers.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Re: NCAA D-III Championship @ Ridder - Going for the Dunning Double..Roll Call!!

I had no problems way down here in Georgia. On Friday the video & WDEV were synched well, and on Saturday the video was about 1-2 seconds ahead.
      Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

I'm in, gotta love business travel (once in a awhile)

Needing local knowledge on Minneapolis, but first tickets---OSU or U of M ticket office? Lakers fans are in Section 12 for both games?

Also local expertise in:

Beverage-A place where the worst beer will be a Guinness (like a World of Beer?)
        SteakHouse- Traditional or upscale chain. (even a Mortons will vary city by city)
        Entertainment- A place to celebrate or drown our sorrows; pole gymnastics.

Much obliged.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          Seemed to depend on where you were. My biggest problem was trying to get close to a synchronized sound track. I wanted to get the WDEV audio and the NCAA picture, but on Sat, WDEV was about 10 secs slow, and I couldn't just pause the video. I finally gave up until the last 5 minutes, because at that point I wanted to hear George and Derek make the countdown and I knew the fork was in the Tigers.
          Does WDEV archive their broadcasts because I would love to hear George's call of the final minute.

I was sitting right next to him but its all a blur honestly. That third period was surreal to watch. You kept thinking RIT is going to get this closer...they have to...they are too good for this...But no. Norwich played about the best third period you could imagine. They never once took their foot off the gas in the third to pack it in. They played to win the game in the third and that's what they did. Couldn't have been more proud of the total team effort. Jillayne DeBus, Sarah Scardino, Sarianne Lynn, Brittany Sharman, and Kayla Parsons were a few players in particular that may not have shown up on the stat sheet, but played great games by tying up sticks, diving in front of shots, etc etc...

I said it at the beginning of the season when I saw them skate..."These Cadets are good...Scary good"

I thought after the Trinity loss which dropped us to 7-3 on the season I'd be eating my words but I can't tell you how much the freshman improved throughout the season as well as the young defense corp and goaltending did as well as the team reeled off a 16-game unbeaten streak after that loss at Trinity on Dec. 10 and it started by beating the two-time defending national champions Amherst 5-2 two days later.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post

Needing local knowledge on Minneapolis, but first tickets---OSU or U of M ticket office? Lakers fans are in Section 12 for both games?

Also local expertise in:

Beverage-A place where the worst beer will be a Guinness (like a World of Beer?)
            SteakHouse- Traditional or upscale chain. (even a Mortons will vary city by city)

Much obliged.
            Laker Ranger and I are both in the upper part of Section 12, OZ. I will have to join you later in the evening for celebrating and drowning sorrows!
            MJBeckman
            Oswego '93
            Great Lakers Hockey - WNYO, WTOP, Oswegonian
            1991-1993
            2007 D-III NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post

Also local expertise in:

Much obliged.
              OZ

If you need a ticket to get in, I, apparently, won't need mine. It's in Section 5, Row 8. That will get you in and then you can find the rest of the Laker faithful and sit with them.

PM me and we can hook up.

Joe

Food options gang:
              Dinkytown options, including Blarney's and The Library
              http://www.urbanspoon.com/n/29/2814/...wn-restaurants
              Last edited by joecct; 03-21-2011, 06:25 PM.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Thanks Joe but I needed two and got them at Gopher online
                Section 13
                Row 2
                22 and 23

GO LAKERS!
                Originally posted by joecct View Post
                OZ

If you need a ticket to get in, I, apparently, won't need mine. It's in Section 5, Row 8. That will get you in and then you can find the rest of the Laker faithful and sit with them.

PM me and we can hook up.

Joe

Food options gang:
                Dinkytown options, including Blarney's and The Library
                http://www.urbanspoon.com/n/29/2814/...wn-restaurants

Comment

Hey who is the #1 seed in the tournament?

I thought it was Oswego, but according to our good friends @ collegehockeystats, it's St. Norbert.

Norwich vs Adrian
                  Norwich vs Oswego
                  Adrian vs St. Norbert
                  Oswego vs St. Norbert
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

3 EC fans will be there !! Sec 12 ~ Go Lakers !

Comment

• Re: NCAA D-III Championship @ Ridder - Going for the Dunning Double..Roll Call!!

Originally posted by EaglesNest View Post
                      3 EC fans will be there !! Sec 12 ~ Go Lakers !
                      Honored to be cheering with you in the future!

MJBeck, sounds like we've got ourselves a fan unit in 12. OZFEST will be nearby too, by the sounds of it.

Thanks for the tips joecct - I am sorry that you couldn't make it.
                      "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
                      this is for you."
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

• Re: NCAA D-III Championship @ Ridder - Going for the Dunning Double..Roll Call!!

anyone know if the championship game will be televised? what channel?

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesNest View Post
                          anyone know if the championship game will be televised? what channel?
                          No tv. online at ncaa.com though
                          Adrian College Bulldogs!
                          MCHA Champs & Harris Cup Champions: 2008, '09, '10, '11
                          NCAA Tournament: 2010, '11

AC '09

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Hey who is the #1 seed in the tournament?

I thought it was Oswego, but according to our good friends @ collegehockeystats, it's St. Norbert.

Norwich vs Adrian
                            Norwich vs Oswego
                            Adrian vs St. Norbert
                            Oswego vs St. Norbert
                            Seems like Oswego would be though...they do have the early semi advantage. More rest before the final (if they win) and they get to watch their (potential) championship opponent.
                            Adrian College Bulldogs!
                            MCHA Champs & Harris Cup Champions: 2008, '09, '10, '11
                            NCAA Tournament: 2010, '11

AC '09

Comment

For those attending, and for those watching from home, another powerhouse edition of Frozen Four game notes has been dispensed by St. Norbert SNC Dan Lukes. It was posted last week in the SNC thread, but in case you haven't seen it...the bar has been set:

http://www.snc.edu/athletics/teamfil...ockey11-16.pdf
                              Last edited by XYZ; 03-22-2011, 01:55 AM.
                              I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                                For those attending, and for those watching from home, another powerhouse edition of Frozen Four game notes has been dispensed by St. Norbert SNC Dan Lukes. It was posted last week in the SNC thread, but in case you haven't seen it...the bar has been set:

http://www.snc.edu/athletics/teamfil...ockey11-16.pdf
                                Wow, that's a lot of information. It will be difficult to top that. Very impressive!

Comment

Working...
                                X