Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2011 Offseason

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    This is not something I wanted to see... Ben Syer is leaving to become an assistant at, of all places, Cornell!

Best of luck to him, but it leaves a huge hole for us to fill.
    Miami volunteer assistant Topher Scott is headed to Cornell as well, since Scott Garrow will join Bob Prier in Princeton as an assistant coach. You're right about it leaving a huge hole. Ben is a hard worker, great recruiter and a quality person/coach. I wonder if Rand will elevate Bill Riga to Associate Coach level or hire an Associate Coach?
    I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Interesting thread on Hockey East possibly going to 12 teams...Take a look at who is mentioned

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=921859

Comment

Interesting thread on Hockey East possibly going to 12 teams...Take a look at who is mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by FredDavenport View Post

Would certainly be fun to get into HE -- when you look at the so-called "Big 4" conferences for hockey, ECAC is very much No. 4 on that list. HE would be a tremendous step up for the program.

Comment

Quinnipiac in Hockey East? Never happen. ECAC is a better fit both academically and athletically.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
              HE would be a tremendous step up for the program.
              Of course it would! But...

Originally posted by QUBobcats70 View Post
              Quinnipiac in Hockey East? Never happen. ECAC is a better fit both academically and athletically.
              I agree that we are a great fit in the ECAC but I wouldn't say "never"... I just don't see it happening anytime soon. We are nowhere near the level of competition in HE and need to do something to prove ourselves in the ECAC before considering a move like that. If we can crack the league top 4 for a couple of seasons then maybe I'd say it might work. Right now, we're better off staying put. Besides, with the Big 10 starting I expect to see a lot of changes on the D-I landscape and the leagues as we know them today may not be what they wilL be in a few years.

Is it October yet?
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
              Northeast Regional:
              West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Is it October yet?
                You guys have a schedule yet? For the men, that is.

Comment

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2010-1...2506_NHL_Draft

Two future Bobcats drafted. D-man Josh Manson went to Anaheim in the 6th and forward Matthew Peca went to Tampa in the 7th.

Can't wait to see these guys reppin the Q!

Comment

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but Pat McGann was also drafted.......

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
                    http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2010-1...2506_NHL_Draft

Two future Bobcats drafted. D-man Josh Manson went to Anaheim in the 6th and forward Matthew Peca went to Tampa in the 7th.

Can't wait to see these guys reppin the Q!

Comment

Originally posted by MCL298 View Post
                      I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but Pat McGann was also drafted.......
                      I understand where you're coming from but I think it's a different animal when it comes to goalies. Kellen Jones was fun to watch and I'm looking forward to seeing Manson and Peca as well. It shows we're recruiting (and landing) the right kind of players to help grow the program.

On the other hand, Ben Syer leaving was huge as he was a great recruiter. Has anyone heard anything in terms of his replacement?

Also, when will we see the new schedule? I'd really like to have some time to plan whatever road trips may be in my not too distant future!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      Northeast Regional:

Comment

I understand where you're coming from but I think it's a different animal when it comes to goalies. Kellen Jones was fun to watch and I'm looking forward to seeing Manson and Peca as well. It shows we're recruiting (and landing) the right kind of players to help grow the program.

On the other hand, Ben Syer leaving was huge as he was a great recruiter. Has anyone heard anything in terms of his replacement?

Also, when will we see the new schedule? I'd really like to have some time to plan whatever road trips may be in my not too distant future!
                        The only thing I don't have for you guys is 6 of your non-conference games (the ones against your former Atlantic rivals), plus a game with a USA Hockey national team.

Comment

Here's the schedule:

http://nhrcollegehockey.blogspot.com/

DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME
                          Sun., Oct. 2, 2011 Acadia (Ex.) TD Bank Sports Center, Hamden, Conn. 4:00 PM
                          Fri., Oct. 7, 2011 @ Ohio State at Value City Arena, Columbus, Ohio 7:00 PM
                          Sat., Oct. 8, 2011 @ Ohio State at Value City Arena, Columbus, Ohio 7:00 PM
                          Wed, Oct. 12, 2011 Holy Cross TD Bank Sports Center, Hamden, Conn. 7:00 PM
                          Fri., Oct. 14, 2011 Bobcat Madness TD Bank Sports Center, Hamden, Conn. 7:00 PM
                          Sat., Oct. 15, 2011 Canisius TD Bank Sports Center, Hamden, Conn. (Parent's Weekend) 4:00 PM
                          Sun., Oct. 16, 2011 Canisius TD Bank Sports Center, Hamden, Conn. (Parent's Weekend) 1:00 PM
                          Tues., Oct. 18, 2011 Bentley TD Bank Sports Center, Hamden, Conn. 7:00 PM
                          Fri., Oct. 21, 2011 @ RMU RMU Island Sports Center, Pittsburgh, Pa. 7:00 PM
                          Sat., Oct. 22, 2011 @ RMU RMU Island Sports Center, Pittsburgh, Pa. 7:00 PM
                          Tue, Nov. 1, 2011 @ Princeton at Hobey Baker Rink, Princeton, N.J. 7:00 PM
                          Fri., Nov. 4, 2011 @ Dartmouth at Thompson Arena, Hanover, N.H. 7:00 PM
                          Sat., Nov. 5, 2011 @ Harvard at Bright Center, Cambridge, Mass. 7:00 PM
                          Fri., Nov. 11, 2011 Clarkson TD Bank Sports Center, Hamden, Conn. 7:00 PM
                          Sat., Nov. 12, 2011 St. Lawrence TD Bank Sports Center, Hamden, Conn. 4:00 PM
                          Fri., Nov. 18, 2011 @ Colgate at Starr Rink, Hamilton, N.Y. 7:00 PM
                          Sat., Nov. 19, 2011 @ Cornell at Lynah Rink, Ithaca, N.Y. 7:00 PM
                          Sat., Nov. 26, 2011 Massachusetts TD Bank Sports Center, Hamden, Conn. 4:00 PM
                          Fri., Dec. 2, 2011 Union TD Bank Sports Center, Hamden, Conn. 7:00 PM
                          Sat., Dec. 3, 2011 Rensselaer TD Bank Sports Center, Hamden, Conn. 7:00 PM
                          Fri., Dec. 9, 2011 Sacred Heart TD Bank Sports Center, Hamden, Conn. 7:00 PM
                          Sun., Dec. 11, 2011 Princeton TD Bank Sports Center, Hamden, Conn. 12:00 PM
                          Fri., Dec. 30, 2011 @ Nebraska-Omaha at Qwest Center, Omaha, Neb. 8:00 PM
                          Sat., Dec. 31, 2011 @ Nebraska-Omaha at Qwest Center, Omaha, Neb. 3:00 PM
                          Fri., Jan. 6, 2012 @ Yale at Ingalls Rink, New Haven, Conn. 7:00 PM
                          Sat., Jan. 7, 2012 @ Brown at Meehan Auditorium, Providence, R.I. 7:00 PM
                          Fri., Jan. 13, 2012 Cornell TD Bank Sports Center, Hamden, Conn. 7:00 PM
                          Sat., Jan. 14, 2012 Colgate TD Bank Sports Center, Hamden, Conn. (Skate with the Bobcats)4:00 PM
                          Fri., Feb. 3, 2012 Harvard TD Bank Sports Center, Hamden, Conn. 7:00 PM
                          Sat., Feb. 4, 2012 Dartmouth TD Bank Sports Center, Hamden, Conn. 7:00 PM
                          Fri., Feb. 10, 2012 @ St. Lawrence at Appleton Arena, Canton, N.Y. 7:00 PM
                          Sat., Feb. 11, 2012 @ Clarkson at Cheel Arena, Potsdam, N.Y. 4:00 PM
                          Fri., Feb. 17, 2012 @ Rensselaer at Houston Field House, Troy, N.Y. 7:00 PM
                          Sat., Feb. 18, 2012 @ Union at Messa Rink, Schenectady, N.Y. 7:00 PM
                          Fri., Feb. 24, 2012 Brown TD Bank Sports Center, Hamden, Conn. (Senior Day) 7:00 PM
                          Sat., Feb. 25, 2012 Yale TD Bank Sports Center, Hamden, Conn. (10th Annual Heroes Hat) 7:00 PM
                          Fri., Mar. 2-4, 2012 ECAC Hockey 1st Round @ Highest Seed 7:00 PM

Fri., Mar. 9-11, 2012 ECAC Hockey Quarter Finals @ Highest Seed 7:00 PM
                          Fri., Mar. 16, 2012 ECAC Hockey Semi - Finals at Atlantic City 7:00 PM
                          Sat., Mar. 17, 2012 ECAC Hockey Championship at Atlantic City 7:00 PM

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                            Here's the schedule:
                            Thanks Z. It's in today's Register as well.

Good news wonger! We're on the road on the 22nd. Party on!
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            Northeast Regional:

Comment

Thanks Z. It's in today's Register as well.

Good news wonger! We're on the road on the 22nd. Party on!
                              Yeah if we were home we might have had to switch locales to Cascade down the hill.

Comment

Hello friends of ECAC hockey,

My name is Kevin McNamara, and I will be a senior on Colgate's hockey team this year. I've had an idea for a charitable project for the past few years, and I wanted to make sure I implemented it before I finished playing for Colgate and in our league. I’ve spoken with Commissioner Hagwell, and this season the teams of the ECAC are going to join together in a project called Goals for Good.
                                It will be a campaign relying on the competitiveness of the teams, fans, and alumni bases of the teams in the ECAC. "Goals for Good" will be based out of a website, and on the front page, there will be a standings table, much like the one on the ECAC site, except it will rank teams by money raised. Each team will pair up with a charity or cause close to their university or community.
                                The front page on the website will have a link to each team/partner charity page which will explain the relation. There will also be a donate button on that page. There will be different options for donations. A donor could donate by the amount of goals that a team will score over the duration of the season (example: John Smith will donate $1 for every goal that Colgate University scores this season), a donor could donate by the amount of goals that a team will score over the course of a weekend series (example: John Smith will donate $1 for every goal that Colgate University will score this weekend against Harvard University and Dartmouth College), or a donor could donate a one-time amount (example: John Smith will donate $5 to Colgate University and Charity XYZ).
                                As of now, we are working on finishing the website. I am also trying to spread the word of the initiative as much as possible to build a fan base for the start of the season and the launch of the website. Goals for Good is trying to build its fan base through a Facebook Fan Page. You can find the Fan Page at www.facebook.com/goals4good. It would great if you could “Like” the initiative and spread the word. I am also new to this process, so all comments and suggestions are appreciated. Sorry for breaking your thread, and thank you very much for your time and support.

Kevin McNamara

Comment

Working...
                                X