• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate 2010-2011 [Part II]

This is the Final Countdown!!!

Let's Go 'Gate!
    CU in AC!

We made it to Atlantic City! The ride may stop here but we have nothing to feel sorry about!
    C O L G A T E
    2023 ECAC CHAMPION
    1990 NCAA FINALS
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
    ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
    ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Congrats, Colgate!
      Thanks for a spectacular playoff run!

Get 'em in the consy!
      Thank You Seniors!
      Last edited by TchrBill; 03-18-2011, 06:13 PM.
      C O L G A T E
      2023 ECAC CHAMPION
      1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

Great effort. Nothing to be ashamed of. Yale is very good, obviously. We had a good run at the end; maybe we can win the consy and come out of AC with a win for the seniors.
        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
          Great effort. Nothing to be ashamed of. Yale is very good, obviously. We had a good run at the end; maybe we can win the consy and come out of AC with a win for the seniors.
          Yes it was a good effort considering how tired our guys must be. But at the same time it's frustrating. We stayed right with these guys for most of the game. I don't know what it is about the ECAC semifinal -- it can be in Lake Placid, Albany, Atlantic City, wherever, our forwards just do not score in these games. And that includes Andy McDonald. Not scoring on the power play doesn't help - that's now 7 straight semifinal games without a PPG, and we had plenty of PPs tonight. Probably tomorrow I'll appreciate the last few weeks and hope we can carry it into next year. But we could have won this game. Our goaltender certainly did his part - can't ask for more than what he have us. Let's beat Dartmouth tomorrow and at least know we don't have to worry about who our goalie will be next year.

Comment

Rondeau kept Yale in it, Yales PK was very good as well. Congrats on a nice end of season run, it was also refreshing to see a cleanly played game
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

We tend to play the 4/4:30 time slot too often in these series and make an early exit. I agree we never got the lucky bounces in LP and Albany, but the fact that we are in the first tourny ever held in Atlantic City is good enough for me. We can build on this. We were the predicted 4th pick in the league and look what happened!

I thought we had our chances but looked absolutely clueless and frozen in our skates at times. Way too many turnovers. We didn't look deliberate and stopped our own flow to the game. I think had we played Cornell, the score would have been worse. They looked like a team on a mission with great poise. Dartmouth suffered the same fate we did and has a lot riding on today's game. Hopefully we will give 'em all we've got.

So many teams whose seasons are done. We're a 12th seed and live to play another day! Just seeing COLGATE on the sideboards gave me goosebumps! We actually made it!!! Union and RPI are watching from home because when it mattered, we were the better team! Maybe one or both of them can make some noise in the NCAAs instead.

Go 'Gate!
              Beat Dartmouth!
              Win the ECAC Consy!
              C O L G A T E
              2023 ECAC CHAMPION
              1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
                We tend to play the 4/4:30 time slot too often in these series and make an early exit. I agree we never got the lucky bounces in LP and Albany, but the fact that we are in the first tourny ever held in Atlantic City is good enough for me. We can build on this. We were the predicted 4th pick in the league and look what happened!

I thought we had our chances but looked absolutely clueless and frozen in our skates at times. Way too many turnovers. We didn't look deliberate and stopped our own flow to the game. I think had we played Cornell, the score would have been worse. They looked like a team on a mission with great poise. Dartmouth suffered the same fate we did and has a lot riding on today's game. Hopefully we will give 'em all we've got.

So many teams whose seasons are done. We're a 12th seed and live to play another day! Just seeing COLGATE on the sideboards gave me goosebumps! We actually made it!!! Union and RPI are watching from home because when it mattered, we were the better team! Maybe one or both of them can make some noise in the NCAAs instead.

Go 'Gate!
                Beat Dartmouth!
                Win the ECAC Consy!
                Nah. Dartmouth is in the same boat as us. They're done after today, which is too bad. They'll be the more heartbroken team and if we start Mihalik, I think we win it. We'll be better next year, I feel.
                Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Go 'Gate! After what you did to RPI and Union, Dartmouth should be easy, right?

Comment

Has to be the strangest year ever !
                    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post

Go 'Gate!
                      Beat Dartmouth!
                      Win the ECAC Consy!
                      Agree with Bill mostly. I believe Dartmouth does have a shot at the NCAA's and will be out to win the consy. We can put a fork in one more top team's bubble if we can pull out a victory. The run is over, but knocking off PRI, Union, and maybe the Big Green, would be a feather in our cap considering our 12th seed and where we were back in December/January.

It sure has been a head-scratching year. It will take some time to put thoughts together and come up with a summary of this season - but that's for a later post. (I'm sure you're all waiting breathlessly for my thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                        Agree with Bill mostly. I believe Dartmouth does have a shot at the NCAA's and will be out to win the consy. We can put a fork in one more top team's bubble if we can pull out a victory. The run is over, but knocking off PRI, Union, and maybe the Big Green, would be a feather in our cap considering our 12th seed and where we were back in December/January.

It sure has been a head-scratching year. It will take some time to put thoughts together and come up with a summary of this season - but that's for a later post. (I'm sure you're all waiting breathlessly for my thoughts
                        Not to burst your bubble but Dartmouth's season is over after tonights game (may help colgates chances actually as DC has little to play for). Although it kills me to do it after the events at HFH a few weeks ago, you have the RPI Faithful pulling for you tonight.
                        Congrats on your Playoff run though, I was certainly impressed
                        RIT Tigers
                        2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
                        2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                          Has to be the strangest year ever !
                          Shabby, " Where did the lynch mob disappear too " !

Great finish to the year. Has lots of potential for a few years with the returning players.

Best of luck to Dayser, Pops, and Brissy.

Good luck tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by NYhockeyguy View Post
                            Not to burst your bubble but Dartmouth's season is over after tonights game (may help colgates chances actually as DC has little to play for). Although it kills me to do it after the events at HFH a few weeks ago, you have the RPI Faithful pulling for you tonight.
                            Congrats on your Playoff run though, I was certainly impressed
                            Sorry: my error about Dartmouth. Thanks for the compliments NYguy

Hope you guys do make it to the Big Dance It would be good for both our teams!

Comment

Congrats, Colgate :-)

Final coaches' show April 12th. Thanks for the inspiring, unbiased broadcasts and for supporting our beloved Red Raiders all season.

Maverick Stampede, here we come!
                              Relentless Raiders in 2012
                              C O L G A T E
                              2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                              1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

So when do the fans start up once again the fire Don Vaughn posts???? Or in the minds of the Colgate detractors did this playoff run garner your wish to keep him. Just curious.

And congrats to the Raiders. A really great post season. The team and coaches should be commended.
                                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Working...
                                X