Colgate 2010-2011 [Part II]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2010-2011 [Part II]

Casey Jones, new coach at Clarkson. That's all we need: an assistant from Cornell taking over the Golden Knights!

BTW, wasn't Casey Jones the character Tom Hanks played in the "The ____ Express"?
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Is it to early to start looking for predictions on line for next year?
      Last edited by Gaterrooter; 05-24-2011, 04:59 PM.
      The season opens in NEBRASKA!

Comment

Doesn't he sing with the Grateful Dead " ?
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Shabby - Ate lunch at The Savoy yesterday; good food, good place! Was touring the outdoor sculptures at Griffiths. (Not sure about the Grateful Dead singer, but "Casey Jones" sounds like an engineer to me, so why isn't he at RPI?)

Gaterrooter - yes, it is too early to start looking for predictions. Lots of new coaches in ECAC; should be interesting to see what they do in their first years. Frankly expect Yale to dip some, Dartmouth and Cornell to rise. Hoping our incoming offense can match them.

Comment

Glad you enjoyed the "Savoy" see the Colgate banner etc ???

Comment

Oh yeah!..of course!

Comment

39 Years I waited...Maybe our year here too !!

Comment

Hello friends of ECAC hockey,

My name is Kevin McNamara, and I will be a senior on Colgate's hockey team this year. I've had an idea for a charitable project for the past few years, and I wanted to make sure I implemented it before I finished playing for Colgate and in our league. I’ve spoken with Commissioner Hagwell, and this season the teams of the ECAC are going to join together in a project called Goals for Good.
                  It will be a campaign relying on the competitiveness of the teams, fans, and alumni bases of the teams in the ECAC. "Goals for Good" will be based out of a website, and on the front page, there will be a standings table, much like the one on the ECAC site, except it will rank teams by money raised. Each team will pair up with a charity or cause close to their university or community.
                  The front page on the website will have a link to each team/partner charity page which will explain the relation. There will also be a donate button on that page. There will be different options for donations. A donor could donate by the amount of goals that a team will score over the duration of the season (example: John Smith will donate $1 for every goal that Colgate University scores this season), a donor could donate by the amount of goals that a team will score over the course of a weekend series (example: John Smith will donate $1 for every goal that Colgate University will score this weekend against Harvard University and Dartmouth College), or a donor could donate a one-time amount (example: John Smith will donate $5 to Colgate University and Charity XYZ).
                  As of now, we are working on finishing the website. I am also trying to spread the word of the initiative as much as possible to build a fan base for the start of the season and the launch of the website. Goals for Good is trying to build its fan base through a Facebook Fan Page. You can find the Fan Page at www.facebook.com/goals4good. It would great if you could “Like” the initiative and spread the word. I am also new to this process, so all comments and suggestions are appreciated. Sorry for breaking your thread, and thank you very much for your time and support.

Kevin McNamara

Comment

...And Go 'Gate

Comment

MacIntyre on the move again, too bad because I enjoyed watching him play for Albany.... http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=566117
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Mark Dekanich just signed a one-year contract with the Columbus Blue Jackets....GO MARK!

Comment

Impressive that Mark's deal was a one way - that would seem to show significant confidence in his ability to make that next step. BTW as of last Tuesday, we are half way home! Meaningful hockey in T minus 94 and counting. Oh and congratulations to the team on its academics - 15 skaters on the ECAC all-academic team is nothing to sneeze at.

Comment

Dex was married last weekend in Hamilton at an outdoor wedding by the administration building, must have been beautiful.

More trivia...Oleksiak the first overall college player in the draft visited Colgate(going to Northeastern) His dad is an old alum from the mid 60's. Wouldn't that have been something ??

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                              More trivia...Oleksiak the first overall college player in the draft visited Colgate(going to Northeastern) His dad is an old alum from the mid 60's. Wouldn't that have been something ??
                              "Old alum" - C'mon Shabby, give me a break!..LOL. You're right tho; it would have been a major coup to get Oleksiak. (need to upgrade our rink a litttle.)

Comment

Uhhhhhh...Think I know another "alum" from the 60's here !!

Comment

Working...
                                X