• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #2 UNH v. #3 Merrimack, Hockey East Semi-Final @ the TD Garden

Originally posted by goblue View Post
    So Wally, who are you rooting for?

Or are you rooting against both teams?

(I'm guessing many Maine fans will be rooting for MC, for various reasons, as UNH fans would -- if our places were reversed.)
    Chit...this tourney's an easy pick for us....Mack and NU of course. Personally I'd prefer NU to win that battle for various reasons we dont need to get into. They're both somewhat of underdog picks, but not really. I'm just hoping the Mack gets UND in its regional bracket in the NCAA's....and get a chance to play each other...now that would be worth the price of admission (to a hospital)
    Last edited by acs64; 03-14-2011, 10:58 AM.
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by WNTKPROD View Post
      I am worried about UNH's chances against a team that recently beat them twice at the Whit.
      Merrimack only beat UNH once at the Whitt, then once at home in OT, and lost at the Whitt in December

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
        So Wally, who are you rooting for?
        I'm rooting for MC to cheapshot the crap out of UNH
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

UNH at the Garden since 1998:
          vs. BC: 0-5
          vs. everyone else: 7-2

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
            That's the new NCAA icing rule. Icing isn't called until a defensive player gets to the face off circle (not sure if its to the dot or to the bottom of the circle). If the team icing the puck has a player that reaches the circle before the defenseman, icing is waived off. If a player from each team reach the circle together, it's at the discretion of the linesman.
            I am fairly certain it is a line defined by the dots.

I am fully aware of the NCAA rule.

However one linesman was using the NHL/AHL he who touches the puck first rule. You could tell early on the players on both sides couldn't figure out what was going on. Often if the D gets down their first he plays it to the lineman which further complicated things since it just seemed like a slow whistle.
            "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

I'll admit, this match-up scares me. I was rooting for BU. I know both teams had the same record against UNH this year, but I think MC thoroughly outplayed UNH, whereas BU seemed to get some luck. Also, the BU losses were earlier in the season, the MC losses were more recent. I feel like BU faded this season, whereas MC has been pretty consistent.

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
              Just curious whether or not I need to smuggle in a cowbell, if CBG will be doing so, or if nobody cares . . .
              I will not be smuggling in the cowbell. I will be carrying it out in the open. We've played it the past few times UNH has been there. I'll have it at the regionals, too, and play it during stoppages, unless UNH doesn't make it.
              Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
              -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                However one linesman was using the NHL/AHL he who touches the puck first rule.
                we had some calls go for and some against. But it was maddening trying to figure out what was going on.

McGann's on Friday for me, there is always UNH friendly atmosphere in that place.

Comment

Originally posted by massCat View Post
                  we had some calls go for and some against. But it was maddening trying to figure out what was going on.
                  He was consistent (bothsides had to deal with it) and I don't believe any scores in that game were related to his calls. It is just odd to have a rule consistently called wrong in a playoff game, until a coach figures out what is happening and can get the guy to the bench to talk to him. Even if you are bring in an AHL guy on an emergancy basis (somebody got sick, etc.) you would think they would highlight the rule differences.
                  "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                    Just curious whether or not I need to smuggle in a cowbell, if CBG will be doing so, or if nobody cares . . .
                    We have the bell
                    UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
                      I will not be there for the event as I will most definitely be at the Garden for both games.
                      I'm shocked LOL Hopefully I'll be in town at least a little bit before 5 so I can grab a beer with you guys, but we'll have to see.

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001
                      That makes sense; lady at the TD Box office said that if you go thru ticketmaster, or the UNH box office, they are selling section 20-21-22ish for UNH. I got tickets in Section 19 - the section for Season Ticket Holder discount (only available through this one lady at the Garden). She said they've been selling briskly, so hopefully we have a good contigent - and hopefully, they are smart and put the band up above us.
                      Merrimack is selling tickets in Loge 10 and 11, Premium 137 (which was sold out as of noon today), and Balcony 315. I'll be in Loge 11 it appears.
                      As everyone knows... there was a crisis, as Justin (MCHOCKEY) went AWOL 4 minutes into the first game... and thankfully he wandered his way to the meet and greet in one piece... listening to Mike (Warrior51) tell this story was *** hilarious...

-Redman after the first night of the HE Tournament(2004).

Comment

I got sweet tix post Merrimack v. Maine victory from the Merrimack box office. Right by the blue line Lodge 11, row 1.

Per the usual, HEA Semifinal pregame with Merrimack fans (usually 3-4 of us) starts at Sissy K's around noon. We will work our way down to the Greatest Bar MC reception later on in the evening with many pitstops along the route.

MCHOCKEY, don't be a pansy. No puking.

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                          We have the bell
                          You have a bell for all the cows you are going to bring to the Garden?? Couldn't resist.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            ...and end up in the PB all night (especially DaCosta,) giving UNH dozens of PP opportunities.

Hey, I like it -- as pitiful as our PP has been of late, skating 5 on 4 against MC may give us the best shot to win.
                            We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                            ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                            --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                              I will not be smuggling in the cowbell. I will be carrying it out in the open. We've played it the past few times UNH has been there. I'll have it at the regionals, too, and play it during stoppages, unless UNH doesn't make it.
                              Be loud, be proud! Bring that cowbell! Look forward to seeing you old time UNH fans

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                hahaha! Hopefuly Bigos can stay under control, unlike Game 1 of HEA QF v. Maine

Comment

Working...
                                X