X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #1 Boston College vs. #6 Northeastern - HEA Semifinals - 3/18

I hate bc.
    Originally posted by Bakunin
    Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
      I hate bc.
      I see that. It might be nice if the Huskies beat BC on Friday. That way, BC still goes to the NCAAs while Northeastern gets a temporary smile on their face before--again--hitting the golf course.
      Chris V
      Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
        I see that. It might be nice if the Huskies beat BC on Friday. That way, BC still goes to the NCAAs while Northeastern gets a temporary smile on their face before--again--hitting the golf course.
        A golfing joke? Pardon my language, but s**t just got real.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
          fwiw, hockey east designates a very, very small number of student tickets per school, less than one balcony section. tell your fans to just go to the garden box office and get a random student balcony seat for the same 10 bucks.
          If 975 tickets (and hopefully counting if NU can get more from the Garden) is "very, very small" I want to know what your definition of a normal number of student tickets is.
          Northeastern Huskies Class of 2012

Comment

Originally posted by smalogna View Post
            If 975 tickets (and hopefully counting if NU can get more from the Garden) is "very, very small" I want to know what your definition of a normal number of student tickets is.
            If there are 17,000 seats, 975 is a pretty small number.
            I haven't been on here in a year...
            Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
              Call the TD Garden Box Office directly, they're very forthcoming with how sections are selling, what school is sitting where . . . and for what it's worth, looking at the website a lot of the upper sections are filled (well, tickets aren't available, whatever that means). Call the Box Office, tell them you're from a school, (BC, sterlippo, yes?) and they should be very helpful.
              i have tried 3 different numbers and get nothing, " the ticket office does not take incoming calls" can you let me know what phone number you called?

Comment

I don't know if u got that number from someone in ur ticket office I'm going on what ours had always told us when I was in school. There was always one balcony section that was only two thirds designated for our students so wed tell everyone to just go to the garden box office and ft a 10 ticket next to that section and fill in. If nu pushed he for more tickets that's great agganis likely would never do such a thing.
                time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  i have tried 3 different numbers and get nothing, " the ticket office does not take incoming calls" can you let me know what phone number you called?
                  I know all they have in the loge is behind the net (rest given to schools, presold, etc). I bought tickets in the balcony on faceoff dot, I plan on walking over to the BC section, whever that is. Seats will be available in the balcony especially for the 5 PM start.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    The number I have is from the UNH Tickets department; it's a season ticket holder discount e-mail. I don't want to tick anybody off by making the number public . . . there must be a way to avoid ticketmaster, and contacting the box office.
                    I haven't been on here in a year...
                    Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

• Re: #1 Boston College vs. #6 Northeastern - HEA Semifinals - 3/18

I don't know if u got that number from someone in ur ticket office I'm going on what ours had always told us when I was in school. There was always one balcony section that was only two thirds designated for our students so wed tell everyone to just go to the garden box office and ft a 10 ticket next to that section and fill in. If nu pushed he for more tickets that's great agganis likely would never do such a thing.
                      Yes, this number is coming from NU athletics. Originally they were given an allotment of 800 tickets (which I'm guessing is what 2 sections?) which they sold out of around 5p. They released an additional 175 tickets (did they have them all along?) and they sold out in about 30 minutes.
                      Northeastern Huskies Class of 2012

Comment

Yes, this number is coming from NU athletics. Originally they were given an allotment of 800 tickets (which I'm guessing is what 2 sections?) which they sold out of around 5p. They released an additional 175 tickets (did they have them all along?) and they sold out in about 30 minutes.
                        Hmm, interesting, maybe Hockey East upped the number of tickets given to each school, or maybe NU released some of the loge seats to their students. If HE upped the number, that'd be great, because most recent years, the balcony has been woefully bare in some areas, so more people in those seats makes for a better atmosphere. I know the ticket allotment from HE in the years since I started following has paled in comparison to what each school gets for the Beanpot, though ticket availability for the two events is vastly different. Anyway, kudos to HE for (hopefully) stepping up to the plate and making a push to fill those seats with fans of the respective schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                          BC against Hockey East's non-"Big Four" schools in the tournament:
                          1985 lost to PC
                          1985 def UML
                          1986 def UML
                          1987 def NU
                          1985 def PC
                          1991 lost to NU
                          1997 def UML
                          1997 def MC
                          2001 def PC
                          2001 def UML
                          2008 def UVM
                          2010 def UVM

10-2 (.833)

C+C Music Factory isn't on the radio and NU doesn't have Chris Terrerri.
                          But we still have LaPlante!
                          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Hmm, interesting, maybe Hockey East upped the number of tickets given to each school, or maybe NU released some of the loge seats to their students. If HE upped the number, that'd be great, because most recent years, the balcony has been woefully bare in some areas, so more people in those seats makes for a better atmosphere. I know the ticket allotment from HE in the years since I started following has paled in comparison to what each school gets for the Beanpot, though ticket availability for the two events is vastly different. Anyway, kudos to HE for (hopefully) stepping up to the plate and making a push to fill those seats with fans of the respective schools.
                            Why wouldn't HE just give NU another 800 or so tickets if it looks like NEU can sell them out? Same goes for BC, UNH, or MC. The games havent come close to selling out in the past few years and HE should want it to be as close to a sell out as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
                              Why wouldn't HE just give NU another 800 or so tickets if it looks like NEU can sell them out? Same goes for BC, UNH, or MC. The games havent come close to selling out in the past few years and HE should want it to be as close to a sell out as possible.
                              I don't know, it makes sense. Like I said, when BU was in it and not on spring break, they would give the student tickets to student season ticket holders, they would almost always sell out before the general student population could get them, and they'd just say they were sold out. I don't know if they asked for more and were denied, or didn't. It's kind of irrelevant though, because if 2-3,000 Northeastern or BC students all walked up to the Garden box office at the same time on Friday night to get a balcony ticket, they'll all likely have no problem getting one for $10.

Comment

Just took the train downtown and bought the cheapest seats possible... 2 tix/39 bucks not bad at all.
                                ..Withstanding pain at Matthews since Trevor Reschny was a freshman..
                                ...Cover Boston news and sports for Dirty Water Media http://dirtywatermedia.com/
                                .....@RealJayKenney on twitter https://twitter.com/RealJayKenney

Comment

Working...
                                X