Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #1 Boston College vs. #6 Northeastern - HEA Semifinals - 3/18

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
    HET tournament seats, at least in the balcony, have not been in the corners for as far back as I can remember, 2005. They've always been at a blue line.
    come to think of it, you're right, i was at the face off circle last year for UVM and ME...................my opinion? doesnt matter just buy the cheapest and you can almost sit where you want. even if they sell out which, sadly, they won't, all the people are never in the building at the same time so there are always good seats in between the blue lines or very close to them...............

Comment

Oh boy... 2nd trip to the Garden for my huskies in ten years. That makes this season special whether they lose or win on Fri/Sat. I did pick BC>UNH in the finals.

I am going to pick NU > BC... that sounds extremely homer immediately but I will explain why:
      (1) Muse and this BC senior class have been anything but excellent versus NU
      (2) NU beat BU in a 3 game series, that is substantial in itself. I NEVER thought that was possible. I think there's a bit of something special with this team and it wouldn't be right for me to have some faith in their mojo in the semis.
      (3) I still think NU is a bit hungry after losing that beanpot goaltending massacre.
      (4) Outstanding record versus a top 5 team in the nation means that NU has BC's number compared to some other teams

This all combines to a very close game where one team will have their heartbroken, and what the hell, why not make it the other bench for a change NU? I have faith in them because they did it to BU this weekend, I never thought after the Bourque goal and other disasters I would see NU beat BU in anything that matters.
      ..Withstanding pain at Matthews since Trevor Reschny was a freshman..
      ...Cover Boston news and sports for Dirty Water Media http://dirtywatermedia.com/
      .....@RealJayKenney on twitter https://***********/RealJayKenney

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        BC wants this just as badly as NU.
        I don't deny that BC wants badly to win HE but I gotta think NU wants it more. An NU win gives us a shot at our first HE title since 1988 and a chance for an NCAA bid; a loss ends our season. BC is going to be a 1 seed either way and they will still have a chance to capture their ultimate goal of a national title.

To me, because there is so much more at stake for NU, I gotta think our guys want it more.
        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
          I don't deny that BC wants badly to win HE but I gotta think NU wants it more. An NU win gives us a shot at our first HE title since 1988 and a chance for an NCAA bid; a loss ends our season. BC is going to be a 1 seed either way and they will still have a chance to capture their ultimate goal of a national title.

To me, because there is so much more at stake for NU, I gotta think our guys want it more.
          BC has been in this position before--facing a team at the Garden whose season was on the line. Recent examples are the 2008 HE title game against Vermont and last year's against Maine. It's futile for fans to argue which team wants it more. They both want it equally. NU remembers the Beanpot, BC remembers their last loss. Once the puck is dropped, there's one goal for both teams. Win.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            BC has been in this position before--facing a team at the Garden whose season was on the line. Recent examples are the 2008 HE title game against Vermont and last year's against Maine. It's futile for fans to argue which team wants it more. They both want it equally. NU remembers the Beanpot, BC remembers their last loss. Once the puck is dropped, there's one goal for both teams. Win.
            There is something wrong with a hockey player in this position if they don't want to win. I agree, it is a fool's errand to claim one team wants it more than the other. How can one possibly ever measure that? Have to imagine both teams want to win badly.

BC knows how to win these games. NU still has to prove they can.
            National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
            Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
            Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
            two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
            b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
              There is something wrong with a hockey player in this position if they don't want to win. I agree, it is a fool's errand to claim one team wants it more than the other. How can one possibly ever measure that? Have to imagine both teams want to win badly.

BC knows how to win these games. NU still has to prove they can.
              but NU sure took a big monkey off their back last night.............

Comment

Originally posted by nufan2001 View Post
                Oh boy... 2nd trip to the Garden for my huskies in ten years. That makes this season special whether they lose or win on Fri/Sat. I did pick BC>UNH in the finals.

I am going to pick NU > BC... that sounds extremely homer immediately but I will explain why:
                (1) Muse and this BC senior class have been anything but excellent versus NU
                (2) NU beat BU in a 3 game series, that is substantial in itself. I NEVER thought that was possible. I think there's a bit of something special with this team and it wouldn't be right for me to have some faith in their mojo in the semis.
                (3) I still think NU is a bit hungry after losing that beanpot goaltending massacre.
                (4) Outstanding record versus a top 5 team in the nation means that NU has BC's number compared to some other teams

This all combines to a very close game where one team will have their heartbroken, and what the hell, why not make it the other bench for a change NU? I have faith in them because they did it to BU this weekend, I never thought after the Bourque goal and other disasters I would see NU beat BU in anything that matters.
                Outstading record? Since when is 1-2-1 outstanding? I have to laugh at the fact that ever since that Beanpot final week people have been talking about how they have "BC's number" when in fact the three games went 1-1-1 for each team.

NU has been hot and will be tough to beat but you can toss that arguement out the door.
                BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

1-1-1 is certainly better than 0-4 if you know what I mean...
                  Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                  Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                    sure, and NU has been what? 13-6 -6 since 11/18? so after a rough start they've played good ,solid hockey for some time now. this is not a mirage or a situation where it's just BC they are playing well against.............

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      sure, and NU has been what? 13-6 -6 since 11/18? so after a rough start they've played good ,solid hockey for some time now. this is not a mirage or a situation where it's just BC they are playing well against.............
                      I was giving you props for beating the Ratdogs you know...
                      Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                      Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                        Well duh....but BU sucks so lets not compare NU to BU.
                        BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                        Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
                          Outstading record? Since when is 1-2-1 outstanding? I have to laugh at the fact that ever since that Beanpot final week people have been talking about how they have "BC's number" when in fact the three games went 1-1-1 for each team.

NU has been hot and will be tough to beat but you can toss that arguement out the door.
                          Uhm, I was talking about over four years(senior class record). If you don't think NU ( as a commonly unranked program ) plays BC (one of the best programs in the nation) extremely well compared to other programs... well... your plain wrong.
                          Last edited by nufan2001; 03-14-2011, 07:09 PM.
                          ...Cover Boston news and sports for Dirty Water Media http://dirtywatermedia.com/

Comment

Go back to the last page.. BC's senior class is 6-7 and something against a commonly unranked husky team. Come on, NU has some number. BC should have a much better record than that.
                            Last edited by nufan2001; 03-14-2011, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nufan2001 View Post
                              Go back to the last page.. BC's senior class is 6-7 and something against a commonly unranked husky team. Come on, NU has some number. BC should have a much better record than that.
                              Congrats on that "outstanding" record. No wonder why NU hasn't won anything since the 80's, they have such low standards. Not even a UNH fan would brag about a 6-7 record against BC.

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post

they certainly need it more; but its foolish to presume one way or another who wants it more. i guess thats why we actually let them play the game - to find out who wants it more.
                                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X