Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #1 Boston College vs. #6 Northeastern - HEA Semifinals - 3/18

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    dont understand why the games are such. i for one HATE the early game. dont know how they decide that, is it the #1 seeds's choice?
    I believe so, yes; common wisdom is that you play the early game to get more rest. Also, being in that second game, you arrive at 6:40pm or so, get dressed, are ready for warm-ups, and then sit around. How many times we seen multiple-OT games at the Garden? Sitting around waiting, dressed and ready to go, not knowing when you're playing . . . I guess I'd rather play early, too.
    I haven't been on here in a year...
    Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
      I want UNH to win, of course, but an NU / Merrimack final would mean that at least three teams from Hockey East would make the NCAAs (BC and UNH should make it - BC will, UNH should - and then NU / Mack gets an autobid). If UNH doesn't make the final, then I'm happy as long as BC doesn't - nothing personal, it's just good for the league. BC's a #1 seed anyway . . .
      Merrimack is locked in for an at-large bid. They do not need to win Hockey East.
      National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
      Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
      Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
      two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
      b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
        I believe so, yes; common wisdom is that you play the early game to get more rest. Also, being in that second game, you arrive at 6:40pm or so, get dressed, are ready for warm-ups, and then sit around. How many times we seen multiple-OT games at the Garden? Sitting around waiting, dressed and ready to go, not knowing when you're playing . . . I guess I'd rather play early, too.
        that's what i thought as it was brought up the past few years but if i am not mistaken, it was never made clear and if it was, i forgot which wouldn't be surprising

Comment

it'll be pretty quiet in there after 7:30 i bet.............

Comment

C'mon BC.. you know its good luck.. good Karma really, that the Eagles have their last loss to Northeastern, before tearing it up going on their NCAA run..
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

it'll be pretty quiet in there after 7:30 i bet.............
              I'll be doing my part to make noise for the UNH game . . .
              I haven't been on here in a year...
              Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                C'mon BC.. you know its good luck.. good Karma really, that the Eagles have their last loss to Northeastern, before tearing it up going on their NCAA run..
                i'll be happy as long as whoever wins this game wins the trophy. wouldnt mind NU sneaking into the tourny as a 4 seed to screw over yale!
                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

After a crazy up and down series with bu and a Northeastern sponsored buHATEWEEK, I'm more than happy to face BC in a one and done game. I've already told myself no matter what happens from here on out I'm pretty happy with this freshman heavy squad as done.

That said, a little beanpot revenge wouldn't hurt. BC is already a lock for a #1 seed, NU will be hungry to get in for a #4.
                  THEDOGHOUSE alum

Comment

Much as i'd like to see a NU 'Mack final.. not sure how realistic that is. BC is playing some of their best hockey at the right time.. NU still inconsistent; but gritty.

We'll see..

C'mon Mack..win this big one on the road.. again, advantage UNH in this match up.. they're Garden & road tested many times over and that rink is a bit larger than Lawler.. (just kidding Warrior fans ).. but think that will be a factor.

Of course I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong both gms..
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

that's what i thought as it was brought up the past few years but if i am not mistaken, it was never made clear and if it was, i forgot which wouldn't be surprising
                      I think we actually established a couple of years ago, (although it wouldn't be surprising if I forgot) that the game times were determined by Hockey East (not sure by what formula) and that it was actually not the #1 seeds choice.

Comment

C'mon Mack..win this big one on the road.. again, advantage UNH in this match up.. they're Garden & road tested many times over and that rink is a bit larger than Lawler.. (just kidding Warrior fans ).. but think that will be a factor.
                        UNH isn't Garden tested at all. They do have a lot of players who have won 1 and 2 NCAA games, which MIGHT be a factor, but they only have 3 players (the top line) who have played in the Garden at all, and none who have registered a point (Thompson and DeSimone were 4th line players and Sislo was on the 3rd line with defensive forwards Fortney and Collins). Using simply the eye test, Merrimack is a better team than UNH, and while I hope UNH can move on to lose to BC in the finals for the 4th time in 13 years....I think MC will do so. I do think we'll get 3 solid games though and look forward to it!

Comment

BC fans.. is Chris Kreider still out? I know he took a puck to the face (jaw?). Not following your thread, unsure if he was back or not.

Regardless, it'll be a shame not to see him skate in the NCAAs. He has not been too shabby at the Garden either..
                          I'm hoping McLauglin for NU is back as well for Friday.
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Too bad its not the late game. It would be helpful for NU fans on co-op who work till 5 but its Friday so leaving early doesn't matter...

Also, anyone who thinks this game is automatic for BC is an idiot. The fact it is only 1 game instead of best of 3 and the last 3 games between the teams have been virtually equal makes it anyones game. BC is obviously more skilled but NU wants it badly, especially after the Beanpot. The team that plays harder is often the winner in these situations
                            NORTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY Go Huskies!

Comment

Much as i'd like to see a NU 'Mack final.. not sure how realistic that is. BC is playing some of their best hockey at the right time.. NU still inconsistent; but gritty.

We'll see..

Of course I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong both gms..
                              One thing I like is that Muse can be solved by NU. Against NU he has an .896 save % and his record is 5-7-1. That's pretty crappy for a guy who has gone 82-31-15 against the rest of the country with an overall .918 save % against the rest of the country. NU may be the ONLY team that has a chance to pull this off. They could be bc's worst nightmare. (NU is their own worst nightmare, see EVERY beanpot since 1988 and before 1980) After the start of the season, this is beyond what I was expecting. Go Huskies!
                              Originally posted by Bakunin
                              Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

BC fans.. is Chris Kreider still out? I know he took a puck to the face (jaw?). Not following your thread, unsure if he was back or not.

Regardless, it'll be a shame not to see him skate in the NCAAs. He has not been too shabby at the Garden either..
                                I'm hoping McLauglin for NU is back as well for Friday.
                                Earliest Kreider can return would be the Frozen Four and even that is a stretch. I heard promising things about McLauglin and would not be surprised to see him on the garden ice on Friday.
                                Northeastern Huskies Class of 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X