Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: #1 Boston College vs. #6 Northeastern - HEA Semifinals - 3/18

Originally posted by Ruikka Task View Post
    I saw more BU basketball jerseys at our game at Agganis than I've ever seen BC basketball jerseys in my life. Must suck to be the worst basketball team in Boston (well I mean Newton!
    Pinheads ride again?
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
      Well its a fact that you lost to an 11-win, terrible Northeastern team this year. If there was a "Basketball Beanpot", BU would likely finish last.
      Not to mention 3 teams from the CAA got into the tournament as an 8 seed, a 9 seed and an 11 seed and are considered to have potential to pull off wins.
      If only there was a Basketball beanpot, maybe Harvard would actually have a chance. And BU would again come in last...
      NORTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by NUkid View Post
        If only there was a Basketball beanpot, maybe Harvard would actually have a chance. And BU would again come in last...
        Look, we made the dance and no one else in this city did. That's all I have to say.

Comment

Dude, give it up. Congrats to BU for winning their conference and making the tourney. That being said, they aren't as good as BC or Harvard.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Dude, give it up. Congrats to BU for winning their conference and making the tourney. That being said, they aren't as good as BC or Harvard.
            IGNORE THE TROLL. PLEASE. This is a HOCKEY thread. Let's keep it that way!
            Originally posted by Bakunin
            Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

I think it's funny that a thread about a hockey game between BC and Northeastern has become a referendum on BU basketball.
              Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Cronin was just seen taking Irish car bombs infused with tiger blood. Something tells me he's ready for tomorrow.
                Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                  Well its a fact that you lost to an 11-win, terrible Northeastern team this year. If there was a "Basketball Beanpot", BU would likely finish last.
                  BU lost to NU by 2 points in the first game of the season, big whoop. BU has beaten NU 2 of the last 3 years by my recollection. BU's RPI (132) is 44 places higher than NU (176). So if there was a basketball Beanpot this year I think BU would have been a slight favorite over NU.

Sure, BU would have gotten massacred by BC and Harvard, but BU would have been very competitive with NU.

(sorry to butt in on the thread)

Comment

NU's lineup this year was a bunch of guys who outside of Chaisson Allen have never started in the NCAA and one one of was out for the year in November. This is besides the point, enough BU basketball talk.
                    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Can we stop talking about basketball? No one here cares. Especially about BU basketball.
                      BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                      National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                      Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                        BU lost to NU by 2 points in the first game of the season, big whoop. BU has beaten NU 2 of the last 3 years by my recollection. BU's RPI (132) is 44 places higher than NU (176). So if there was a basketball Beanpot this year I think BU would have been a slight favorite over NU.

Sure, BU would have gotten massacred by BC and Harvard, but BU would have been very competitive with NU.

(sorry to butt in on the thread)
                        Get out of this thread unless you want to talk pucks and sticks. We (the majority anyway) want to talk hockey, not orange bouncey balls. Thank you and leave unless you want to talk hockey.

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                        NU's lineup this year was a bunch of guys who outside of Chaisson Allen have never started in the NCAA and one one of was out for the year in November. This is besides the point, enough BU basketball talk.
                        Stop responding to them. Please, for the love of all things hockey, STOP WITH THE BOUNCEY BALL TALK!

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
                        Can we stop talking about basketball? No one here cares. Especially about BU basketball.
                        Thanks for someone trying to smarten up this thread. OK, maybe not smarten up, but at least trying to get it back on topic. If I hadn't given out so much rep trying to get people to stop responding to the trolls, I would pos rep you for this post. Thanks for some sanity.
                        Originally posted by Bakunin
                        Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Anyone else think this guy is an impostor?
                          i meant to reply with this quote earlier, yes, i had thought of that while reading his "stuff"

Comment

I'd say the keys to the game for BC include getting good games out of Kevin Hayes and Barry Almeida. KHayes has really elevated his game since slotting into Kreider's spot on the Kreider-Mullane-Hayes line. That line has been crucial to BC's success against some of the more physical, strong, defensively-minded Hockey East opponents that seem better able to handle Atkinson-Gibbons-Whitney than a team like UNH, or western teams.
                            BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                            -
                            Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by DieHardDog View Post
                              Cronin was just seen taking Irish car bombs infused with tiger blood. Something tells me he's ready for tomorrow.
                              when is he going to explode anyway? i just want to make sure i am around because it sure will be something. wouldn't want to mess with him in a dark alley, i can tell you that!

Comment

so what's it going to be tomorrow.. a 7-6 type or 2-1 type affair? thoughts..
                                GO NU HOCKEY
                                Always bullish on the future.
                                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X