No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

Might have been simply a one game/shift thing.

Comment

I was thinking, sheesh CC is a tough draw. Then I saw that they were 4 games over .500.
      Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Congrats to BC, another dominating year for you guys. I was thinking of starting a thread about HE is now composed of BC and a bunch of dubs. Without a doubt the class of Hockey East, good luck in the NCAAs, I expect another banner
        Merrimack's not too shabby, but I agree BC is the best team in the country.
        "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
        Larry David

Comment

Having to go to St Louis is ridiculous. Since BC doesn't give a **** about hockey, the fans that set an attendance record this year are lucky to have this game on TV (and not have to watch on ESPN3). I know the team doesn't care but this is really ridiculous for the fanbase.

I'm encouraging everyone to leave a note on their Facebook page or call the office at 617-552-4681. Not that they'll care, but it will show that someone out there is paying attention and supporting the team, even if the athletic dept won't.
          Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
            I was thinking, sheesh CC is a tough draw. Then I saw that they were 4 games over .500.
            That could be deceiving. Heck NU had a losing record but was a tough draw for BC. But I'm confident they can survive this bracket with the Wolverines, Mavericks, and Tigers.
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

It would be interesting to go up against Dean Blais again if it comes to that.

sigpic

Comment

I love this, I posted on the BC Athletics Facebook wall calling for them to start hosting regionals. And they deleted my post.

sigpic

Comment

I love this, I posted on the BC Athletics Facebook wall calling for them to start hosting regionals. And they deleted my post.
                  I'll do the same tonight, was thinking about emailing GDF but I don't think I want him to realize we have a hockey program.

I actually saw him at banner night in October, if I had a couple more in me I would have given him some crap

Comment

I have created an online petition. Everyone's support is appreciated.

sigpic

Comment

I see they deleted you again. It's like North Korea on that page!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                        I see they deleted you again. It's like North Korea on that page!
                        LOL, Kim Jong DiFilippo

sigpic

Comment

I fully support the idea of BC (or BU or Northeastern) bidding to host a regional, but just out of curiosity, where would you guys want it to take place? I know BU hosted in Worcester before. Would you want to see that, or would you want to see a bid to have it at Conte? Obviously the NCAA likes to avoid campus sites whenever possible, but it seems like the regionals are on campus out west every year or two. I don't think they've been on campus in the east since Mullins hosted 5 or 6 years ago, though.
                          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Problem with Worcester is they don't want BU (or BC) hosting. They wanted a "local" school to host, so that's why Holy Cross does it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                              I fully support the idea of BC (or BU or Northeastern) bidding to host a regional, but just out of curiosity, where would you guys want it to take place? I know BU hosted in Worcester before. Would you want to see that, or would you want to see a bid to have it at Conte? Obviously the NCAA likes to avoid campus sites whenever possible, but it seems like the regionals are on campus out west every year or two. I don't think they've been on campus in the east since Mullins hosted 5 or 6 years ago, though.
                              Used to happen out west, but it created some god-awful controversies -- like a higher seeded team having to play Michigan at Yost. I think they'd like to avoid it, but for a long time out west there weren't very many suitable venues, and there weren't enough places that submitted bids. Don't have a good answer for you though. Holy Cross has been the host the last couple of times in Worcester and Providence is a more logical host for Providence.

Comment

Assuming they can't do Worcester for fear of stepping on Jack's toes, Providence is the obvious answer. But PC might put up a stink. Same problem with the Portland Civic Center and Maine or Hartford and UConn.

Mohegan Sun Arena is probably a bad option, I don't know if it's big enough or if it can host hockey. Plus BC wants nothing to do with anything remotely tied to gambling.

URI is building a new rink so that may be a possibility but I don't know how big it would be. Technically not a "campus" arena since they don't have an NCAA team (yet).

This leaves the two viable options as FleetCenter, which may be too big or too expensive but if ScottTrade Center can do it, we can too. The other option is MassMutual Center in Springfield which seems to host a lot of NCAA events.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X