No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

Congrats to BC, another dominating year for you guys. I was thinking of starting a thread about HE is now composed of BC and a bunch of dubs. Without a doubt the class of Hockey East, good luck in the NCAAs, I expect another banner
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Just saw in the Boston Globe that Chris Kreider returns to practice tomorrow and is good to go for the regionals. Jeesh.
      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

It's tough to really soak in what this senior class has accomplished to date. If they win out, and measuring by championships, it will be the best four years of any college hockey player. Congrats to all of the eagles on yet another title.

More impressive than the shot by Cam was his other goal. Coaches get red in the face screaming at kids to go to the net, that was a perfect example of why he is a goal scorer. Goal scorers go to the net and watching him come flying in on that rebound was a thing of beauty. (okay, the shot didn't s*ck either, but effort wise his first was more impressive)

Overall, unlike Federal League, the game was more dramatic due to Merrimack's mojo and knowing they had some goal scorers if it stayed tight until the end. Thinking back now, Merrimack has two strong lines, BC was rolling four lines consistently when 5X5, and it proved fruitful when their top line had the gas to produce when it mattered.

Great HE season. Looking forward to watching this team, and their senior class, play some more in 2011. Good Luck Eagles!

Comment

NESN is replaying the game at 6:00 tonight
          Last edited by sterlippo1; 03-20-2011, 07:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Congrats to BC, another dominating year for you guys. I was thinking of starting a thread about HE is now composed of BC and a bunch of dubs. Without a doubt the class of Hockey East, good luck in the NCAAs, I expect another banner
            Too bad Maine and BU couldn't represent. I was really hoping HE could have 5 teams in the Tournament. Agreed that BC tops the list.

Comment

from John Powers in today's Globe...

"By now, BC has enough hardware to open its own Home Depot next to McElroy Commons."

Comment

Added gallery from last night earlier this morning - http://www.uscho.com/photos/2011/03/...pionship-game/ (Will caption later)

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Barry Melrose didn't put his jinx on us! Awesome!
                  BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                  National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                  Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

So with Kreider looking to be back for the regionals, where do you fit him into the lineup? I'm guessing he takes Carey's spot on the 2nd line and then Carey bumps Almeida to the 4th line. Am also wondering about who the last forward is going to be? Dyroff looked very good to me, though Brown has had a lot more playing time this year. Also, is TAtkinson ready to return? He's got the most experience of the three, but is pretty small for a 4th line grinder type.

Comment

• Aside from it being in St Louis, I like our bracket. While its obviously not the cakewalk that Yale's is, it's not insanely hard. Also, I'd rather have a regional where we'll have to take everyone seriously rather than be able to sleepwalk into the frozen four
                      I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

“I want to be like them.” -Scott Sandelin

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Thanks Wally, you are one of the few, level headed, classy Maine fans

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                          So with Kreider looking to be back for the regionals, where do you fit him into the lineup? I'm guessing he takes Carey's spot on the 2nd line and then Carey bumps Almeida to the 4th line. Am also wondering about who the last forward is going to be? Dyroff looked very good to me, though Brown has had a lot more playing time this year. Also, is TAtkinson ready to return? He's got the most experience of the three, but is pretty small for a 4th line grinder type.
                          I'm not splitting up Steve Whitney-Arnold-Almeida

Kevin Hayes centering Carey on wing, Dyroff has looked pretty decent. TAtkinson might be close to getting back, I'd put him in.

Comment

i'm sure the powerplay will remain largely unchanged with Kreider replacing kevin hayes (just like in the normal lines) but i think you could also move kreider up for almeida on the first pp line and leave kevin on the 2nd unit. they did some good things this weekend.
                            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                              i'm sure the powerplay will remain largely unchanged with Kreider replacing kevin hayes (just like in the normal lines) but i think you could also move kreider up for almeida on the first pp line and leave kevin on the 2nd unit. they did some good things this weekend.
                              Kevin deserves more time, has really picked up his game of late maybe replace Almeida with Kreider? Good Lord there is talent on the powerplay units. Edit: I think Kevin was with the 1st unit before Kreider went down.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                                Kevin deserves more time, has really picked up his game of late maybe replace Almeida with Kreider? Good Lord there is talent on the powerplay units. Edit: I think Kevin was with the 1st unit before Kreider went down.
                                i dont think he was ever on the powerplay. i think it was probably carey.
                                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X