No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

Dennehy got co-COTY last year anyway, and I think it was more a shaft job then for him to share it with Umile then getting overlooked this year. At the beginning of this season most people saw how bad the rest of hockey east was and fully expected Merrimack to be a 3rd or 4th place team. So for those who say York doesn't deserve it based on preseason expectations, Dennehy should be judged under the same principle. The voters probably looked at BC's success despite the rash of injuries they have had to deal with this season. (Hayes/Alber/Cross/Kreider/Atkinson) I think the immortal hokydope pointed out that we didn't really have a long bench and that lack of depth from letting someone like Lyles get away would come back to bite us.

Comment

hokydad didn't even need to point that out...we all know York never has a deep bench

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
        In the past, York has coached up some good-not-great teams that performed like great teams.. This year, he's got it all talent-wise and still had to win out in the last weekend to take the RS title, yet he wins COTY over Dennehy who has basically made a top-ten team out of spit and duct tape? Doesn't make sense to me at all.
        This is a classy and objective post. As a Harvard fan with no skin in this game, to me, it's shameful that Dennehy didn't get the award. York is in a class by himself, and because of that, I bet he would state that Dennehy was more deserving.

Comment

Shameful? Please.

Comment

Congrats guys. G'luck to you guys in the NCAAs. Bring it back to Hockey East. See you nxt season.
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Did KHayes play on the line with JHayes and Mullane or was it Carey?

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                Did KHayes play on the line with JHayes and Mullane or was it Carey?
                Carey

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                  This is a classy and objective post. As a Harvard fan with no skin in this game, to me, it's shameful that Dennehy didn't get the award. York is in a class by himself, and because of that, I bet he would state that Dennehy was more deserving.
                  How about if we just rename the award The Yorkie?!?

Then we can honor Jerry every season, as well as the "next best coach" of the year?!?
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Carey
                    Interesting.... The way KHayes is playing lately, vs Carey who seems to be slumping a bit, am surprised that KHayes isn't playing with his brother as they seem to have very good chemistry. I guess York knows more than me

Comment

I still don't like the idea of burying a proven goal scorer and complete player, a junior at that, on the 4th line. I like how it's set up now with K. Hayes getting some PP time.

I'll say this, Kevin Hayes coming of age is a huge development for this team at the perfect time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruikka Task View Post
                        If you BC fans really think Jerry York deserves that award you are even more delusional than I though. I'm pretty sure I could have coached this BC team to the same record as Jerry York has.
                        Task you suck as much as your alter ego did last night in the Bruins goal. This is why you are a fanboys fanboy. You just dont get that a man who takes a team (albeit very talented) to this level the year after winning an NC is all about motivating your players to play their best every night. Whereas Jackie boy cant motivate a team the year after a total flop to do better the next year (actually ended up worse), who's team comes out flat on senior night and then again in a 3 game home playoff with your season on the line. Winners understand why York get the COY, losers dont.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                          Task you suck as much as your alter ego did last night in the Bruins goal. This is why you are a fanboys fanboy. You just dont get that a man who takes a team (albeit very talented) to this level the year after winning an NC is all about motivating your players to play their best every night. Whereas Jackie boy cant motivate a team the year after a total flop to do better the next year (actually ended up worse), who's team comes out flat on senior night and then again in a 3 game home playoff with your season on the line. Winners understand why York get the COY, losers dont.

facial.
                          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

UNH may be sending us out West.....
                            BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                            National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                            Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
                              UNH may be sending us out West.....
                              And Merrimack may send us out East. Please destroy them tomorrow
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                                Thank you, but the corollary to what I said was that York has been screwed out of this award in the past.
                                Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Working...
                                X