No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
    You're not giving us enough credit!!!!!!!!

Hey, we have to beat you guys some time... right?

Looking forward to a chance at redemption this year led by Hobey Miele.
    maybe it was good for you guys to not rip it up during the season like the past 3 years and gear up for the NCAA's. from afar, it seems you are playing your best hockey right now, no? no losses in regulation since 1/18 is a nice run. good luck, i'd like to see you there again

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    We in the west think very highly of the MacNaughton Cup. We do probably celebrate it more than anyone celebrates anything else, minus the National Championship. That being said, if you thought this year's was a big celebration, you should have watched the '09 celebration...

We proceeded to play terrible hockey and lose our next three games. I like that we didn't get too into it this year...shows that we are focused on better things.
    i know it's pretty big and different from out here where the Reg Season title while nice to have isn't so much of a big deal as the tourney is

Comment

Arnold named to HE rookie team

Dumoulin best dman

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        We in the west think very highly of the MacNaughton Cup. We do probably celebrate it more than anyone celebrates anything else, minus the National Championship. That being said, if you thought this year's was a big celebration, you should have watched the '09 celebration...

Part 1:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2cVcKlD7O4

Part 2:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfMfa...eature=related

We proceeded to play terrible hockey and lose our next three games. I like that we didn't get too into it this year...shows that we are focused on better things.
        Well, this has been the WCHA "national championship" the last several years.

Comment

This might go under the radar, but Muse was runner up to Paul Thompson for POTY. Didn't see that one coming...

I guess I should mention somehow Kieran Millan was also runner up...how the hell that happened, I don't know.

Comment

Goal right now is, win the regionals they're slotted in and make the FF and make it to the championship game. Along the way, if they win the HE Tournament that would be gravy.
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

In the past, York has coached up some good-not-great teams that performed like great teams.. This year, he's got it all talent-wise and still had to win out in the last weekend to take the RS title, yet he wins COTY over Dennehy who has basically made a top-ten team out of spit and duct tape? Doesn't make sense to me at all.
              Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

In a vacuum, it doesn't make sense. Considering the number of times he's been forgotten when it comes to this award...he deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                  In the past, York has coached up some good-not-great teams that performed like great teams.. This year, he's got it all talent-wise and still had to win out in the last weekend to take the RS title, yet he wins COTY over Dennehy who has basically made a top-ten team out of spit and duct tape? Doesn't make sense to me at all.
                  Everyone is underestimating how difficult it is to manage expectations when those expectations are second to none.

Comment

Tonight BC should keep the score down unlike the 7-6 and 7-7 games. If they do, they should be able to win.
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                      The best coach in the country won the coach of the year award in the league this year. How could this not make sense? Again, you're saddled with expectations that can't be topped. Not only did he come through but he did it with a bullseye on the back of the team every single night. Every night. That is so tough to do it's ridiculous. Keeping a team this talented focused? Very difficult. Dennehy did a great job at Merrimack with his euro mercenaries and goons too. But the best coach won the best coach award. Where's the contraversy?
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

If you BC fans really think Jerry York deserves that award you are even more delusional than I though. I'm pretty sure I could have coached this BC team to the same record as Jerry York has.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruikka Task View Post
                          If you BC fans really think Jerry York deserves that award you are even more delusional than I though. I'm pretty sure I could have coached this BC team to the same record as Jerry York has.
                          Kill yourself.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

You probably would have called it a season after the Beanpot win...
                            I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

“I want to be like them.” -Scott Sandelin

Comment

So you would say the same about Parker and the loaded 2009 BU team, right?

Comment

That's saying something, because I doubt your idol Jackie could. You flat out suck at this message board thing. Something stinks with your account...

Originally posted by Moose98 View Post
                                So you would say the same about Parker and the loaded 2009 BU team, right?
                                LOL of course not. Because BC was the team picked first!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X