No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

Originally posted by 5minutemajor View Post
    Actually BC rarely plays my team and really hasn't had that much success against them head to head. I just love to see BC lose and listen to how proud their fans are of their Hockey East title and Hockey East tournament title. Really??!! Hockey East sucked this year. I feel terrible for the coaching staff and the players on BC's team, but I will never feel sorry for their arrogant cry baby fans.
    we dont want or need your condolences, have a good day

Comment

Actually BC rarely plays my team and really hasn't had that much success against them head to head. I just love to see BC lose and listen to how proud their fans are of their Hockey East title and Hockey East tournament title. Really??!! Hockey East sucked this year. I feel terrible for the coaching staff and the players on BC's team, but I will never feel sorry for their arrogant cry baby fans.
      Congrats to you, sounds like you are feeling love for the first time in years. Enjoy it. It's better than hate.

How many banners do the seniors on "your team" have?

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
        Congrats to you, sounds like you are feeling love for the first time in years. Enjoy it. It's better than hate.

Silly BC arrogance. Your team went one and done.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post

You know... my ingnore feature works a lot better if you guys stop quoting him.
          Last edited by ericredaxe; 03-26-2011, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by collegefan06 View Post
            I want to congratulate the BC senior class for an incredible 4 year run of success. While they must be in shock over this game they will understand that a bad night happens...sometimes at the worst time.

I hope this one game does not overshadow amazing BC careers for each of them. We give each other a hard time on here as BU-BC rivals but each of these kids truly is passionate about this game (despite the BU fan's opinions to the contrary often times) and I simply wanted to express my appreciation for the amazing hockey I enjoyed in the many games I watched they and their teammates play these last 4 years.

Hopefully Jerry gives them more of an off season than the partial week of spring break and 2 daya given the Terriers by Parker. Quite a mental break from a grueling and long season.
            It's particularly unfortunate to see Muse's career at BC end this way. 8-0 in NCAA games entering last night, and only one post season loss at all in his 4 years at BC entering tonight, and to give up those 7 goals and get pulled in your final game as an Eagle. Very unfortunate way to end your career...
            Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
            when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
            "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
              Geez, when UNH fans cite things like this they are hammered and mocked by much of the BC crowd. Guess the Eagles were spent after focusing on the regular season and Hockey East tournament?
              I agree with Greg. When UNH loses an NCAA game despite accolades earned during the regular season, it's considered a "CHOKE" by certain (read: not all) members of Chestnut Hill Nation. Karma......

As a I said before, the Eagles have had a terrifc run over the last several seasons, and no doubt they will be back in full force next year. I feel badly for the seniors who had to end their collegiate careers on such a sour note.
              sigpicSouthern New Hampshire University '95

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
              On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
                Can't believe the team choked this bad. Definitely overlooked this team and was way too over confident. Thought York was better than that.
                He is better than that. Even the best have days like this. He ain't perfect.

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
                Going to have to lay off them until we fix it (even though we have actually won titles). We probably even took their method of choking and doubled it.
                I don't particularly go after UNH to begin with, but take a step back and think about what this group of BC players has accomplished. It's not comparable to any other school over the four years.

Originally posted by bcuafmsu2 View Post
                And the cupboard may be bare for a few years at The Heights after this one, what with graduation and some likely early pro signings.
                Let's hope it's only Jimmy Hayes and Cam Atkinson. I would disagree that the cupboard will be bare.

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                Unfortunate way for Muse to go out. I wonder if Jerry stuck with him too long out of loyalty?
                My guess is he waited until the end of the 2nd period so he could address it in the locker room.

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                It's all Muse's fault! It's all Muse's fault! He sucks at life! And Goaltending! Sieve sieve sieve sieve!

Eat a fat one, BC, seeya in September!
                Wow.

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                However, at 3-1 he needed to call time out
                I thought he would take a timeout there. Even down 3-1, they were going on a PP at the end of the first and just gave up a killer SHG.

Haha you are not at all warmer. But I have figured you out. You are a p**** a** BC fan who cries like a little b**** when your team loses. Better luck next year.
                Seriously, who do you root for? If you can't answer a simple question, I'll have to chalk this up to envy. Also, who is crying? BC got beat.

Originally posted by Stack View Post
                BC was by far the tournament favorite.
                I'd say co-favorite with UND, but ya.

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                As a BC fan, I can accept the loss last night because they got the result they deserved. Those three hit posts? Big deal; they lose 8-7.
                Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                hmmm
                ahahahahaha what a fraud. quoting yourself and conveniently leaving out that on another thread you predicted loss #19 was coming for CC against BC. what an idiot.

not to mention, i said earlier in this thread that i would not be surprised if BC lost. obviously, i was surprised how it happened.

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                4) The 5 forwards on the 1st unit finally comes back to bite us
                Live by it, die by it...and we certainly died by it. I've never been a huge fan of it, but it's been hard arguing with the results.

Originally posted by eaglehockeyrules View Post
                I am not so sure. Muse let some softies in for sure, but those softies were basically on the odd man rush.
                This seems a little contradictory. To me, Muse needed to do a better job on the 2nd CC goal (even though Samuelsson got beat to the rebound). Other than that, he was screened on the first one, Cross got pick pocketed on the 3rd and then of course the SH breakaway goal to make it 4-1.

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                Geez, when UNH fans cite things like this they are hammered and mocked by much of the BC crowd. Guess the Eagles were spent after focusing on the regular season and Hockey East tournament?
                Kinda reminded me of the end of the 2005 season. Won everything, but then just had a miserable weekend in Worcester. Unfortunately, it happens.

but I will never feel sorry for their arrogant cry baby fans.
                Who is crying?

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                Raise a Banner !!!
                Come on, I would expect this from a UNH fan today...but UVM?

Originally posted by Boar View Post
                Silly BC arrogance. Your team went one and done.
                So because they lost their first game, "BC" is arrogant?

Comment

I can see some UNH fans are a tad touchy after this BC loss. Can't say I blame you. Anyway, I'll be rooting for you today...go Hockey East.

Comment

Originally posted by yankeefn01 View Post
                    It's particularly unfortunate to see Muse's career at BC end this way. 8-0 in NCAA games entering last night, and only one post season loss at all in his 4 years at BC entering tonight, and to give up those 7 goals and get pulled in your final game as an Eagle. Very unfortunate way to end your career...
                    Goes to show that any given day..

This might be a sour note for the seniors, but their careers are hardly over, and looking back they are arguably one of the most successful classes in college hockey I have ever seen. Unlike UNH spankings, this is a fluke. It says a lot when the hopes of hockey east are on Merrimack to win a title. 10 years ago, that last sentance would be viewed as a joke...
                    "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

This is an honest question to BC fans. I firmly believed all year, even after watching my team (Merrimack) take two of three from you guys, that BC had the best team and was going to win it all. They were super talented and had the best coach on the planet. I saw BC play live at the Beanpot, the four games against MC, the Sunday game against Maine and against NU in the HE Semifinals. In three of those games, and then again against CC, the defense and goaltending just got scorched, while otherwise being very dominant. What do the diehard BC fans attribute the defensive breakdowns to?

Comment

BC showed CC zero respect. They thought they could get away with not playing in the first period, and they got what they deserved.

Oh, poor seniors only got two national championships and a million HEA titles.

Don't feel sorry for them.

Comment

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
                          BC showed CC zero respect. They thought they could get away with not playing in the first period, and they got what they deserved.

Oh, poor seniors only got two national championships and a million HEA titles.

Don't feel sorry for them.
                          Are you serious? I'm not even a BC fan but how can you not realize just how good this BC team is? They lost a big game.....that's the risk of "one and done" in the NCAA Tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by TimK View Post
                            Are you serious? I'm not even a BC fan but how can you not realize just how good this BC team is? They lost a big game.....that's the risk of "one and done" in the NCAA Tournament.
                            You totally missed the point of my post.

Read it again and think about the first two sentences really hard and maybe it will come to you.

Comment

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
                              You totally missed the point of my post.

Read it again and think about the first two sentences really hard and maybe it will come to you.
                              Thanks for the clarification.....I never would have understood your point without that. You did make some sense up until the "...they got what they deserved point". Did they overlook CC....probably. Did CC outskate, outhit, and beat them to nearly every loose puck....yes. Did the CC goalie stand on his head.....yes. Did BCs defense play their worst game of the year....yes. It's your "screw BC and their Natl Championships" attitude that I took issue with

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                I can see some UNH fans are a tad touchy after this BC loss. Can't say I blame you. Anyway, I'll be rooting for you today...go Hockey East.
                                Personally I was rooting for BC, I felt it was Hockey East's best chance to bring home another NC

Comment

Working...
                                X