No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
    I think my point still stands.
    I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

“I want to be like them.” -Scott Sandelin

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      I hope they come back in the third and you guys eat crow.
      You want to throw them under the bus like this... Why don't you go start a "Fire Jerry York" thread.
      The team played like ****. It happens. I still stand by my posts and everything said in them. It has nothing to do with "throwing them under the bus," it was just calling things like they were.

I don't get how that is at all similiar to making a "Fire Jerry York" thread. Is it because I realized the game was over when we went down 7-2 and you held out some hope? Rather then forcing myself to watch that garbage play, I shut it off and was okay with the result. If they came back miraculously, I would have looked stupid but you could clearly tell that they weren't all there tonight.

Thanks for the input though. We still have 2 of the last 4 titles which is more than anyone else can claim. Like I said, I hope this loss motivates the guys who could potentially leave to come back and give it another go at the title.
      BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
      National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
      Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Over the past several years, I have really come to appreciate the greatness of Jerry York and the BC program, and have also enjoyed chatting with and meeting some of the BC posters on this board during the time I was living in Boston. You are amongst my favorite fanbases in our sport, and most of you handle both wins AND losses with class. I have to say that, as a CC fan, I felt like the BC fanbase respected our team going into this game more than anyone else did, and I appreciated the fact that there really was no trash talk. You as a fan base seem to have a good grasp of the old Tom Landry, "Act like you've been there before" mentality. I cheer for BC more often than not because I have tremendous respect for your program and for the longtime fans.

Watching my team beat BC at their own game tonight is truly one of the most gratifying wins I have had as a sports fan. Most of that is because I very well know and admire the opponent my team was up against. Plain and simple: BC is the program I want CC to be and maybe tonight was a step in that direction.

Hold your heads up high. This senior class has been absolutely amazing, and one loss tonight does not take that away.
        Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
        -dggoddard

Comment

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post
          Over the past several years, I have really come to appreciate the greatness of Jerry York and the BC program, and have also enjoyed chatting with and meeting some of the BC posters on this board during the time I was living in Boston. You are amongst my favorite fanbases in our sport, and most of you handle both wins AND losses with class. I have to say that, as a CC fan, I felt like the BC fanbase respected our team going into this game more than anyone else did, and I appreciated the fact that there really was no trash talk. You as a fan base seem to have a good grasp of the old Tom Landry, "Act like you've been there before" mentality. I cheer for BC more often than not because I have tremendous respect for your program and for the longtime fans.

Watching my team beat BC at their own game tonight is truly one of the most gratifying wins I have had as a sports fan. Most of that is because I very well know and admire the opponent my team was up against. Plain and simple: BC is the program I want CC to be and maybe tonight was a step in that direction.

Hold your heads up high. This senior class has been absolutely amazing, and one loss tonight does not take that away.
          WCHA rules. Except UNO.

Sigh.

Comment

I've watched my RedHawks bow out of the NCAA tournament to BC through the majority of my time in college. Admittedly, after the 08 loss (the only game where I feel we had a chance against you), I despised BC, the fans, the team, all of it; as unwarranted as it was. However, after attending the Frozen Four last year, and despite the 7-1 drubbing, all of the BC fans I met were classy as hell and didn't display the mightier-than-art-thou attitude that a lot of Miami supporters seem to think you carry. My initial disdain for BC has turned into a combination of respect and jealousy. Its unfortunate that your run this year had to end like this, especially for the seniors who were a part of that first title run as freshman (I've watched the replay of Joe Whitney scoring in overtime probably as many times as I've watched the replay of that "other" overtime game we were involved in recently; I don't know why I subject myself to such arcane sports torture, I'm also a Cleveland sports fan) I was really hoping we would have a chance to exorcise some demons for a national title, but knowing your program you'll be back in the running for the title next year.

Anywho, I'm just rambling at this hour, but I wanted to offer my condolences and to maybe show that not all Miami fans are crying foul as to why nobody views us as a "dynasty" yet. Through my four (well, five) years of college there was one college hockey dynasty, and it was the Boston College Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by MUOnly7492 View Post
              I've watched my RedHawks bow out of the NCAA tournament to BC through the majority of my time in college.
              Hey, now that every Boston school is out, maybe Miami has a prayer of winning the tourney!!!

I feel slightly crushed over the last loss, but I truly believe that the better team from the night won. We played pretty well in the end, but the crappy first and second periods were too much to overcome. Congrats to CC, they were the better team, and if they played like it. I'm not sure why, but I can't even help to be upset. I am immensely proud of everything our team and our seniors have accomplished, and I can't help but be happy with everything BC hockey has done.

Congrats to the players, the fan support, the athletic department, the sports marketing, etc. It was a great year of Boston College hockey, and there is a lot to be proud of.
              Boston College Eagles National Championships: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Minnesota Golden Gophers National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Comment

As a BC fan, I can accept the loss last night because they got the result they deserved. Those three hit posts? Big deal; they lose 8-7.

Barry Melrose will no doubt remind his TV audience today that he was right about Muse 'being due.' I suppose looked at pragmatically, the whole BC team 'was due.'

Still, after every CC goal last night I glanced over at the huge 2010 NCAA Championship banner hanging on the wall of my TV man-cave. That helped neutralize things a bit.

Go UNH and Merrimack...a Hockey East Go-For-Four!
                Chris V
                Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

I'm shocked, have the game taped so I can't really comment on the game. I really thought they'd go all the way.
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

BC should beat CC 9 times out of 10. It just wasnt you're night. I certainly didnt see this coming! Congrats on another fine season and I'm sure you'll be back strong next year.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                      Having the leagues as sponsors has some appeal, but I'm not sure that it accomplishes much. If I'm the Verizon Center, I'd be happy to host a Regional if I'm assured that if UNH makes the tournament, they will be there. If I know that UNH might get shipped out, I'm not so sure I want the Regional. So I don't think it can be assumed that there would be a Regional in Manchester if HE was the host.

I'd guess that basketball regionals are an almost assured money maker, even in an NBA size venue, particularly if you include business to local hotels, restaurants, and bars. But I assume that hockey is much more risky (maybe not for the bars ) so the NCAA has to go to greater lengths, like guaranteering the sponsoring school gets to stay home, to get venues to bid for hockey regionals.
                      Why would the Verizon Center, which is in DC, care about UNH?
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post

congrats to you and your team, they were fantastic last night and your post is one of if not THE classiest posts i have ever read on these boards. Your kind words are much appreciated and makes this morning a little easier, they were that meaningful. Best of luck to Colorado College!

Comment

Congratulations to the 2011 BC Eagles for another successful campaign. As they say, you can't win em all. (Although we would like to think they could.) Great season.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                            As a BC fan, I can accept the loss last night because they got the result they deserved. Those three hit posts? Big deal; they lose 8-7.

Barry Melrose will no doubt remind his TV audience today that he was right about Muse 'being due.' I suppose looked at pragmatically, the whole BC team 'was due.'

Still, after every CC goal last night I glanced over at the huge 2010 NCAA Championship banner hanging on the wall of my TV man-cave. That helped neutralize things a bit.

Go UNH and Merrimack...a Hockey East Go-For-Four!
                            BC also had some wide open goals absolutely robbed. I think that BC goal in the first 19 seconds might have been a bad thing. I know when I saw it I basically prepared myself for "Oh boy, here we go, BC is going to destroy CC" Maybe the players thought the same and then just let the game get away from them. Not something they are known for doing, but that's what seemed to happen.

BC had those offensive chances. However, the defense killed them. They let CC dance all around them and let them through. 2 short handed goals are inexcusable especially when one was by a lumbering defensemen who somehow out skated a BC defenseman. Can't blame too much of it on Muse either although maybe they should have switched out the goalies a little bit earlier.

Would have liked to have seen a Boston team get it four in a row but I can settle for Hockey East four in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                              Aot of that has to do with the refs. Hockey east is much tighter and different style refs vs CC's league.
                              I wouldn't be shocked if BC loses, dont expect them to blow them out. CC lost 18 games but has a ton of talent, especialy the Scwartz brothers.
                              hmmm

Comment

I've seen this team play 30+ games this year and these seniors play over 100 -in my wildest dreams I never saw this coming.

I haven't seen a BC team be dominated like that since the 08-09 season when they played at BU where the talent gap was so wide there was literally nothing BC could do.

This night included, this senior class will go down as the best class ever to step foot on campus at BC.

Several thoughts, eventually I'll sack up & watch the DVR

1) Agreed, having Muse watch the last 20 minutes from the bench was clownshoes. This guy is playoff-wise the best goalie we've ever seen at BC & there is no argument.
                                2) I've never seen a goalie allow 4 or whatever it was, goals in the 1st period and still make so many huge, huge saves
                                3) The D was an absolute abortion -before the game was out of reach they were getting 3/2 on 1s every 30 seconds. Is the fact that all 7 Dmen are coming back a good thing? Obviously exaggeration but Jesus Christ
                                4) The 5 forwards on the 1st unit finally comes back to bite us

Comment

Working...
                                X