No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

Originally posted by 5minutemajor View Post
    Way to live in the past. CHOKE!!!!!!!!!!
    Are you a Merrimack fan?
    I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

“I want to be like them.” -Scott Sandelin

Comment

• Originally posted by 5minutemajor View Post
      Ahaahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! Way to choke BC!!!
      They ran out of time.

Comment

Was a little sad watching that game and seeing John Muse end his tenure at BC on the bench, he is true champion who deserved to go out better then with his worst game at BC. As a UNH fan wond be sad to see him go, but he deserved so much better. Best of luck to a true winner.

Comment

• Very classy post btw.
          Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          I wanted to come in and try to offer whatever sympathy I can for Boston College. Despite the outcome of tonight's game, BC's senior's go out as one of the greatest classes in college hockey history. The Eagles had a tremendous season, hitting the 30 win plateau, winning both the Hockey East Regular Season and Tournament Championships. In the NCAA Tournament anything can happen, even to a great team. I was in Denver in '08 when you guys killed us, so I know the feeling. The next few days are going to be rough, and it may even be difficult to watch the rest of the NCAA Tournament knowing what could have been. When that feeling is over though, you'll realize what a great season your team had, and be proud of their accomplishments. Anyway, I just wanted to come in and say I know the feeling. Boston College had a great season, but in a one and done tournament, anything can happen. Keep your heads up!

Comment

I think BC got too used to the slower play in Hockey East, because CC was blowing by the entire team for most of the game. This was a big, big surprise. If CC is the #4 seed and #5 in the WHCA, I'd hate to play the teams ahead of them.

Regarding the gameplan York admitted he knew little about CC when the brackets were announced. However, at 3-1 he needed to call time out and tell his team to stop taking chances trying to win a race with these guys, becuase to a man they were flat out faster. Slow it down, try to get a few PP's and take it from there. Beyond that Whitney was awful. The big guys played a pretty good game but did get robbed by the goalie on multiple occasions. Usually scoring 4 times ought to get you the win though, but I thought they hung Muse out to dry.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by billb View Post
              That was interesting: some of the comments on the Score Updates thread referred to CC as the UNH of the west. Well, haha, very funny, as we've seen, anything can happen.
              So, congrats to BC on a great season: Beanpot champs; HE regular season champs; HE playoff champ. I know it's a disappointment for a team and fanbase which are accustomed to winning; it wasn't in the cards.
              CC four or five years ago was the UNH of the west. Our style of playing is changing though and this young team who is wildly inconsistent is learning how to win. With all due respect, CC is the BC of the west.

I wish you all the best this off season. I really hope the NHL keeps their hands off all your fantastic under classmen.
              Colorado College Tigers

Comment

No I am not a Merrimack fan and whoever the piece of sh** was that emailed me get a life!! I am very happy to see BC lose, but in all seriousness this team had amazing talent and I am very sorry for the seniors on BC team because they obviously had higher hopes than this. Best of luck to those seniors in future hockey endeavors or in life, they truly were a special group.

Comment

No I am not a Merrimack fan and whoever the piece of sh** was that emailed me get a life!! I am very happy to see BC lose, but in all seriousness this team had amazing talent and I am very sorry for the seniors on BC team because they obviously had higher hopes than this. Best of luck to those seniors in future hockey endeavors or in life, they truly were a special group.
                  I think I figured it out...you're a ********* NoDak fan who's thrilled you won't get the regular curb-stomping courtesy of BC. Am I getting warmer?
                  I assure you, ladies and gentlemen, no matter what the others promise to do... when it comes to the showdown, they won't be there

EAGLE HOCKEY

Comment

Rapid reaction..

- *** was with all those odd man rushes? Muse can't be blamed for this one.
                    - Everyone had a bad game. Joe Whitney in particular.
                    - 2 running the goalie penalties?
                    - 2 SHG's allowed?
                    - The game might have been very different had Howe not made those two RIDICULOUS saves in the 1st.
                    - Three pipes. There were a lot of shots that missed by an inch or two, but that's how the cookie crumbles.
                    - First first-round loss in the NCAA's by a York team.
                    - Trying to remember when, if ever, a York team has lost due to the other team being faster.

Most of all, over the years as a BC fan I have been spoiled to see BC do this to team after team. 5-1 over BU, UND in the national semis in 2008, etc. Just felt a little bizarro world to be on the other side.

Still have a Hockey East dual crown this year, you can't call not winning the NCAA's a failure. I've said it before and I've said it again: all you can ask for as a fan is to be in the hunt, which we as BC fans are lucky to have year in, year out.

This CC team is hungry, Michigan will have their hands full.
                    Last edited by Zudnic; 03-25-2011, 11:40 PM.
                    Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by JMSF#1 View Post
                      I think I figured it out...you're a ********* NoDak fan who's thrilled you won't get the regular curb-stomping courtesy of BC. Am I getting warmer?
                      Haha you are not at all warmer. But I have figured you out. You are a p**** a** BC fan who cries like a little b**** when your team loses. Better luck next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        I think BC got too used to the slower play in Hockey East, because CC was blowing by the entire team for most of the game. This was a big, big surprise. If CC is the #4 seed and #5 in the WHCA, I'd hate to play the teams ahead of them.
                        Actually, CC finished #6 in the WCHA this year, not #5 as the game announcers kept saying. But CC is playing great hockey right now. They gave UND everything we could handle in the WCHA tourney last week.
                        sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by JMSF#1 View Post

Comment

BC was by far the tournament favorite. Defending national champ with 17 players back from last year. But once again NCAA hockey shows that in a one and done scenario anything can happen. I was surprised that York had no answer for CC tonight. the entire BC team played little or no defense and that's why they not only lost but got stomped. Reminded me of what BC did to North Dakota in Denver in the frozen Four. Unexpected but crap happens.

Comment

Haha you are not at all warmer. But I have figured you out. You are a p**** a** BC fan who cries like a little b**** when your team loses. Better luck next year.
                              If you were a brighter bulb, you'd notice that I haven't posted anything about the game...I've been calling you as the pathetic d-bag that you are for coming onto another team's thread gloating about a game that your team had no part in.

Whoever you are a fan of, your team most likely has had a train ran on it by BC the last decade...I don't blame you for being happy.

EAGLE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                If CC is the #4 seed and #5 in the WHCA, I'd hate to play the teams ahead of them.
                                CC finished 6th in the WCHA. They have improved dramatically over the course of the year, and Jaden Schwartz was out of the lineup with a broken ankle for a while which obviously impacted the team and their record.

This BC senior class has a huge amount to be proud of. Muse is going to go down in NCAA hockey history as one of the all-time greats in NCAA tournament play. One loss doesn't take that away.

Comment

Working...
                                X