No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

Vince Lombardi once said.. 'we didn't lose this game.. we just ran out of time'..

... i think that's what BC faced tonight.

Regardless, great season & accomplishment as always.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Ahaahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! Way to choke BC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
        I hope they come back in the third and you guys eat crow.
        You want to throw them under the bus like this... Why don't you go start a "Fire Jerry York" thread.
        They certinally came out in the 3rd, and played like they could come back....props to the team for that... Sometimes a wheel just comes off, even when you think you are ready.

Here is to hoping UNH and Merrimack can carry the banner for Hockey East the rest of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
          Also, can't believe we just pulled a UNH. Going to have to lay off them until we fix it (even though we have actually won titles). We probably even took their method of choking and doubled it.
          Chit happens I guess.

So if UNH (4th seed) loses to Miami (1st seed) then it's all in a day's work, and the threads will be devoid of obnoxious jeers. I can hardly wait.
          sigpicSouthern New Hampshire University '95

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
          On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!

Comment

Unfortunate way for Muse to go out. I wonder if Jerry stuck with him too long out of loyalty? You guys also hit a lot of pipes that could have changed things.

Anyway, congrats on a great season.
            Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
              Unfortunate way for Muse to go out. I wonder if Jerry stuck with him too long out of loyalty? You guys also hit a lot of pipes that could have changed things.

Anyway, congrats on a great season.
              It's all Muse's fault! It's all Muse's fault! He sucks at life! And Goaltending! Sieve sieve sieve sieve!

Eat a fat one, BC, seeya in September!

Comment

Never been a BC fan but that was tough watch. Felt bad for Muse.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                  It's all Muse's fault! It's all Muse's fault! He sucks at life! And Goaltending! Sieve sieve sieve sieve!

Eat a fat one, BC, seeya in September!
                  Stay classy, noob.
                  BC's won more post season games the last 3 years than Merrimack will ever in D1

That said, ouch, BC, ouch! Good run, tough way to go out.

Comment

Painful game to watch tonight.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    The kids are 9 and 10. Most of them have no clue where to go on the ice under what circumstances.

Some are lazy.
                    Some have ADHD and are clearly unmedicated.
                    Some are just clueless.
                    Ah, youth hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                      Stay classy, noob.

That said, ouch, BC, ouch! Good run, tough way to go out.
                      I agree 100%...BC has plenty to be proud of, tonight was an aberration and an unfortunate end to an outstanding season.
                      sigpicSouthern New Hampshire University '95

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                      On a side note, when I found this video I also found some highlights of CC smoking BC in St. Louis. It was even worse than I remember. My God what an abortion that night was. Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        They certinally came out in the 3rd, and played like they could come back....props to the team for that... Sometimes a wheel just comes off, even when you think you are ready.

Here is to hoping UNH and Merrimack can carry the banner for Hockey East the rest of the way.
                        lotta that 3rd was cc laying back and making sure there were no odd rushes. the old "playing not to give up a four pointer" prevent defense.

oddly enough, bc played a bu game tonight. guys didn't get back on defense. guys when down concentrated on offense and didn't think to stop giving up goals. and at the end gibbons hacked someone and took a stupid penalty.

must be 'comm ave disease'.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                          Stay classy, noob.
                          Way to live in the past. CHOKE!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I wanted to come in and try to offer whatever sympathy I can for Boston College. Despite the outcome of tonight's game, BC's senior's go out as one of the greatest classes in college hockey history. The Eagles had a tremendous season, hitting the 30 win plateau, winning both the Hockey East Regular Season and Tournament Championships. In the NCAA Tournament anything can happen, even to a great team. I was in Denver in '08 when you guys killed us, so I know the feeling. The next few days are going to be rough, and it may even be difficult to watch the rest of the NCAA Tournament knowing what could have been. When that feeling is over though, you'll realize what a great season your team had, and be proud of their accomplishments. Anyway, I just wanted to come in and say I know the feeling. Boston College had a great season, but in a one and done tournament, anything can happen. Keep your heads up!
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

That was interesting: some of the comments on the Score Updates thread referred to CC as the UNH of the west. Well, haha, very funny, as we've seen, anything can happen.
                              So, congrats to BC on a great season: Beanpot champs; HE regular season champs; HE playoff champ. I know it's a disappointment for a team and fanbase which are accustomed to winning; it wasn't in the cards.
                              "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
                              Larry David

Comment

Congrats to you guys and your team on a great season. Congrats to your seniors on fantastic careers. I expect our teams will clash again in years to come.
                                sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Working...
                                X