No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    Same newspaper that codled the Kennedys for years.....
    Well with BU, NU, Harvard, etc. out of the tournament who else are they going to write about?
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
      Well with BU, NU, Harvard, etc. out of the tournament who else are they going to write about?
      The point is, even when BU, NU and Harvard are IN the tournament they hardly get any coverage. Not to mention UMass, which is supposed to be the "State" University. I wonder if Michigan gets ignored by the Detroit Free Press, or Ohio State gets ignored by the Cleveland Plain Dealer...get it?

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
        The point is, even when BU, NU and Harvard are IN the tournament they hardly get any coverage. Not to mention UMass, which is supposed to be the "State" University. I wonder if Michigan gets ignored by the Detroit Free Press, or Ohio State gets ignored by the Cleveland Plain Dealer...get it?
        come on, BU hockey gets plenty of coverage in print and other media. UMass-Amherst is in a different state if you know what i mean and the other schools don't do D1 football or what ever the heck they call it now. BU basketball got plenty when they made the tourney, not during the year because they're not a major league like ACC ...........s'all i got to say

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
          I have to disagree with this statement. Merrimack definitely would have. If you took Merrimack's record and quality wins and replaced the name on the front of the jersey with BU, UNH, or Maine, you would not have made that statement. Regardless of past history, this years's Merrimack is a quality, quality team that can compete with anybody.
          I'm confused by this...what are you referring to?

Yeah, that's it. The Globe has more coverage of BC than all of the other schools in Massachusetts combined. "A special team?" They don't have to be "special" to warrant coverage - they just have to be BC.
          As someone else said, if BU was in and BC wasn't (2009)...my guess is BU got just as many articles as BC is getting now.

Comment

just was watching the HE final highlights on Hockeyeast's site (again) and had not noticed the guy with the Sioux hockey jersey whooping it up after Mack tied it at 3 in the third..............i suspect he was less jubilant the remainder of the game

Comment

Yeah, that's it. The Globe has more coverage of BC than all of the other schools in Massachusetts combined. "A special team?" They don't have to be "special" to warrant coverage - they just have to be BC.
              First of all the Globe hates BC.

Second of all you have your own website, BUSCHO, so I'd stop whining.
              BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
              National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
              Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                just was watching the HE final highlights on Hockeyeast's site (again) and had not noticed the guy with the Sioux hockey jersey whooping it up after Mack tied it at 3 in the third..............i suspect he was less jubilant the remainder of the game
                I think that was one of the UNH hillbillies that was too embarrassed to wear their jersey after Merrimack beat them the previous night. I could be mistaken. But obviously it wouldn't be a shock. Maybe one of them will chime in over here, several of them post here that were sitting down the front row where I thought I saw a Sioux jersey.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Every Beanpot/HE finals I see a couple in Souix jerseys must be posters.

Comment

BTW I find it absolutely hilarious to see the EZAC & WCHA fans complaining about our refs. Just wait till John "I need to be the center of attention" Gravellese is on.

There's no problem Bertanga!

Comment

[QUOTE=Eaglefan06;5098122]First of all the Globe hates BC.QUOTE] You're joking, right? It might as will be the Boston College Globe. Did you happen to see the cover of the sports page after they won the HE tournament! Headline and pic were only slightly smaller than when the Sox won the World Series
                      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                        You're joking, right? It might as will be the Boston College Globe. Did you happen to see the cover of the sports page after they won the HE tournament! Headline and pic were only slightly smaller than when the Sox won the World Series
                        I hope you guys are joking, the Globe from a non-sports angle, despises BC

Comment

Can't believe the team choked this bad. Definitely overlooked this team and was way too over confident. Thought York was better than that.

Onto to next year. Thanks Seniors for 4 great years save for this one game. Hopefully this embarrassment makes the guys with NHL hopes want to come back and prove they are better than this, but we will see.

Just a pathetic showing by everyone on the ice and the coaches. Not a single BC player deserves any kind of praise. Howe and Schultz deserve all the praise in the world. Sad ending to a promising year.
                          BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                          Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Also, can't believe we just pulled a UNH. Going to have to lay off them until we fix it (even though we have actually won titles). We probably even took their method of choking and doubled it.

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

BC looks horrible. Absolutely horrible. They look like a team playing its first game with an all-freshmen lineup. No one in white looks good tonight. Colorado College is scoring at will now. Never could I have imagined that BC would be this bad, esp. in the NCAAs.

What an atrocious ending to such a solid BC season. And the cupboard may be bare for a few years at The Heights after this one, what with graduation and some likely early pro signings.

Just a rotten night.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
                                Can't believe the team choked this bad. Definitely overlooked this team and was way too over confident. Thought York was better than that.

Onto to next year. Thanks Seniors for 4 great years save for this one game. Hopefully this embarrassment makes the guys with NHL hopes want to come back and prove they are better than this, but we will see.

Just a pathetic showing by everyone on the ice and the coaches. Not a single BC player deserves any kind of praise. Howe and Schultz deserve all the praise in the world. Sad ending to a promising year.
                                Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
                                Also, can't believe we just pulled a UNH. Going to have to lay off them until we fix it (even though we have actually won titles). We probably even took their method of choking and doubled it.
                                Originally posted by bcuafmsu2 View Post
                                BC looks horrible. Absolutely horrible. They look like a team playing its first game with an all-freshmen lineup. No one in white looks good tonight. Colorado College is scoring at will now. Never could I have imagined that BC would be this bad, esp. in the NCAAs.

What an atrocious ending to such a solid BC season. And the cupboard may be bare for a few years at The Heights after this one, what with graduation and some likely early pro signings.

Just a rotten night.
                                I hope they come back in the third and you guys eat crow.
                                You want to throw them under the bus like this... Why don't you go start a "Fire Jerry York" thread.
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X