No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    If we ever get to the point where conferences host (hopefully sooner rather than later), I wonder if there would still be a stipulation that one team from that league has to go to that site. I know that's not the case with the CCHA hosting in St. Louis, but maybe that could happen if we end up with only conferences hosting, rather than individual teams.

From what I understand, they don't want regionals at home rinks, but I'm not sure if that's in writing anywhere. Also, Worcester only wants Holy Cross to be the host.
    Manchester's Verizon Wireless Arena is at around 9,000 tickets sold, thanks in large part to Merrimack fans (although I'm sure BC fans would have bought the same number). It doesn't make sense to hold regionals at a school's site, 6,000 max seats, when the lowest attendnace they've ever had at a regional in Manchester was around 7500, IIRC.
    I haven't been on here in a year...
    Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

In a one and done format, you just never know. Sure it's cliche, but it's been proven in this tournament numerous times. I wouldn't be completely shocked if CC beat BC. A little surprised? Yes, but you just don't know how an individual game will unfold. All four #1 seeds look pretty **** good at the moment though...is this a year where they all advance?

Comment

"Paul Carey (who filled in for Kreider) will now play left wing on a line with Brownie (freshman Patrick Brown) in the middle and Kevin Hayes on the right side. (The line of Barry Almeida, Bill Arnold and Steve Whitney will remain intact and Ike MacLeod, Brooks Dyroff and T. Atkinson will sit in reserve.)
        I like it. Basically with Kreider back you have bolstered two lines with improvements. The 4th line is particularly better as you add Carey while dropping Dyroff (nice job in relief, kid). Brown has played well, seems to know the game well, but even so you have two very talented kids on the 4th line now in Hayes and Carey.

I expect to see this 4th line get rolled out a lot if they keep out of the box and get a nice flow to the game. Get all 4 lines rolling. It's going to benefit BC greatly.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

In a one and done format, you just never know. Sure it's cliche, but it's been proven in this tournament numerous times. I wouldn't be completely shocked if CC beat BC. A little surprised? Yes, but you just don't know how an individual game will unfold. All four #1 seeds look pretty **** good at the moment though...is this a year where they all advance?
          If it is going to happen, it's going to be a result of stupid penalties by BC and bad play from the bottom 3 defensemen. The latter is my big concern as I believe the team will smarten up. Although this is the time of the year when the coaching staff seemingly works magic with the defense and you get forwards chipping in greatly to the defensive side as well. We'll have to wait and see. CC is a dangerous team.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

those posts make for good reading , guys. we are where we wanted to be at this point with everyone healthy now let's get the job done

Comment

Oh my god, I love that 4th line:
              Carey - K. Hayes - Brown
              BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
              National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
              Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                If it is going to happen, it's going to be a result of stupid penalties by BC and bad play from the bottom 3 defensemen. The latter is my big concern as I believe the team will smarten up. Although this is the time of the year when the coaching staff seemingly works magic with the defense and you get forwards chipping in greatly to the defensive side as well. We'll have to wait and see. CC is a dangerous team.
                CC is young, but talented and fast. They, like BC, will roll four lines for the entire game no matter what the score is. (CC had their 4th line on the ice within the last few minutes of their one goal loss to North Dakota in the WCHA Final Five.) But they lack the experience and overall depth of BC. For CC to beat BC, the Tigers will have to play a nearly perfect game, while the Eagles will likely have to make a few mistakes and/or take a few ill advised penalties.

CC is a high risk, high reward type of team (sound familiar??), so they could lose 5-1 just as easily as they could win. I do think most of you will enjoy watching them play because in some ways, our teams are very similar.

Also, I was telling some fellow CC fans recently that I think this is an important step for the Tigers. It will be a great experience for a young team to play against a team who has been here and knows what it takes to win big games.
                Last edited by JW Tigers; 03-25-2011, 03:17 AM.
                Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
                -dggoddard

Comment

Johnny Muse is key tonight. It sounds like with CC's style of play, they will get chances regardless of how BC plays, so BC needs Muse to continue his post season dominance. Anxious to watch this game tonight.

Comment

The Boston Globe had an article yesterday on Brian Gibbons and one today on John Muse.

Is it me, or has the Globe had a lot more articles on BC hockey this year than in years past? Especially the game summaries. I have a feeling they knew this was going to be a special BC team and wanted to follow them closely since the beginning of the season. I remember the two game series at Denver had long articles.

Comment

I have to disagree with this statement. Merrimack definitely would have. If you took Merrimack's record and quality wins and replaced the name on the front of the jersey with BU, UNH, or Maine, you would not have made that statement. Regardless of past history, this years's Merrimack is a quality, quality team that can compete with anybody.
                      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                      BC - 12
                      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

I wouldn't be completely shocked if CC beat BC. A little surprised? Yes,
                        You shouldn't be surprised if BC loses. This is the NCAA's. You should be surprised if BC comes out and lays an egg like they did in the 2004 FF vs Maine.

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        If it is going to happen, it's going to be a result of stupid penalties by BC and bad play from the bottom 3 defensemen. The latter is my big concern as I believe the team will smarten up.
                        I agree that staying out of the box is a big key to this game. CC clicks on 22.5% of their PP's. (Although BC is almost 25%, wow). CC also averages three fewer PIMs per game than BC.

Quizmire's preview of this regional asks a good question: CC had a good run in the Final Five - will that spur them to greatness or is the tank empty?
                        Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                          You shouldn't be surprised if BC loses. This is the NCAA's. You should be surprised if BC comes out and lays an egg like they did in the 2004 FF vs Maine.

I agree that staying out of the box is a big key to this game. CC clicks on 22.5% of their PP's. (Although BC is almost 25%, wow). CC also averages three fewer PIMs per game than BC.

Quizmire's preview of this regional asks a good question: CC had a good run in the Final Five - will that spur them to greatness or is the tank empty?
                          Aot of that has to do with the refs. Hockey east is much tighter and different style refs vs CC's league.
                          I wouldn't be shocked if BC loses, dont expect them to blow them out. CC lost 18 games but has a ton of talent, especialy the Scwartz brothers.
                          Last edited by Hokydad; 03-25-2011, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            well, great news. he was on the list with cam, jimmy hayes, kreider and cross as most likely to leave. if we get 2 or 3 of the other 4 staying (i know, cam is gone) then we will have dodged a few bullets
                            Wow. Great great news. I thought he was a goner for sure.
                            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                            BC - 12
                            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                              I have a feeling they knew this was going to be a special BC team and wanted to follow them closely since the beginning of the season.
                              Yeah, that's it. The Globe has more coverage of BC than all of the other schools in Massachusetts combined. "A special team?" They don't have to be "special" to warrant coverage - they just have to be BC.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                Yeah, that's it. The Globe has more coverage of BC than all of the other schools in Massachusetts combined. "A special team?" They don't have to be "special" to warrant coverage - they just have to be BC.
                                Same newspaper that codled the Kennedys for years.....

Comment

Working...
                                X