No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Last year, the Xcel Energy Center hosted the Final Five and NCAA regionals in back to back weeks. Granted, the Twolves don't play there, but I think that's something that could be worked around for the occasional year the Garden hosted. Problem is, I just don't think they're interested in doing it. And really, I'm not in favor of NHL venues hosting these regionals anyway.
    I forgot about the Celtics. I imagine the Xcel would worry less about attendance numbers regardless of team than the TD Garden would. It is also possible that the Xcel regional was connected to the F4 this year. Selfishly, I'd love it if the TD Garden was a location some year.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Dumoulin staying for his junior year

http://www.mainesportsnetwork.com/20...taying-at.html
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
        Dumoulin staying for his junior year

http://www.mainesportsnetwork.com/20...taying-at.html
        well, great news. he was on the list with cam, jimmy hayes, kreider and cross as most likely to leave. if we get 2 or 3 of the other 4 staying (i know, cam is gone) then we will have dodged a few bullets

Comment

Great news, I don't think we're going to be hit as hard as people thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
            What's the point of a host anyway? Is it just the NCAA delegating the work of actually producing the event?
            Its about $$$$
            Unlike in hoops where the crowds will be great no matter what, the hockey regionals struggle to make $. The host school would probably be responsible for staffing/ops regardless (I know if unh didn't make it that would be the case), but with the ncaa, its all about $$

Comment

Originally posted by jamie9248922 View Post
              I think Gibbons, Muse, Whitney, lead a little differently (more by example), but just as effective. Its hard to question this senior class and anything they might say, as they have won everything, multiple times.
              You're right, it is. But do they have to take so many dumb penalties? BTW, Joe Whitney's completely clean check in the 3rd against Merrimack wasn't one of them. But, since an opponent fell to the ice, a penalty had to be called.

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                What is short-sighted about it, if it was the city of Worcester's decision? How does that negatively affect the city?
                Unless I'm not following the topic here... I think it would short-sighted if the city said no to BC hosting and yes only to Holy Cross hosting because let's be honest, that's some economic stimulation for bars, restaurants and what not in the area that they would be throwing away if they didn't host at all (vs. allowing BC to host there).
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                  Unless I'm not following the topic here... I think it would short-sighted if the city said no to BC hosting and yes only to Holy Cross hosting because let's be honest, that's some economic stimulation for bars, restaurants and what not in the area that they would be throwing away if they didn't host at all (vs. allowing BC to host there).
                  this

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                    Couldn't agree more.. is that really the case? I know HC has hosted the last couple of regionals there but is it true that the city makes the call?? That's absurd, $$-wise bc is a natural there. The city and the venue both suck, especially for hockey, but its an option....

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                      Couldn't agree more.. is that really the case? I know HC has hosted the last couple of regionals there but is it true that the city makes the call?? That's absurd, $$-wise bc is a natural there. The city and the venue both suck, especially for hockey, but its an option....
                      i believe the mayor said he would no longer allow BU to be the host. I'm not sure what he legally meant by that, but its been Holy Cross ever since.
                      โ€œUnless youโ€™re Boston College, you donโ€™t get here every year.โ€

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Mass Mutual Center in Springfield has been renovated and is really a fairly nice facility. Holds about 8K. I believe there's a minimum capacity requirement. Does anybody know what that is? Also, No one has mentioned Tsongas Arena in Lowell. I think that holds around 7K.
                        sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
                          Mass Mutual Center in Springfield has been renovated and is really a fairly nice facility. Holds about 8K. I believe there's a minimum capacity requirement. Does anybody know what that is? Also, No one has mentioned Tsongas Arena in Lowell. I think that holds around 7K.
                          I think it is owned by UML now. Either way it's a D-I home rink.
                          Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Maybe a BU fan could chime in here, but I have no reason to believe BU would simply stop hosting in Worcester unless this edict from the city of Worcester was true. I'm fairly certain I've seen it in print or talked about how they wanted Holy Cross to host. Now, if there's a falling out between the city and Holy Cross...they'd definitely come running to BU (we know Gene wouldn't give a crap).

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                              But the fact that Holy Cross is the host doesn't harm their bids one bit. They've gotten the regional every time. They aren't throwing away anything, just getting some extra exposure for the local school. No advantage to having an "outsider" school host. I really don't get why y'all think having BC be the host would somehow be an advantage for Worcester.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                              HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                              HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                                I was thinking, sheesh CC is a tough draw. Then I saw that they were 4 games over .500.
                                Well, if you look at the KRACH ratings, CC played a much tougher schedule than BC (6th in the country for CC vs. 26th for BC). CC's record includes wins against North Dakota, Denver twice, UNO, RPI (win and a tie), Duluth (win and a tie), also 3 wins in 5 games vs. Wisconsin, which ended up being the difference between which of them was in position to make the tourney. CC isn't going to roll over and die for BC.

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                                Having to go to St Louis is ridiculous. Since BC doesn't give a **** about hockey, the fans that set an attendance record this year are lucky to have this game on TV (and not have to watch on ESPN3). I know the team doesn't care but this is really ridiculous for the fanbase.
                                Welcome to our world. Out west, unless we host a regional, we never get to play near home. Count your blessings that of late you have at least three places (Bridgeport, Manchester, Worcester) within a couple of hours of Boston who regularly host regionals, so it gives BC at least a chance of playing near home more often than not. Plus BC played in Worcester last year, so Holy Cross being the host had no effect. Unfortunately, this is the way of things. It sucks, but it is reality. In 2002, CC played at Yost as a #1 seed against Michigan. In 2001 (IIRC), same story for Denver. The last time CC made the Frozen Four (2005), they were the overall #2 seed in the tournament and played in Grand Rapids against Michigan in their regional final. More than 1200 miles, which is about the same distance for BC this year. #1 seeds in basketball can end up far from home as well.
                                Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
                                -dggoddard

Comment

Working...
                                X