WCHA Final 5 (6) ((5)) - You Know (I Think) What I Mean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA Final 5 (6) ((5)) - You Know (I Think) What I Mean

North Dakota: Like South Dakota, but colder, windier, and with less natural beauty.

the state of hockey is good

Comment

*****http://www.collegehockeynews.com/images/action/1011/ndk-gregoire-cu-0313.jpg******

Jason Gregoire gives this thread two thumbs up!

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        Isn't the Ralph the only place in North Dakota that doesn't smell like beets or manure?

That would definitely explain why so many people go to the games.
        FWIW, the beet factory is in East Grand Forks, which is in Minnesota. The Ralph has a fantastic smell

Apparently many people here have not been west of Grand Forks. The western half of North Dakota has more natural beauty than the eastern half of the state. I'm not saying it's majestic by any means, but much nicer than the eastern half.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          Just because you don't have a car and have to ride the bus to get anywhere, doesn't mean the rest of us are world travelers for leaving the city limits.
          Interesting. I have been on an Anchorage bus once ... in the last 28 years. Try a bicycle sometime, nice mode of transport. Surprisingly, a trip across town that used to take me 15 minutes in a car only takes 30 on my Lotus. But then again I'm sure the trail system there in Fargo isn't quite as picturesque or extensive as here in Anchorage. Enjoying your $75 fill-ups and supporting people like Koch Bros. As for the amount of time I stay at home ... why would you expect that a thriving drug distributor would need to go many places? When you market a quality product people come to you. Sorry for the delay in response, I had to drive up to the bank, launder some funds and buy some cheese for my burgers.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            North Dakota: Like South Dakota, but colder, windier, and with less natural beauty.

Minnesota: The state those with balls left to go west for something better.
            Archibald MacLeish: "America is west and the wind blowing."

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              Apparently many people here have not been west of Grand Forks. The western half of North Dakota has more natural beauty than the eastern half of the state. I'm not saying it's majestic by any means, but much nicer than the eastern half.
              Yeah, I hear Jamestown is known as the "Paris" of North Dakota.

Comment

With all your drug money, you should hire a chauffeur.
                *****http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5360/smun20.jpg******
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post
                  You are ripping on the wrong fan about showing up, little girl. I missed a total of four games this season, which has been about normal for me aside from my time living in Boston. Actually, Those of us who post here were all at the game Sunday night, along with 5500 others. And again, I would love to be at the Final Five, but I unfortunately do not have the money to make the trip.

It's easy to be a Sioux fan with the success your program has had. Yeah, it takes real dedication to cheer for a perennial winner and championship contender. Of course there are so many of you.
                  Did you have your abacus with you to count the attendance? The World Arena holds 8,000 so it says. There is NO WAY there was 5500 plus you at that game! I was there you fool. So, either you weren't there OR you're perception of 5500 people is warped! So sad to hear you can't make the Final Five! Money huh? Well, for someone who's such an elite fan of CC hockey I would think that you would actually PLAN to attend it every year by saving! Yes, what an interesting concept! Just think, that way you're able to go if your beloved Tigers make it..and if they don't, you can spend it on ALL of these other amazing things you day that Colorado has to offer! Win-Win!
                  Wet-Dreams of College Hockey on the West Coast!

Comment

Originally posted by WestCoastSioux View Post
                    Did you have your abacus with you to count the attendance? The World Arena holds 8,000 so it says. There is NO WAY there was 5500 plus you at that game! I was there you fool. So, either you weren't there OR you're perception of 5500 people is warped! So sad to hear you can't make the Final Five! Money huh? Well, for someone who's such an elite fan of CC hockey I would think that you would actually PLAN to attend it every year by saving! Yes, what an interesting concept! Just think, that way you're able to go if your beloved Tigers make it..and if they don't, you can spend it on ALL of these other amazing things you day that Colorado has to offer! Win-Win!
                    Check the attendance numbers. Pretty simple.

Who are you to judge what I should use my money on? As high as the CC Tigers are on my list of priorities, life has many other priorities as well, and these all must be balanced. So enjoy your trip to St. Paul. I'll be cheering my Tigers on at home. If that makes me less dedicated than you, so be it.
                    Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
                    -dggoddard

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                      Isn't the Ralph the only place in North Dakota that doesn't smell like beets or manure?

That would definitely explain why so many people go to the games.
                      HEY, watch those comments about manure!
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Well of course you have other priorities. You're a CC fan, you have all sorts of other things to do!
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                          Yeah, I hear Jamestown is known as the "Paris" of North Dakota.
                          Jamestown is in the eastern half of North Dakota. Geography was tough wasn't it?
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by wall03 View Post
                            Can you tailgate between games in any of the lots?
                            Yes. My group has been attending the final 5 since it moved to the X and we have always tailgated. When you exit the X at the 7th street entrance, cross the street and take a left before the Eagle Street Grill. Go down the hill and take a right at the first block. There are several lots to choose from and my group uses the lot which is behind the Cossetta's catering building which is not the same as the Cossetta's on 7th but owned by the same people. Over the years we have gotten to know the owners and sometimes they invite us in the building for free food and to play some Bocce. They are serious about their Bocce as they have their own Bocce court. The usually reserve us the corner of the lot and we fly an SCSU flag every year. If you are under 21 it is your decision. I have never seen the police enter the lot but St Paul's finest can be vicious...DON'T J-WALK! Since I posted this I wouldn't be surprised to see the po-po enter the lot this year but since I'm of age, who cares. Good Luck!
                            Former record holder for the most Hairy Buffaloes consumed in 1 hour.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              Minnesota: The state those with balls left to go west for something better.
                              Yep. Earthquakes and volcanoes are clearly better.

Yes, Western North Dakota has beautiful places, I'm just saying that Western South Dakota has more.
                              Last edited by state of hockey; 03-16-2011, 09:10 AM.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                                Jamestown is in the eastern half of North Dakota. Geography was tough wasn't it?
                                What part of
                                Apparently many people here have not been west of Grand Forks.
                                did you forget you said? Is not the craphole named Jamestown west of Grand Forks?

Hilarious how much people from North Dakota will defend the state which is far and away the most frequent brunt of "state" jokes in North America. How about instead of telling everyone how the joint isn't so bad that you name a single state that has less to offer humanity than North Dakota?

Face it, the place is pretty overwhelmingly the absolute overall worst place within a set of state's borders on the continent. None of your defenses or the illogical emotional attachment you can express here will change anyone's opinion about the place. Wyoming has more to offer; Iowa too; even Michigan is a better place; N.D. can't touch Jersey; Mississippi may only be slightly better ... but the word "better" still applies.

Now, feel free respond with some inane list of all the positive qualities of the place which you can muster (we know you are dying to). It won't mean anything to anyone here that's busting the chops of the desolate windblown treeless plain on which you have the unfortunate fate to live. You have much to be proud of regarding your hockey team and it's history. Stick to that or gtfo.

Comment

Working...
                                X