Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA Final 5 (6) ((5)) - You Know (I Think) What I Mean

Originally posted by WestCoastSioux View Post
    Maybe DU, CC, and UAA will prove me wrong..but from the crappy home attendance they get I can't imagine their fans will travel.
    CC averages about 6700 per game, good for 6th in the NCAA, Denver averages about 5300, good for 12th. These numbers have been consistent for years. You are correct that they don't travel well, but you might want to check your facts before you make a stupid statement about their home attendance.

Personally, I LOVE the fact that we have a Final Five with neither big ten school. Kind of refreshing.
    Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
    -dggoddard

Comment

There will be plenty of Gopher fans at the games.

I think Duluth/BSU could be an excellent game. UAA/CC does not excite me however.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

UAA will bring all of their empty seats from Sullivan Arena with them to their game.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post
          CC averages about 6700 per game, good for 6th in the NCAA, Denver averages about 5300, good for 12th. These numbers have been consistent for years. You are correct that they don't travel well, but you might want to check your facts before you make a stupid statement about their home attendance.

Personally, I LOVE the fact that we have a Final Five with neither big ten school. Kind of refreshing.
          Might as well do a test run for a couple of years from now when the BTHC is up and running.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            Might as well do a test run for a couple of years from now when the BTHC is up and running.
            What's even more of a travesty that SCSU, the rodents, and Bucky not being there is that Wally the Beer man might not be there as well. He goes to court today!
            There is Hope . . .

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
              That worked out well for DU in last year's F5.
              With all due respect, this is not last year...

Congrats to BSU, for whatever reason the Beavers sure had UNO's number this year. Bakala had career games. I think UNO could have done some damage in St. Paul, but just could not solve BSU this season.

You can bet the BSU and UMD will get plenty of fan support. In any game that UND plays there will not be a neutral fan in the building. They will either be a UND fanatic or a rabid fan for the opposing team.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                With all due respect, this is not last year...
                Correct. UND is better than DU this year.
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Looks like fantastic weather this year, instead of freezing cold and snow.

Thursday: 50 (rain 50%)
                  Friday: 42 (partly sunny)
                  Saturday: 46 (partly sunny)
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                    There will be plenty of Gopher fans at the games.

I think Duluth/BSU could be an excellent game. UAA/CC does not excite me however.
                    I think that you guys should cheer for CC since UAA eliminated you.

Comment

The true hockey fans will be there, regardless the fact that U of M TC and Wisco will not be there. Most Wisconsin fans, and some gopher fans are actually also college hockey fans.

It will be nice to see UAAs empty seats, CCs big crowd, and no one showing that they know how to spell the name of our state.
                      Bob is making me concerned
                      I am the voice of reason

Comment

I'm not cheering for anyone. Just want to see some good hockey.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                          The true hockey fans will be there, regardless the fact that U of M TC and Wisco will not be there. Most Wisconsin fans, and some gopher fans are actually also college hockey fans.

It will be nice to see UAAs empty seats, CCs big crowd, and no one showing that they know how to spell the name of our state.
                          If Biddco mans up and skips his teaching, he'll be there spelling M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A-D-U-L-U-T-H.
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I can't wait to hear the conference call tomorrow.

And if you're a die-hard Gopher fan or Badger fan, you're cheering for an arena collapse. That's it.
                            Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                              If Biddco mans up and skips his teaching, he'll be there spelling M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A-D-U-L-U-T-H.
                              he can get past the first N?
                              Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

I will be there at the F5 along with a few other Gopher fans that are still going. We are hoping UAA wins it all.

Go Seawolves!
                                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X