• D-III Women's Ice Hockey Championships Awarded To RIT

As expected,

http://ritathletics.com/news/2011/3/...313115307.aspx
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: D-III Women's Ice Hockey Championships Awarded To RIT

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Despite early posted schedule from last week for which timeslots each bracket would play, Midd website now reports a 7pm game for Midd-RIT (rather than the previous 3:30 slot which now appears to go to the Gusties-Norwich). Can't get the student fanbase to shake out for a 3:30p game, I guess.
    "The great State of Vermont will not apologize for its cheese!"
    -- Thank You For Smoking

Comment

Originally posted by Phil D. Stands View Post
      Can't get the student fanbase to shake out for a 3:30p game, I guess.
      The men's team is playing in their conference semifinal downtown at 3, so attendance would have been abysmal.
      RIT Tigers

Comment

Despite early posted schedule from last week for which timeslots each bracket would play, Midd website now reports a 7pm game for Midd-RIT (rather than the previous 3:30 slot which now appears to go to the Gusties-Norwich). Can't get the student fanbase to shake out for a 3:30p game, I guess.
        Advantage Middlebury...now they won't have to play two periods with the sun in their eyes.

Wonder how they determine which team, the Gusties or Norwich take which end of the rink for two periods in the afternoon game?

Comment

Originally posted by jgRIT View Post
          The men's team is playing in their conference semifinal downtown at 3, so attendance would have been abysmal.
          You say that like it's a bad thing.

The announcer yesterday described a distracting blob of orange and white bobbing up and down in the corner which induced vertigo in RIT's opponents on the ice.

I am sure the "pre-game" for the 7pm slot would be epic and they will have to provide a breathalyzer at the door. I just thought the student body had classes or sleeping to do that forbid a 3:30 start -- wow. Must be great to be Tigers on the March at home.
          -- Thank You For Smoking

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
            Advantage Middlebury...now they won't have to play two periods with the sun in their eyes.

Wonder how they determine which team, the Gusties or Norwich take which end of the rink for two periods in the afternoon game?
            Easy Gusties -- defend the west; Cadets -- defend East (I hear they are bringing their boom cannon)
            -- Thank You For Smoking

Comment

Easy Gusties -- defend the west; Cadets -- defend East (I hear they are bringing their boom cannon)
              If we brought the cannon, everyone in Rochester would hear the thing.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by jgRIT View Post
                How about some pub and grub recommendations for around town in Rocha-cha-cha?
                -- Thank You For Smoking

Comment

Whichever team is the higher overall seed.

My guess is Norwich is a higher seed. But I could be wrong.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

You say that like it's a bad thing.
                    Lack of attendance is always a bad thing. Who wants a snoozefest of a crowd at a national semifinal?

Also, the men's game downtown is at 4, isn't it?

Powers &8^]

Comment

How about some pub and grub recommendations for around town in Rocha-cha-cha?
                      Ate at i believe is called mcgregors on the strip a little over a mile from the rink last time i was down....decent food and literally over a hundred draft beers to choose from

Comment

Just put on your purple and gold sunglasses on to fix the problem.

Besides, RIT actually faces the window twice. Doesn't seem to bother them
                        RIT TIGERS
                        2007-08 AHA Pick'em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Fan View Post
                          Just put on your purple and gold sunglasses on to fix the problem.

Besides, RIT actually faces the window twice. Doesn't seem to bother them
                          I call bull****.

Played afternoon games there a few times and faced the "Window" twice on each occasion.

Comment

MacGregor's is great for their beer selection and they have decent food (and great proximity to campus, though that can make it quite busy on a weekend).

www.rocwiki.org is a great resource for finding restaurants in the area.

Comment

We do a lot of interesting things at RIT, but we still haven't managed to figure out how to get the sun to shine into the north side of a building!
                              -M

Comment

Working...
                              X