PDA

View Full Version : NCAA National Semifinal: Adrian vs. Oswego

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Ozz
03-13-2011, 07:21 AM
After achieving their first ever NCAA victory, can the Bulldog seniors and company continue to add to their legacy against Oswego?

Discuss...

DIIIFan
03-13-2011, 08:38 AM
Just by playing in the semi's they are adding to their accomplishments.
Oswego '89

OSU2010
03-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Food for Thought

Win %
Adrian 0.8750-------Oswego 0.8519

SOS (pre-playoffs)
Adrian 0.4750-------Oswego 0.5298

Team Offense
Adrian 5.04-------Oswego 4.22

Team Defense
Adrian 2.14-------Oswego 1.96

Goaltender
Adrian- Brad Fogal, 0.924-------Oswego- Paul Beckwith, 0.929

PIM
Adrian 22.61-------Oswego 14.00

PP
Adrian 29.73%-------Oswego 25.17

PK
Adrian 89.3-------Oswego 85.5

Adrian has 14 players over 10 points, of those 7 players over 20 points, of those 5 points over 30 points, and of those 2 players over 40 points.

Oswego has 12 players over 10 points, of those 6 players over 20 points, of those 3 players over 30 points.

LakerFan99
03-13-2011, 10:51 AM
This is going to be a great matchup. Adrian was a big, physical team when they came to the Campus Center last year...and they are better this season.

mjbeckman
03-13-2011, 12:56 PM
So who is flying out west for this? I am going and bringing the in laws who live out there.

AC Bulldog
03-13-2011, 01:08 PM
As an Adrian College fan, who has been following this team for four years, we are all smiles today. It has been such a wonderful experience to see these young men come together and light a fire on this campus and in this community. Last night's game was such a different experience for us in Adrian because we usually don't have many fans here from the visiting team. There was just so much energy in the arena last night. We would love to have that for all our games.

As far as the semi finals go, who knows. At this level and at this point in time all four teams are at the top of their game and one little break here or there or one mistake here or there and anybody could win.

We don't know how the other three schools and fans feel but we are sure enjoying the ride here in Adrian. It's been fun, and it's not done yet.

Thank you Bulldogs for what you have brought to this community.

GO DOGS

bakdraft21
03-13-2011, 01:33 PM
As an Adrian College fan, who has been following this team for four years, we are all smiles today. It has been such a wonderful experience to see these young men come together and light a fire on this campus and in this community. Last night's game was such a different experience for us in Adrian because we usually don't have many fans here from the visiting team. There was just so much energy in the arena last night. We would love to have that for all our games.

As far as the semi finals go, who knows. At this level and at this point in time all four teams are at the top of their game and one little break here or there or one mistake here or there and anybody could win.

We don't know how the other three schools and fans feel but we are sure enjoying the ride here in Adrian. It's been fun, and it's not done yet.

Thank you Bulldogs for what you have brought to this community.

GO DOGS

young men, I count 15 or so over 24yo and older:eek:..... wowI hope they dont play the game to late at night it may be nap time...lol..........congrats and LETS GET IT ON !!!!!

AC Bulldog
03-13-2011, 02:20 PM
That's why they gave us the early game time on that Friday. Although it will cause some problems with those early senior dinner specials when they go out to eat later.

PSUChamps2001
03-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Can not wait for this match up. I really want to lean Oswego's way, but with Adrian being the only "0-fer" Championship team makes it hard. Either way, I hope the NCAA Championship comes out of this match up!!

OZFEST
03-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Time to gloat with post # 1001..........

FEELING MINNESOTA!

Lets go Lakers!

GoBullDogsGo
03-13-2011, 05:50 PM
How does the NCAA decide which officials are chosen to work the Frozen Four weekend? Is it a geographical thing to keep costs down, is there actually some sort of ranking/rating their capabilities by NCAA Officiating supervisors or is it just "let's draw names out of the hat & roll the dice)"?

Ideally, you hope that these games are decided by the players on the ice and no one even notices the officials.

bigmrg74
03-13-2011, 06:46 PM
Just by playing in the semi's they are adding to their accomplishments.
Oswego '89
Yeah, but one doesn't bust their collective humps for 4 years just to get to the Frozen Four.

sacole13
03-13-2011, 07:13 PM
Go Lakers!

The Real Georgia Peach
03-13-2011, 08:08 PM
If I was Oswego I would be concerned as to why they gave up 5 goals to Bowdoin.

VT bragging rights
03-13-2011, 09:34 PM
How does the NCAA decide which officials are chosen to work the Frozen Four weekend?
This year the Platty USCHO fans get to decide!!!!

nysportsfan29
03-13-2011, 09:35 PM

If I was Norwich I would be concerned that it took a controversial penalty to secure a trip to Minnesota :p

The Real Georgia Peach
03-13-2011, 10:25 PM
That may be so, but if your defense, or goalie is prone to give up these numbers of goals, they will be hard pressed to get past the likes of Adrian, to say nothing about getting to play the "controversial" winner of the Platts/Norwich game...

mdmadison
03-13-2011, 10:25 PM

Why should they worry, Bowdoin was a very talented scoring team, according to many on this forum, and they took advantage of scoring chances. So Beckwith gave up 2 goals, he's looked worse and I for one am not concerned about him. I do worry about the defensive part of Oswego and why Gosek would put HVB back in when he kept him out of the Fredonia game.,The D seem to always allow someone around the net who has his stick on the ice and receives a perfect pass from one of his teammates. I'm sure Oswego will resolve their issues

norm1909
03-13-2011, 10:27 PM
How does the NCAA decide which officials are chosen to work the Frozen Four weekend?
This year the Platty USCHO fans get to decide!!!!

They are sending four, Mike St Louis, Mike Baker, Robert Tisi and James Doyle.

Opps, I have been informed they have changed it to five, the three Mikey's - Mike St Louis, Mike Baker, Mike Jones along with Robert Tisi and James Doyle.

AC09
03-13-2011, 10:29 PM
The Bulldogs need to stick to their game and stay disciplined, keeping out of the box. And if they do find themselves there, let's hope that stifling PK unit rises to the challenge!

All in all, this should be a good match-up. It could definitely go either way. Personally, I'm hoping for an outcome different from their last meeting:eek:

Reaching the semifinals (frostbitten four:p?) is just another accomplishment to add to the long list compiled by these players and coaches and this program. Hopefully they can add another one or two before this March is up ;)