Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA National Semifinal: Adrian vs. Oswego

Originally posted by lakerfan View Post
    The Press Box sports bar here in Oswego is reporting on Facebook that they will have the game on TV. I am there!!! Go Lakers!!!!!
    The game isn't on TV. They'll be streaming it like Greene's.

Comment

Originally posted by lakerfan View Post
      The Press Box sports bar here in Oswego is reporting on Facebook that they will have the game on TV. I am there!!! Go Lakers!!!!!
      If I was in Oswego, that'd be a tough choice, P-Box or Greene's for the game? Can't go wrong either way.

Comment

Originally posted by jabber811 View Post
        Yes, we will be. I'm just trying to figure out how to hook up a gaming system to the big screen instead of a laptop.
        Is this for real!! Has Electronic Arts finally brought NCAA Division III hockey to the Xbox and Play Station
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Yeah that's what I meant.....game will be streamed onto their tv's. can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
            Is this for real!! Has Electronic Arts finally brought NCAA Division III hockey to the Xbox and Play Station
            What's an Electronic Art? The last game system I had was Atari 2600. Does anybody even play Burger Time anymore?
            2005-6 ECAC E/NESCAC Last Person Standing Champion
            2006-7 SUNYAC PICK 'EM Champion

OSWEGO STATE GREAT LAKERS
            2006-7 DIII NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

www.greenesalehouse.com

Comment

What's an Electronic Art? The last game system I had was Atari 2600. Does anybody even play Burger Time anymore?
              Heck yes, for $7 they can get the par 3 Greene's Burger Though Chicken Wings are more en vogue
              Larry Normandin
              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Yes, we will be. I'm just trying to figure out how to hook up a gaming system to the big screen instead of a laptop.
                Just curious.What's your game system? I assume you can connect to the internet and access the live stream with it? Otherwise, any decent laptop with a VGA connector should connect to the TV and work fine. Of course, that's as long as your TV has a VGA connector. If not, you would need a VGA to HDMI adapter.

Comment

• Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
                  Just curious.What's your game system? I assume you can connect to the internet and access the live stream with it? Otherwise, any decent laptop with a VGA connector should connect to the TV and work fine. Of course, that's as long as your TV has a VGA connector. If not, you would need a VGA to HDMI adapter.
                  Most newer laptops these days have HDMI ports already. That's how I watched all four games at once on my 55" flat screen last weekend.
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                    Most newer laptops these days have HDMI ports already. That's how I watched all four games at once on my 55" flat screen last weekend.
                    I wouldn't say "most". True, most high end laptops have HDMI ports. My laptop is about a year old, but it's not top of the line. It has a VGA output and it works with my TV just fine. All you need is a standard monitor cable. Now, if the NCAA were streaming these games in HD, that's a different story!

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
                      I wouldn't say "most". True, most high end laptops have HDMI ports. My laptop is about a year old, but it's not top of the line. It has a VGA output and it works with my TV just fine. All you need is a standard monitor cable. Now, if the NCAA were streaming these games in HD, that's a different story!
                      The production truck scheduled is HD, but the output is likely being down converted for the stream... I doubt the ncaa would pay the bandwidth bill for an HD stream for D3 Hockey...

On a related topic - has anyone used the MMOD app for iPad to watch the basketball tournament? It is very slick - and the stream looks to be hd....now THAT is something the ncaa should put in place for all sports now that the app is built...
                      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                        The production truck scheduled is HD, but the output is likely being down converted for the stream... I doubt the ncaa would pay the bandwidth bill for an HD stream for D3 Hockey...

On a related topic - has anyone used the MMOD app for iPad to watch the basketball tournament? It is very slick - and the stream looks to be hd....now THAT is something the ncaa should put in place for all sports now that the app is built...
                        The stream that they had for the Women's Semis yesterday was pretty darn good. Nice resolution, good camera work. The PxB guy was not all that great, but during the NU game I synched the audio up with WDEV as best I could (and was surprised that the role of Jon Noyes was played by our own Prez).
                        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post

No iPad here, but the games still look good on the iPhone. If you hold the phone REALLY close to your face, it looks like you're watching a big screen!!

Comment

Props to the ncaa.com video crew. nice resolution on the womens games. only complaint was no video relays of the goals. I'll watch there video this coming weekend. wdev was only about 1-2 seconds behind the video...not bad.
                            Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Maybe we need a thread to discuss the NCAA's coverage of the FF?
                              Adrian College Bulldogs!
                              MCHA Champs & Harris Cup Champions: 2008, '09, '10, '11
                              NCAA Tournament: 2010, '11

AC '09

Comment

Originally posted by AC09 View Post
                                Maybe we need a thread to discuss the NCAA's coverage of the FF?
                                The NCAA is busy elsewhere.

See you in Minny

Comment

Working...
                                X