Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA National Semifinal: Adrian vs. Oswego

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    The NCAA will be sending Jones out for you...not to reff but because they fear for his safety back East...
    With his experience at last year's final (taking a deflected slapper to the shnoz), he would probably be safer staying home in the East!
    Dave
    RIT - '90

Comment

Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
      With his experience at last year's final (taking a deflected slapper to the shnoz), he would probably be safer staying home in the East!
      ow man was that him at Norwich getting blasted in the snotlocker??? he did come back to finish......

Comment

These were the refs @ the Finals last year in Lake Placid. Yes Mike Jones was there.

Referee(s): Dave Marcotte, Mike Jones
        Asst. Referee(s): Drew White

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/box/#ixzz1GswhkvvJ

Comment

Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
          They got better tasting as the morning got on.
          Oswego '89
          ...and by 11am all the girls in the bar magically started looking like Pamela Anderson and Heather Locklear....
          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
            That's what CSTV *used* to cover. Now that they're CBS College Sports, this time of year they seem to have transitioned to all March Madness, all the time. They're just airing and re-airing bracket shows all day.

The odd thing is that on both semi and final days, instead of airing a D3 game live, they are airing repeats of a D1 conference championship.

It's too bad. They at least aired the title game last year. Then again...those TV timeouts were pretty brutal
            I still say the The OCHO would really work if they focused on nothing but minor leagues and college sports at the D2 or D3 level. Whatever is on the Flagship and Me2, nothing on it.
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
              ...and by 11am all the girls in the bar magically started looking like Pamela Anderson and Heather Locklear....
              well everyday was pretty much St Pats day in the land of Oz for me........

Comment

What really defined the experience was who you woke up with....not whom you took home.... ;-)
                Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

I don't think you could ask for a better match up than this one. On one side you have an Oswego State team that is loaded with transfers that came here to win a National Championship and this is there last shot. Last year they dominated the regular season, dominated the SUNYAC playoffs and dismantled Bowdoin before ultimately falling just short of making the final. They will be looking to avenge that loss and will be putting it all on the line to do so.

On the other side you have an Adrian team full of Seniors who went their looking to take a new program from the ground floor all the way to the penthouse before they were done and like Oswego's transfers this is their last shot. They have struggled to prove their legitimacy over the last three seasons and if beating Elmira didn't do that beating Oswego will.

You also have two of the most potent offenses in Division III although Oswego's hasn't shown up as often as it did last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
                    I don't think you could ask for a better match up than this one. On one side you have an Oswego State team that is loaded with transfers that came here to win a National Championship and this is there last shot. Last year they dominated the regular season, dominated the SUNYAC playoffs and dismantled Bowdoin before ultimately falling just short of making the final. They will be looking to avenge that loss and will be putting it all on the line to do so.

On the other side you have an Adrian team full of Seniors who went their looking to take a new program from the ground floor all the way to the penthouse before they were done and like Oswego's transfers this is their last shot. They have struggled to prove their legitimacy over the last three seasons and if beating Elmira didn't do that beating Oswego will.

You also have two of the most potent offenses in Division III although Oswego's hasn't shown up as often as it did last year.
                    I think we ALL knew the dogs were legit b4 they played elmira, beating them handly was just the iceing on the cake , Oz just has to stop them from eating the cake.......will be a barnburner, no Selleck pun intended......

Comment

• Re: NCAA National Semifinal: Adrian vs. Oswego

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
                      Does anyone know if Greene's will be showing the games?
                      Yes, we will be. I'm just trying to figure out how to hook up a gaming system to the big screen instead of a laptop.
                      2005-6 ECAC E/NESCAC Last Person Standing Champion
                      2006-7 SUNYAC PICK 'EM Champion

OSWEGO STATE GREAT LAKERS
                      2006-7 DIII NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

www.greenesalehouse.com

Comment

Originally posted by jabber811 View Post
                        Yes, we will be. I'm just trying to figure out how to hook up a gaming system to the big screen instead of a laptop.
                        ......jabber.......make sure you have lots of Kleenex for the patrons.

Comment

Originally posted by jabber811 View Post
                          There are a couple guys at WTOP that can help you with that.....
                          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                            ......jabber.......make sure you have lots of Kleenex for the patrons.
                            I'm sure there will be many tears of joy in oz :-P
                            http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

The Press Box sports bar here in Oswego is reporting on Facebook that they will have the game on TV. I am there!!! Go Lakers!!!!!

Comment

don't forget to turn down your TV/computer and turn up WNYO!
                                WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X