PDA

View Full Version : NCAA National Semifinal: Adrian vs. Oswego

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

LakerEagleLover
03-17-2011, 08:20 AM
Confirming what we already feared....SHAME on CBS College Sports...SHAME!

Catch NCAA Division III Semifinal Men's Ice Hockey Action On The Internet

Adele Burk, Sports Information Director
3/17/2011 9:05:41 AM

For those unable to make the trip to Minneapolis for the NCAA Division III Men's Ice Hockey Semifinal between Oswego State and Adrian on Friday, March 25 at 4:30 p.m. ET, there are several ways in which fans can catch the action. The game will be webcast at ncaa.com/video, but a link to the game will not appear until March 25. SUNY Oswego student-operated WNYO 88.9 FM will also be broadcasting all of the Laker games in Minneapolis. Fans can listen to the game at www.wnyosports.com.

The championship game will also be webcast at this site on Saturday, March 26 at 8 p.m. ET. None of the Division III Men's Ice Hockey Championship games will be televised.

Russell Jaslow
03-17-2011, 08:49 AM
Agreed, But the TV timeouts stopped when the game went into OT

That's the way it is in the NHL, too. Always has been. Even when the games are on NBC.

GoBullDogsGo
03-17-2011, 08:56 AM
In the game against Elmira, Quinn Waller (5'11") was retreating backwards while closing down the lane.
When the oncoming smaller forward cut to try to beat him to the middle....Waller anticipated, turned, faced and caved him in with one of best open ice hits you'll ever see. McSweeney called Waller for charging......and polled the other referees to see if they felt 5min was warranted. The smaller forward got up quickly like good players do when they get smoked cleanly.

I agree. That was the weirdest call I have ever seen. McSweeney got embarrassed when he polled the other 2 officials and they told him it should not have even been a penalty. I am hoping he won't be asked to officiate any of the games in Minneapolis. That should be reserved for the best officials that the NCAA has. I think most fans hope for a great game that no one even notices the guys in the striped shirts.

See you all in Minny!

Russell Jaslow
03-17-2011, 08:59 AM
What does CSTV cover these days? It not in my cable package, but I thought was that it was to be a channel that covered college sports that weren't given coverage on the "major" networks (the ones that cover pro sports and pro-college (DI) sports). It seems like there's nobody who covers amateur college sports any more.

I was just reading the women's board. The Division I Women's championship game is also no longer being broadcast by CBS College Sports.

You're right -- just what the h*ll does CBS College Sports cover these days?

(That was a rhetorical question.)

PSUChamps2001
03-17-2011, 09:57 AM
I agree. That was the weirdest call I have ever seen. McSweeney got embarrassed when he polled the other 2 officials and they told him it should not have even been a penalty. I am hoping he won't be asked to officiate any of the games in Minneapolis. That should be reserved for the best officials that the NCAA has. I think most fans hope for a great game that no one even notices the guys in the striped shirts.

See you all in Minny!
The NCAA will be sending Jones out for you...not to reff but because they fear for his safety back East...

norm1909
03-17-2011, 10:13 AM
The NCAA will be sending Jones out for you...not to reff but because they fear for his safety back East...

As noted, they are sending Jones:

...they are sending five, the three Mikey's - Mike St Louis, Mike Baker, Mike Jones along with Robert Tisi and James Doyle. :p ;)

Minnesota's rendering plants have been put on alert for an increase in dead horses :o

CardsFan91
03-17-2011, 10:25 AM
the ncaa will be sending jones out for you...not to reff but because they fear for his safety back east...

:)

DIIIFan
03-17-2011, 10:28 AM
It's 8:42 AM Oswego fan, how does that 5 cent green beer from Bucklands tasting? :D

HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY!

They got better tasting as the morning got on.
Oswego '89

LakerFan99
03-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Does anyone know if Greene's will be showing the games?

If they do, they'll have to project a webstream onto a screen...and if they do the place will be packed!

bakdraft21
03-17-2011, 11:04 AM
It's 8:42 AM Oswego fan, how does that 5 cent green beer from Bucklands tasting? :D

HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY!

Bucklands .....YOU WISH

Transplanted Tiger Fan
03-17-2011, 11:52 AM
With his experience at last year's final (taking a deflected slapper to the shnoz), he would probably be safer staying home in the East! :eek:

bakdraft21
03-17-2011, 12:15 PM
With his experience at last year's final (taking a deflected slapper to the shnoz), he would probably be safer staying home in the East! :eek:

ow man was that him at Norwich getting blasted in the snotlocker??? he did come back to finish......

VT bragging rights
03-17-2011, 02:10 PM
These were the refs @ the Finals last year in Lake Placid. Yes Mike Jones was there.

Referee(s): Dave Marcotte, Mike Jones
Asst. Referee(s): Drew White

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/box/#ixzz1GswhkvvJ

LakerEagleLover
03-17-2011, 03:46 PM
They got better tasting as the morning got on.
Oswego '89...and by 11am all the girls in the bar magically started looking like Pamela Anderson and Heather Locklear....

bigmrg74
03-17-2011, 05:18 PM
That's what CSTV *used* to cover. Now that they're CBS College Sports, this time of year they seem to have transitioned to all March Madness, all the time. They're just airing and re-airing bracket shows all day.

The odd thing is that on both semi and final days, instead of airing a D3 game live, they are airing repeats of a D1 conference championship.

It's too bad. They at least aired the title game last year. Then again...those TV timeouts were pretty brutal ;)I still say the The OCHO would really work if they focused on nothing but minor leagues and college sports at the D2 or D3 level. Whatever is on the Flagship and Me2, nothing on it.

bakdraft21
03-17-2011, 07:21 PM
...and by 11am all the girls in the bar magically started looking like Pamela Anderson and Heather Locklear....

well everyday was pretty much St Pats day in the land of Oz for me........

The Real Georgia Peach
03-17-2011, 10:28 PM
What really defined the experience was who you woke up with....not whom you took home.... ;-)

Laker28
03-18-2011, 10:05 AM
I don't think you could ask for a better match up than this one. On one side you have an Oswego State team that is loaded with transfers that came here to win a National Championship and this is there last shot. Last year they dominated the regular season, dominated the SUNYAC playoffs and dismantled Bowdoin before ultimately falling just short of making the final. They will be looking to avenge that loss and will be putting it all on the line to do so.

On the other side you have an Adrian team full of Seniors who went their looking to take a new program from the ground floor all the way to the penthouse before they were done and like Oswego's transfers this is their last shot. They have struggled to prove their legitimacy over the last three seasons and if beating Elmira didn't do that beating Oswego will.

You also have two of the most potent offenses in Division III although Oswego's hasn't shown up as often as it did last year.

bakdraft21
03-18-2011, 10:35 AM
I don't think you could ask for a better match up than this one. On one side you have an Oswego State team that is loaded with transfers that came here to win a National Championship and this is there last shot. Last year they dominated the regular season, dominated the SUNYAC playoffs and dismantled Bowdoin before ultimately falling just short of making the final. They will be looking to avenge that loss and will be putting it all on the line to do so.

On the other side you have an Adrian team full of Seniors who went their looking to take a new program from the ground floor all the way to the penthouse before they were done and like Oswego's transfers this is their last shot. They have struggled to prove their legitimacy over the last three seasons and if beating Elmira didn't do that beating Oswego will.

You also have two of the most potent offenses in Division III although Oswego's hasn't shown up as often as it did last year.

I think we ALL knew the dogs were legit b4 they played elmira, beating them handly was just the iceing on the cake , Oz just has to stop them from eating the cake.......will be a barnburner, no Selleck pun intended......

jabber811
03-18-2011, 02:06 PM
Does anyone know if Greene's will be showing the games? Yes, we will be. I'm just trying to figure out how to hook up a gaming system to the big screen instead of a laptop.