NCAA National Semifinal: Adrian vs. Oswego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA National Semifinal: Adrian vs. Oswego

I hope the Lakers from last years team learned from playing of the bigger rink in Placid. That game they looked confused bythe bigger rink and I think it threw them off their game. Does anyone know yet if the game will be online?
    Good luck to all the teams but GO LAKERS.
    If the Lakers win again will the AD bring back the Great Lakers??
    Kind of wished that Platty and Oswego made it to the final game. I don't know of a bigger rival and it would have been another great game in the Oswego/Platty history. I don't know if anyother conference has had 2 teams in the same finals.
    Oswego '89

Comment

Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
      I hope the Lakers from last years team learned from playing of the bigger rink in Placid. That game they looked confused bythe bigger rink and I think it threw them off their game. Does anyone know yet if the game will be online?
      Kind of wished that Platty and Oswego made it to the final game. I don't know of a bigger rival and it would have been another great game in the Oswego/Platty history. I don't know if anyother conference has had 2 teams in the same finals.
      Oswego '89
      this rink size from what other posters wrote is the same size as the Oz rink and the bulldog rink so rink size will not be a factor....as for road games I think Oz only lost the 1 to Hobart in the cooler a very very hard place to play for the road team.....they are a excellent road team this yr with wins at Platts, elmira,genneseo,utica,etc.......lets hope that keeps up.......
      Last edited by bakdraft21; 03-16-2011, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AC09 View Post
        BTW, what is a Laker?? Curious, because I have been a Laker before and our mascot was a sea monster
        At my undergraduate institution a Laker was a party at the nearby (state, I think ) park that just happens to have a lake. Someone would supply a keg. What, you might ask, was the difference between a Laker and a Kegger? You don't need a lake at a Kegger!
        2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
        2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
        2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
        2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
        2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
        2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
        2009 D-III TOP runner-up
        Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
        1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Oswego '89
          I was hoping for three NY teams in the FF but oh well its a good group regardless

The AD is missing the proverbial marketing boat by not using the Great Laker moniker.

We need to ditch the stupid L flag as well.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
            I was hoping for three NY teams in the FF but oh well its a good group regardless

The AD is missing the proverbial marketing boat by not using the Great Laker moniker.

We need to ditch the stupid L flag as well.
            There's that bouncyball team out in LA that's pretty protective of the Laker name, even thought they really only have that name because they never bothered to change the name when they moved from Minnesota. I do know Grand Valley State has had some problems with them.
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Oswego '89
              Yes, from what bakdraft21 said, the ice at Ritter is the same as the campus center ice. I agree, I think the bigger ice hurt them last year also. Adrian actually plays on a bigger rink at home. We'll see how that affects them, if at all.

NCAA.com will stream all the games. It looks like the title game will not be televised as in previous years.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
                Adrian actually plays on a bigger rink at home.
                The ice in Adrian is 200x85.
                I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Yes, from what bakdraft21 said, the ice at Ritter is the same as the campus center ice. I agree, I think the bigger ice hurt them last year also. Adrian actually plays on a bigger rink at home. We'll see how that affects them, if at all.

NCAA.com will stream all the games. It looks like the title game will not be televised as in previous years.
                  It is all RIT's fault, though Ridder is close in sound to Ritter
                  Last edited by norm1909; 03-16-2011, 03:38 PM.
                  Larry Normandin
                  SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                  WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Adrian posters have already confirmed their rink is same as CC and MPS.... CBS College Sports has a gaping hole in their schedule for the Friday night championship slot.... I know I confirmed once already they are carrying the final....looking to find it again while riding a train is challenging....will report back

EDIT - NCAA master tv schedule for all sports has the finals on NCAA.com...aaarrrggghhhh....checking with the tv facilities company that worked the game last yr to find out more if I can.... I swear it wasn't like this four weeks ago....
                    Last edited by LakerEagleLover; 03-16-2011, 03:16 PM.
                    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Should be interesting to see how Oswego plays against the larger Adrian lineup.
                      The Bulldogs have nine players 6-1 or taller, who have gotten regular playing time this season.
                      In comparison, the Lakers have five.
                      In watching Adrian play both MSOE and Lawrence this season, they took full advantage of this size difference, especially in their offensive zone.
                      SNC Men:
                      Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                      NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                      SNC Women:
                      O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                        The Bulldogs have nine players 6-1 or taller, who have gotten regular playing time this season.
                        In watching Adrian play both MSOE and Lawrence this season, they took full advantage of this size difference, especially in their offensive zone.
                        the dogs do look to have a bigger team, as did Utica which we took 2 from home, and away at the aud, which is another tuff place to play at...in watching the bowdion game the lakers were very aggresive and hit anything that moved, even the smaller oz players so I think that WILL continue against the dogs, and oz has a few big boys as well ...I think both teams have had a tendancy to take penalties at times, so I think discipline will be a very big thing to watch in this game, the players have to realize the bigger goal of advancing and not take themselves out of the game, both with bad penalties and running around hitting and getting out of position......dotn think the size will matter in the end as Oz has and will roll 4 top notch lines who will not wear down and will hit and score with the best of'em.....and Im sure beck will be back on his game........should be funnnnnnn...ps the dogs also have about 15 guys 24yo and over, more experience ??? or brittle bones lol.......

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                          The officials will dictate whether Adrian or any other team can take advantage of size.
                          Smaller players will usually have the advantage drawing penalties. It's just the way it is.
                          If you look at Adrian's average penalty minutes......they are up there.

In the game against Elmira, Quinn Waller (5'11") was retreating backwards while closing down the lane.
                          When the oncoming smaller forward cut to try to beat him to the middle....Waller anticipated, turned, faced and caved him in with one of best open ice hits you'll ever see. McSweeney called Waller for charging......and polled the other referees to see if they felt 5min was warranted. The smaller forward got up quickly like good players do when they get smoked cleanly.

In the prior meeting with Oswego neither team was all that disciplined. I don't recall Adrian having any huge size advantage. I expect this will be a physical game. I hope the ref's aren't a factor in the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                            Adrian posters have already confirmed their rink is same as CC and MPS.... CBS College Sports has a gaping hole in their schedule for the Friday night championship slot.... I know I confirmed once already they are carrying the final....looking to find it again while riding a train is challenging....will report back

EDIT - NCAA master tv schedule for all sports has the finals on NCAA.com...aaarrrggghhhh....checking with the tv facilities company that worked the game last yr to find out more if I can.... I swear it wasn't like this four weeks ago....
                            My bad on the ice size. I got my teams confused. I checked a few times as well. Everything is pointing to an NCAA.com championship. Remember the good old days, before CBS bought CSTV. They actually used to play college sports...not just the ones the NCAA makes the most money on.

Comment

My bad on the ice size. I got my teams confused. I checked a few times as well. Everything is pointing to an NCAA.com championship. Remember the good old days, before CBS bought CSTV. They actually used to play college sports...not just the ones the NCAA makes the most money on.
                              I heard at Oswego last Saturday that none of the D3 championships (men's basketball, women's basketball, men's hockey) that used to always be carried by CSTV/CBS College Sports are being carried by them this year.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                                I heard at Oswego last Saturday that none of the D3 championships (men's basketball, women's basketball, men's hockey) that used to always be carried by CSTV/CBS College Sports are being carried by them this year.
                                What does CSTV cover these days? It not in my cable package, but I thought was that it was to be a channel that covered college sports that weren't given coverage on the "major" networks (the ones that cover pro sports and pro-college (DI) sports). It seems like there's nobody who covers amateur college sports any more.
                                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                                X