Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Offseason Thread I: Not Winning and the ensuing drama.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason Thread I: Not Winning and the ensuing drama.

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    Yager got banned for saying UND recruits with free booze, hookers and blow. or something close to that.
    Pretty sure he was only banned from commenting on articles - the boards and the article commenting software are separate.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Pretty sure he was only banned from commenting on articles - the boards and the article commenting software are separate.
      that's a bummer. he'd better man up and get in here and flame somebody!!
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Maybe Tech wasn't that bad. UND has been pounding everyone.

Comment

Flashy Man...who runs the www.techhockeyguide.com/ site in your signature? I hadn't seen it before and clicked on it for the first time yesterday. It looks good, has an updated twitter account and very cool to have the 1975 championship game video! Tech hockey needs a site like this, so it's good to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
            Flashy Man...who runs the www.techhockeyguide.com/ site in your signature? I hadn't seen it before and clicked on it for the first time yesterday. It looks good, has an updated twitter account and very cool to have the 1975 championship game video! Tech hockey needs a site like this, so it's good to see.
            Yeah, it's one of my side projects I started last fall. F2B&G sometimes contributes. ;-) Thanks for the compliment.
            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Uh yeah, I can't take too much credit. Maybe when the new coach is hired, I'll try to start blogging again. I just started a new job today, and I'm going to be way too busy for the next month or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                Yeah, it's one of my side projects I started last fall. F2B&G sometimes contributes. ;-) Thanks for the compliment.
                Your site is awesome- looks professional, attractive and captures the tradition of MTU hockey; something that a former player or future recruit could be proud of. It puts tech's to shame. Another reason that the whole athletic/hockey department needs to be cleaned out. Their website, their director of communications, their PA system in the rink (the list could go on)..... are an embarrassment. They operate like a high school; actually I've seen high schools with better websites and PR guys. Keep up the good work and send the link to the new coach; better yet send it to the prospective coaches - It's a better advertisement than Tech can provide. The championship game is a nice touch; I never seen this before.

http://www.techhockeyguide.com/
                Last edited by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS; 03-28-2011, 11:00 PM.

Comment

I agree (since I was clued in a bit ago) that it is flashy. Looks real nice, and while I haven't explored it all, the parts I looked at are definitely on a high level of quality.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
                    Your site is awesome- looks professional, attractive and captures the tradition of MTU hockey; something that a former player or future recruit could be proud of. It puts tech's to shame. Another reason that the whole athletic/hockey department needs to be cleaned out. Their website, their director of communications, their PA system in the rink (the list could go on)..... are an embarrassment. They operate like a high school; actually I've seen high schools with better websites and PR guys. Keep up the good work and send the link to the new coach; better yet send it to the prospective coaches - It's a better advertisement than Tech can provide.
                    "Operation Catch 22" is in full swing now.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      "Operation Catch 22" is in full swing now.
                      Hopefully to someone featured here (examples of how a first class program promotes themselves).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=audAv...<br /> <br />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OblWUdOcZ5k
                      Last edited by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS; 03-28-2011, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Your site looks terrific! It really captures the spirit of Tech hockey. I'm glad to see you use the "proper" MTU logo. I just missed the glory days of the 70s. My first season was 76-77 and my seat was right in front of the glass. Everyone was still talking about Zuke and Lyle.

Someone said Tony Esposito isn't willing to assist the hockey program in any way. What's up with that?
                        "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                        Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
                          Hopefully to someone featured here (examples of how a first class program promotes themselves).
                          Tech should create a class called, Sports Marketing & Social Media. The curriculum would include everything from Facebook to merchandising. It would save money because they could fire the current PR staff, who are incompetent, and use students to do the work.

Another good class would be Internet Broadcasting so those of us living out of state could see hockey, basketball and football games. We should give Mark Cuban an honorary degree and get him to underwrite the whole thing...
                          Last edited by Burnt Orange Husky; 03-29-2011, 07:49 AM.
                          "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                          Abe Lincoln

Comment

beautiful site Flashy!!
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Were others on here expecting to see the Hockey Coach vacancy on the jobs website on mtu.edu? Not that it's important, as people that are interested know about it and will apply, but I just thought I'd be able to go out there and check it out today but didn't see it posted.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                                Were others on here expecting to see the Hockey Coach vacancy on the jobs website on mtu.edu? Not that it's important, as people that are interested know about it and will apply, but I just thought I'd be able to go out there and check it out today but didn't see it posted.
                                Yeah, it was supposed to be posted. I was thinking the Bball tournaments might have had something to do with the delay? I wanted to read it too.
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X