Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Offseason Thread I: Not Winning and the ensuing drama.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason Thread I: Not Winning and the ensuing drama.

I would expect them to realllly start looking after the F4, since the season for everyone is officially over at that point, and interviews would be granted, permission to talk to certain individuals would be okay, etc etc. I don't know the NCAA rules on tampering, but if they are anything like the pros, one cannot be too careful.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

In other news, just saw the first "official" posting. Gophers and Badgers to leave the WCHA following the 2012-13 season. BTHC teams will play only 20 conference games and the WCHA hopes to interlock with MN and WI so that all WCHA teams will play them every five years.
      http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...118407989.html

Let's the shifting begin...
      Ryan J
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
        In other news, just saw the first "official" posting. Gophers and Badgers to leave the WCHA following the 2012-13 season. BTHC teams will play only 20 conference games and the WCHA hopes to interlock with MN and WI so that all WCHA teams will play them every five years.

Ryan J
        Just....saw.....? Between GPL and here, there's probably at least 6 threads with a link somewhere, along with the multitude of social networks that users have posted links to.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          I would expect them to realllly start looking after the F4, since the season for everyone is officially over at that point, and interviews would be granted, permission to talk to certain individuals would be okay, etc etc. I don't know the NCAA rules on tampering, but if they are anything like the pros, one cannot be too careful.
          Pretty much. At the moment, I figure they're just putting together a list of coaches they want to try and speak with.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post

Ryan J
            I'm hoping Suzanne has taken a break on the coach search and called every AD at a WCHA school not named Minnesota or Wisconsin to put together a new conference for next year. **** the Big 10, let those ******** fill out a complete schedule without 28 WCHA games next year.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              I'm hoping Suzanne has taken a break on the coach search and called every AD at a WCHA school not named Minnesota or Wisconsin to put together a new conference for next year. **** the Big 10, let those ******** fill out a complete schedule without 28 WCHA games next year.
              It will be interesting to see if this has but a target on UW and UM next year. Could be tough to play a full WCHA schedule if everyone is up for your series. Of course, I'm sure UW and UM are of the opinion that given their "great status as the Big Ten schools" this has been the case for years.

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
                It will be interesting to see if this has but a target on UW and UM next year. Could be tough to play a full WCHA schedule if everyone is up for your series. Of course, I'm sure UW and UM are of the opinion that given their "great status as the Big Ten schools" this has been the case for years.
                I'm hoping they're not even on the schedule. Implode the Kohl and Mooch for all I care. I grew up a Gopher fan, but as far as I'm concerned now, they can all rot. I hope the Sioux pound the living **** out of them if they play them next season.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Interesting set of data. Was surprised to see Tech 5th in the WCHA for profit.
                  Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                  What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                    Interesting set of data. Was surprised to see Tech 5th in the WCHA for profit.
                    Very interesting data! MTU makes money by keeping those annoying playoff expenses to a minimum. Just imagine how profitable the Huskies would be if the arena was more than half full on a regular basis...
                    "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                    Abe Lincoln

Comment

MTU = Pittsburgh Pirates?

They found that by producing a losing product they can be profitable at it?
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

What with the woman's elite 8 and Tech hosting the Green Bay regional, I would expect her to be pretty busy with other stuff about now.
                        However I'm pretty sure resume's are already coming in.

And I doubt the job posting will have much detail on the salary, something like 125-200 depending on the applicants qualifications.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          What with the woman's elite 8 and Tech hosting the Green Bay regional, I would expect her to be pretty busy with other stuff about now.
                          However I'm pretty sure resume's are already coming in.

And I doubt the job posting will have much detail on the salary, something like 125-200 depending on the applicants qualifications.
                          Women's elite 8?
                          1. Tech doesn't have a women's team
                          2. It is a women's Frozen 4, not elite 8.
                          3. It was last weekend. Wisconsin won. Again.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Women's elite 8?
                            1. Tech doesn't have a women's team
                            2. It is a women's Frozen 4, not elite 8.
                            3. It was last weekend. Wisconsin won. Again.
                            Bouncyball. Go Tech!
                            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                              Bouncyball. Go Tech!
                              Well that explains why I don't care.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I bet the posting won't even have a range, it will just say commiserate on experience.
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X