Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University Part IV: Off-Season or New Season?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston University Part IV: Off-Season or New Season?

The thread nobody wants to start. (Staring into the abyss?)

Carry on.
    It Happened!!!!

Re: Boston University Part IV: Off-Season or New Season?

And I had a blast at the America East Final. Just awesome. The atmosphere blew my expectations out of the water. Way to go BU Nation.

Bring on Ohio State!
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Lifting leg, marking territory
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
        And I had a blast at the America East Final. Just awesome. The atmosphere blew my expectations out of the water. Way to go BU Nation.

Bring on Ohio State!
        haha I heard that we could possibly be playing in one of the play-in games Tuesday in Dayton...that means we could bring home a tournament win(technically)...I personally want BYU but they are fallling further and further away each day.

Also to get back to hockey, I have no issue with the NU fans telling Parker to shutup. They aren't suppose to chant nice things about him and BU fans call Cronin a cheater all game. Aslong as it stays somewhat classy I am ok with it. I was just proud of them for chanting something besides GO NU or Lets go Huskies...they are getting real creative over there on Huntington ave now. Should be a great game tomorrow night
        GO BU

Comment

Looks like some Red Hot Hockey for the women next weekend!

Comment

Sorry to talk more basketball, but the new barn was rocking. Sad that I haven't heard it that loud for hockey since.... (thinking).... (still thinking)....
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Sorry to talk more basketball, but the new barn was rocking. Sad that I haven't heard it that loud for hockey since.... (thinking).... (still thinking)....
              Nice showing from the Stony Brook fans. Probably the most an opposing team has ever brought to an event at Agganis. Though their mascot was a real dope.
              time to write new history

Comment

This. That was definitely the loudest I've heard Agganis all year. I honestly think you might have to go back to one of the BC games in 08-09 to find a game when Agganis was rocking like that. And to me, that's a testament to all the fans who came out today more than it's an indictment on the hockey fans. When I saw how full Agganis was today, I thought, "Wow, this is great. I'm sure they're all just fairweather fans who are gonna sit on their hands all game, but this is still pretty cool." I was dead wrong. Everyone was on their feet and making noise down the stretch.
                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I thought as a conference champ we get an auto bid and not a play-in game. That would blow. Stupid NCAA and their money grubbing ways.

Just saw the women win. There's a few players on that team that could teach a few things to the men's team.

OK, that sounded dirtier than it was meant.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    I thought as a conference champ we get an auto bid and not a play-in game. That would blow. Stupid NCAA and their money grubbing ways.
                    There are two 16-seed play-in games and two 12-seed play-in games. It's stupid. First of all, there shouldn't be any play-in games because they're ********. Second of all, if they are going to have them, they should all be for 12 seeds. Let the 16's at least get their moment in the spotlight on the same court as a powerhouse instead of possibly just playing one game against Southeastern Arkansas A&M or whatever.
                    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                      This. That was definitely the loudest I've heard Agganis all year. I honestly think you might have to go back to one of the BC games in 08-09 to find a game when Agganis was rocking like that. And to me, that's a testament to all the fans who came out today more than it's an indictment on the hockey fans. When I saw how full Agganis was today, I thought, "Wow, this is great. I'm sure they're all just fairweather fans who are gonna sit on their hands all game, but this is still pretty cool." I was dead wrong. Everyone was on their feet and making noise down the stretch.
                      Two reasons.

One:
                      It's the difference between rooting for a team that's surpassing the low expectations for it (historically) vs. a team that's historically expected to win...been there..done that.

It's why the NU fans are so much louder too.

Two:
                      I think a lot of it has to do with the non-student fans. Heck, when was the last time you got anone in the middle sections to cheer "Go BU" or to stand and cheer for anything other than a goal, or the last .5 secs of a win. There was a lot of noise form those middle sections today...maybe cause there were more students there? not sure

We've been critcising the students for not showing/being too quiet a lot lately...the alumns and off the street fans need to do their part too.

Comment

Also, I guess I shouldn't have been TOTALLY surprised. I went to the AE title game up at UVM last year and BU had like two full sections that were louder and more active than the UVM fans all game. I think BRT's probably right about people just getting so excited about a team having a chance to get somewhere it doesn't usually get to. The home side of WBA was pretty full for the women's hockey game today, too, and that might've been the loudest crowd I've heard at a women's game. It certainly wasn't as great an atmosphere as the bball game, but it was pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedTerrier View Post
                          Two reasons.

One:
                          It's the difference between rooting for a team that's surpassing the low expectations for it (historically) vs. a team that's historically expected to win...been there..done that.

Two:
                          I think a lot of it has to do with the non-student fans. Heck, when was the last time you got anone in the middle sections to cheer "Go BU" or to stand and cheer for anything other than a goal, or the last .5 secs of a win. There was a lot of noise form those middle sections today...maybe cause there were more students there? not sure

We've been critcising the students for not showing/being too quiet a lot lately...the alumns and off the street fans need to do their part too.
                          and we have a winner!
                          time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                            There are two 16-seed play-in games and two 12-seed play-in games. It's stupid. First of all, there shouldn't be any play-in games because they're ********. Second of all, if they are going to have them, they should all be for 12 seeds. Let the 16's at least get their moment in the spotlight on the same court as a powerhouse instead of possibly just playing one game against Southeastern Arkansas A&M or whatever.
                            I've always hated the play-in game for the rite to be a 16th seed. It screams "hey small conference winner, you've just won the rite to play in most irrelevant game in the NCAA tournament."

If the NCAA wants to expand the tournament on a small scale then they should be middle of the pack play-in games for at-large bubble teams only. Conference tourney winners should be rewarded by playing in the main bracket.

OK, back to hockey. Maybe the mens team should reschedule the game for tonight since BU can't seem to lose today.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedTerrier View Post
                              Two reasons.

One:

Two:

Nice post, accurate.

This weekend someone in 113 or 114 started a Go BU chant, I had honestly forgotten about that happening. Definitely hadn't happened at all this season, don't believe it ever happened last season either. Doesn't really make sense because I know of some fans from the side sections who start the occasional chant at road games...

Comment

Working...
                              X