This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Off Season 2011

Sirman's kidding right? Division 3 out of the question? What Division 1 school would have a kid with an 872 save percentage? Can't blame Whitehead, his results over two years were down right terrible. Stop 90% of the shots you face and then you can complain you got screwed by the coach.

Larry should asked him how much coaching he got, if he wished he can an actual goalie coach, etc. Performance wise, just like Blodgett, he just didn't pass mustard.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
      Sirman's kidding right? Division 3 out of the question? What Division 1 school would have a kid with an 872 save percentage? Can't blame Whitehead, his results over two years were down right terrible. Stop 90% of the shots you face and then you can complain you got screwed by the coach.

Larry should asked him how much coaching he got, if he wished he can an actual goalie coach, etc. Performance wise, just like Blodgett, he just didn't pass mustard.
      you cannot POSSIBLY be bringing the statistics into this when you fail to point out that his "lousy save percentage" was also the best of the 3.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
        Someone is trying to stir up trouble here!

r.
        Jesus Bob, I get a more emotional response out of you by wishing you a merry christmas than the cumulative emotional responses of the Buddist-3 have in their entire careers at Maine.
        Those guys make Keenan Hopson look like Joey Diamond/Jim Montgomery

Comment

With three new roster spots open. Who else may be coming in next year beside the anticipated; Norman, Cerretani, Leen, Rutt, and Higgins?

Do three new recruits get brought in or do three current recruits get moved up?

Comment

Sirman's kidding right? Division 3 out of the question?
            could be a financial concern... no "true" scholarships in d3...

Comment

Originally posted by Tango View Post
              With three new roster spots open. Who else may be coming in next year beside the anticipated; Norman, Cerretani, Leen, Rutt, and Higgins?

Swann Boisvert from Stanstead College (a Canadian prep school) has committed for next fall, according to a news release on the Stanstead website. This was reported on the UMaine recruit thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                you cannot POSSIBLY be bringing the statistics into this when you fail to point out that his "lousy save percentage" was also the best of the 3.
                I didnt say the other two had a right to complain about the coach did i?

Same Will ONeill that takes penalties for retaliation that draws Tim's ire is a Buddhist now? OK.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

In addition to Boisvert, I've heard Cam Brown's name mentioned from someone in the admission's office. Not sure how reliable so take it FWIW.

Comment

So WHO is our next Nyquist, Purcell, Sweetland, Bishop....Who do we have to worry about jumping ship another year?!

Comment

I was wondering whether Sirman jumped, or was he pushed. Now we know. I think he could be a pretty good goalie somehwere, if given the chance, and with some proper coaching. Some D-1 team ought to be able to use a guy like him.

So, TIMMAY's choice as the #1 goalie to start the season now becomes the scapegoat for the pizz-poor defense and goaltending coaching they got this season. What an astonishing judge of talent young TIMMAY is, cutting his #1 goalie because he just ain't good enough. TIMMAY's amazing, always finding someone to blame for his lousy coaching.

Shades of Lem Randall, gets a ton of ice time, including on the #1 PP unit, only to be cut once the season's over, while Theo Anderson spent all year sitting in the stands.
                      Last edited by rufus; 04-01-2011, 03:21 PM.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        I was wondering whether Sirman jumped, or was he pushed. Now we know. I think he could be a pretty good goalie somehwere, if given the chance, and with some proper coaching. Some D-1 team ought to be able to use a guy like him.

So, TIMMAY's choice as the #1 goalie to start the season now becomes the scapegoat for the pizz-poor defense and goaltending coaching they got this season. What an astonishing judge of talent young TIMMAY is, cutting his #1 goalie because he just ain't good enough. TIMMAY's amazing, always finding someone to blame for his lousy coaching.

Shades of Lem Randall, gets a ton of ice time, including on the #1 PP unit, only to be cut once the season's over, while Theo Anderson spent all year sitting in the stands.
                        I'm with ya on this issue Rufus.....I dont buy the Sirman is like Blodgett and cant cut it syndrome. Fact is, Whitehead again is demonstrating what a pizz poor manager of people and talent he is. Because of Whitehead's ineptness at handling people, his players ultimately end up paying the price while Whitehead lays the blame on anyone except himself. Sirman could have, should have been a solid goalie at Maine with proper coaching. Does Whitehead really think he's fooling anyone with his snake oil routine ?? Geeezus I do not like the way he operates.....dishonest.
                        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

I didnt say the other two had a right to complain about the coach did i?

Same Will ONeill that takes penalties for retaliation that draws Tim's ire is a Buddhist now? OK.
                          will is the one who jokes around.. the other three are very quiet

that said... I should not have come across as saying thta you were "wrong" you were right.. he had no right to complain, given his stats... but his stats do not tell the whole story and he had the best stats of the three (goalies who have NO D in front of them)

Comment

surely there are unsigned members of the Manchest Jr Monarchs who would love to play at a quasi D1 hockey school.

someone asked who the next Purcell/Sweetland will be...
                            the well is running dry, the last excellent player to be be duped into coming to maine because of all those frozen fours is Joey Diamond... the last one... the last... there will be no more, not while Timmy passes the buck and does not help a soul

Comment

Whitehead will stick his own fork in himself by next year at this time....and I for one will be saying GOOD RIDDANCE. SAVE Maine Hockey.

Comment

If Van Dyke is in the game for the Abbotsford Heat tonight, he'll be playing against Gustav. Pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X