This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Off Season 2011

Ok people sounds like we are getting a little off track! Cindy's a done deal...lets focus on the task at hand! FIRE TIMMAY now Abbott. If your worried about a replacement, just let Corkum coach...I sure he can light a fire! Let Timmay sit behind the scenes on his hand, christ he does that anyway! Get rid of Dan and bring back Grant. Montgomery and half of the team he is coaching now wouldnt be a bad addition either. Now get to work Abbott!

Comment

Flynn and O'neill are named captains for the 11-12 season. Abbott and Cornell are given A's. Best of luck to them and the rest of the Black Bears.

Comment

I wonder how many $$ are in this "discretionary" fund the BDN mentions????

Comment

Abbott has confirmed that Whitehead will be back for 2011-2012...........http://www.mainesportsnetwork.com/20...ve-abbott.html

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
            Abbott has confirmed that Whitehead will be back for 2011-2012...........http://www.mainesportsnetwork.com/20...ve-abbott.html
            As we all knew. Can we all shut up about it now?

Comment

Lenzi reports Sirman is gone. Not a shock. Also kellen corkun wont return. Assume its injury related. Shame really, feel bad for him.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                Lenzi reports Sirman is gone. Not a shock. Also kellen corkun wont return. Assume its injury related. Shame really, feel bad for him.
                Link?

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                  Its interesting that he would say anything about it though. Someone must have asked him that question.

If kellen is gone will Bob be far behind?
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo1091 View Post
                    Link?
                    http://www.pressherald.com/blogs/lenzi/118997554.html

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                      Its interesting that he would say anything about it though. Someone must have asked him that question.

If kellen is gone will Bob be far behind?

Comment

Not a problem Abbott bring him right back in next season. I know of 4 seats right on the glass if anyone wants them! Looks like I get to put some extra money into some trap gear this year!

Comment

I'll be wiping my AZZ with my ticket renewal forms and sending back!

Comment

Originally posted by DownEastblkbearfan View Post
                            Not a problem Abbott bring him right back in next season. I know of 4 seats right on the glass if anyone wants them! Looks like I get to put some extra money into some trap gear this year!
                            Think how much money you shell out for travel to and from, food before, during and after the games. Maybe a few beers at pats. I figure for 2 games, me and kid, I shell out 150 bucks if we eat at Subway, travel up and back, snacks at the game, tickets. Its much more if the Ol Lady goes because then Pats or Bear Brew or etc comes into play.

Comment

Abbott really doesn't seem to "get it" as far as Timmay goes. In the clip, starting around the 3:35 mark when he was asked about hockey and this most recent disappointing season, he started talking about the renovations to the Alfond that hopefully will attract more talent, and about giving the hockey program more administrative help so the coaches could focus more on coaching. I think both are good ideas, but they have almost nothing to do with why our hockey team did so poorly this season. It wasn't a lack of talent, or inferior hockey facilities, or too much administrative work that kept causing our team to give up leads and fall apart late in games. Why is he avoiding the REAL issue, and who does he think he's fooling? With no changes, stand by for the same...downward spiral.

Comment

• Any guesses on who centers the first line next year? Mangene between Flynn and Abbott? Love his energy and speed but is he a capable enough scorer to be a first liner?

Comment

Working...
                                X