X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Off Season 2011

Originally posted by john g View Post
    The Duke women, after hanging with UConn for the first half, are currently getting shelled by Gino ***hole-iema. Do you suppose Joanne has been speaking to Mr. Abbott??

After all, she doesn't need anymore money.
    Well, I always thot Joanne looked pretty dam good on the bench. And, eventually, the Mainahs always want to come home after they get a taste of the congestion outside of the state
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

J Palombo-McCallie back to Maine? Save some of that rum for me

I want to believe that Maine is willing to buy out Whitehead, and that it's just that 3 years is too much.

Someone email Abbott and remind him that every 100 increase in average home attendance = about $35k.
      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Like I said, I don't think TIMMAY's gone yet. But i'll bet it's made abundently clear to him that changes need to be made to his coaching staff, and his approach to the game. Again, if I were Danny, I'd be working on the resume. But knowing TIMMAY, I'm sure if someone goes, TIMMAY will make sure it's Corkum, since Danny's his boy. Can't have the guys continuing their faceoff improvement.
        I'm not saying our assistants are all world, most valuable... but it would be outrageous to change the assistants but keep Tim.

I don't like this "One more year" garbage. What does that MEAN? So...if they make the postseason next year...that means Maine Hockey is permanently fixed and has the right leadership selling and coaching the team???

Comment

Originally posted by TripleE View Post
          I'm not saying our assistants are all world, most valuable... but it would be outrageous to change the assistants but keep Tim.

I don't like this "One more year" garbage. What does that MEAN? So...if they make the postseason next year...that means Maine Hockey is permanently fixed and has the right leadership selling and coaching the team???
          It's going to take one hell of a coaching job for Maine to make the NCAAs next year. Flynn and Abbott are good hockey players, if they both return. I'm not sure where the rest of the offense is going to come from. O'Neill is good as a QB on the PP. Nemec is a big body. Hegarty has the potential. Not sure what else there is on defense. Goaltending is iffy at best. Soft goals were common place.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleE View Post

I agree, why wait another year and let lil timmay sink the ship further into the oblivion....get rid of him. $600k is not a lot of money in the big picture. Right now is the ideal time to go after a better coach young up an comer or an assistant at a big program who would excel with what maine has to offer and knows what it takes to win.Let timmay go coach his non check hockey in squirt or mites and get a real coach who wants to win and play real hockey. If they have any business savvy they realize eating his contract will hurt in the short term but with the right hire triple its return in the long run!!! Let's hope abbott goes 2 for 2!!!

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
              It's going to take one hell of a coaching job for Maine to make the NCAAs next year. Flynn and Abbott are good hockey players, if they both return. I'm not sure where the rest of the offense is going to come from. O'Neill is good as a QB on the PP. Nemec is a big body. Hegarty has the potential. Not sure what else there is on defense. Goaltending is iffy at best. Soft goals were common place.
              Diamond isn't bad either.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleE View Post
                I'm not saying our assistants are all world, most valuable... ?
                Be nice to have an asst coach who could actually get the D and the Goalies to improve wouldn't it? Asst coaches are fired all the time and the head coach remains. Something has to change for this team to improve, if Timmay stays, what are the options?
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                  Diamond isn't bad either.
                  That's the difference between the new expectations at UMaine. In the Walsh years, Diamond would have been a fan favorite who was used to disrupt and agitate and be a good third or fourth line player. The talent has diminished so now people see him as a player to be counted on offensively.

Comment

Flynn, Abbott, and Diamond are the expected scoring.

I Expect breakout years from Beattie and Swavely.

I have big expectations for Cerrentani, and modest early expectations for Leen. The fact that there is more room to make a splash early will bode well for them.

You'll probably laugh, because for such an effective player, the 'goal monkey' on his back was a running joke....but Mangene very quietly put up 10 points despite spending time centering defensemen playing wing, or, getting put on D himself. 22 points out of him next year....7 goals.... you just wait!

Comment

Originally posted by MEFANinLA View Post
                      Right now is the ideal time to go after a better coach young up an comer or an assistant at a big program who would excel with what maine has to offer and knows what it takes to win.
                      such as . . . ?
                      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                        such as . . . ?
                        Young up and comer has got to be Nate Leaman

Comment

How many years left on his contract?

Comment

That's the difference between the new expectations at UMaine. In the Walsh years, Diamond would have been a fan favorite who was used to disrupt and agitate and be a good third or fourth line player. The talent has diminished so now people see him as a player to be counted on offensively.
                            Maybe, but I think he has more talent at the net finishing than say, Bobby Stewart, who I loved.

Comment

Originally posted by MEFANinLA View Post
                              I agree, why wait another year and let lil timmay sink the ship further into the oblivion....get rid of him. $600k is not a lot of money in the big picture. Right now is the ideal time to go after a better coach young up an comer or an assistant at a big program who would excel with what maine has to offer and knows what it takes to win.Let timmay go coach his non check hockey in squirt or mites and get a real coach who wants to win and play real hockey. If they have any business savvy they realize eating his contract will hurt in the short term but with the right hire triple its return in the long run!!! Let's hope abbott goes 2 for 2!!!
                              I agree. $600K does sound like a big number, but when you consider how much a healthy and exciting Maine hockey program could bring the University, it's not all that much, especially spread over 3 years. We shouldn't be trying to justify James mistake in extending his contract by making an equally bad one of our own by keeping him on. We need to cut our losses and get someone in place who can turn this ship around, and it needs to be done soon, or it'll only be more difficult when they finally get around to making the change. The hockey programs ability to bring in $$$$ will also steadily decline no matter HOW good Abbott is because even the best salesman needs a product to sell. The sooner the change is made, the better for all involved, especially the kids on the team who want to play Maine hockey and win. That'll never happen under Timmay.

Comment

• Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                                such as . . . ?
                                Post it as open and a lot will apply then you have to choose the best or target somebody and go after them. I think wally or Acs said do it quietly, I disagree you want timmay out post his job now, "head coach in waiting" and tell timmay he will report into the new guy and make his life miserable...that or really look over his contract you would think they put a Performance clause in it..it shouldn't be an entitlement program..its perform or your gone run it like a business not like the nickel-dime operation it has been. You want to win, you have to spend money to make money and put the right people in place to be successful.

Comment

Working...
                                X