X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Off Season 2011

Originally posted by DownEastblkbearfan View Post
    Steve Abbott gets two year extension!
    Agree this is good news for Maine Athletics. Has had one-year to evaluate the landscape, and this will allow him to put his own stamp on the programs.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      You do all the games this weekend?
      I did jumbotron in the arena for all of them in Manch, yeah. Best food ever from the NC$$.

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
        I did jumbotron in the arena for all of them in Manch, yeah. Best food ever from the NC$$.
        Could have shared some with people you put on the jumbotron!

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
          I think its good to have someone. Ideally you have a national search, but there are issues up there that I think require quick decisions and searches take time.
          I'm not expecting any quick decisions (coaching changes?). He's intelligent and will make necessary changes in a rational manner. I think he may provide leadership to a department that needs direction and will move it forward. In two years time there should be a sense of how effective he has been. I wish him well.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
            Sorry Bob.

Comment

You do all the games this weekend?
              Nick had the best seat in the house, in the corner next to the camera guy right on the glass, in a seat you can't even buy, with an all access pass around his neck. Too bad he had to rely on UNH to win a big game to send him home happy.

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                Nick had the best seat in the house, in the corner next to the camera guy right on the glass, in a seat you can't even buy, with an all access pass around his neck. Too bad he had to rely on UNH to win a big game to send him home happy.
                Cool, bennies from Dad can't hurt. He must have had fun during the Miami game, even I enjoyed UNH making Miami's D look like crap
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Cool, bennies from Dad can't hurt. He must have had fun during the Miami game, even I enjoyed UNH making Miami's D look like crap
                  Honestly, I was pulling for UNH. What I really wanted to see was a Merrimack/UNH regional final.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                    bringing back some of the WORST memories EVER, ther Bob... last time you were on the jumbotron, it was NOT a blue hat you were wearing... turned my stomache

Comment

I forgot about that earlier trip, man thats unreal. I remember a certain poster on here who used to point at Jackson and tell us how good Timmay was. I wonder why he isn't doing that comparison anymore?
                      that same poster used to tell us to compare timmy to that guy in Omaha too.

Comment

How long has Jeff Jackson been at ND? 3 or 4 years? He has them in Frozen Four in a short period of time. Obviously they could have a ton more resources than Maine but the program was nothing before he showed up and now they're on the national stage.
                        True, but unfortunately it’s like watching a Cimbollek coached basketball team play hockey. Yawn!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                          True, but unfortunately it’s like watching a Cimbollek coached basketball team play hockey. Yawn!!!!
                          Yeah
                          it works though and if it continues to work others will copy
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                            they had 9 that were in the linup on Saturday...plus they have goaltending and a COACH behind the bench..
                            Yes, it sure would be nice to have a coach like Jeff Jackson or Enrico Blasi who can take teams loaded with freshmen to the final four. Gee, what was Jeff Jackson doing back in 2002, anyway?
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I forgot about that earlier trip, man thats unreal. I remember a certain poster on here who used to point at Jackson and tell us how good Timmay was. I wonder why he isn't doing that comparison anymore?
                              He used to do a lot of comparisons of TIMMAY's record against Umile, Parker and York, too, but he hasn't been doing that lately either.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                                they all out of the EJ and Empire leagues?

a couple years ago a wise person told me that a Maine coach was on these boards... I have my suspicions about which poster it is... but it might be good for all of us to know that there is one person on here who posts the party line garbage...

and unfortunately "it all" does not include knowing which poster it is... but I have a good idea
                                (and it is not MaineFanInLA)
                                Believe me I've been calling for timmay to be gone since mid 2000s, why would you even think there is a possibility of what you said up above?

Comment

Working...
                                X