This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Off Season 2011

I think this firewhitehead dude is actually Tim Whitehead. Hes trying to make all you internet nutcases look bad.....and doing a good job atit.
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
      I think this firewhitehead dude is actually Tim Whitehead. Hes trying to make all you internet nutcases look bad.....and doing a good job atit.
      More likely it's Priceless attempt at satire.

Comment

The only boos I remember hearing from UNH fans came with about 4 or 5 minutes left when they could not get the PP set up. The boos did not last for long at all. Everyone I was near stood to cheer for UNH as their season ended. I do not want this to denegrate into a thread on whether or not UNH fans booed their team off the ice but from where I was sitting, it did not happen.

I was unsuccessful in attempting to convince the UNH fans I was sitting near that UNH should buy out Timmay's contract and hire him to replace Dick Umile. One of the fans hates the way Umile whistles at his team during the game. I explained that Timmay does not even talk to his team during the game. Apparently, that is not a convicing argument.

Comment

Well I see UNH has laid another egg this post season! You know I wish Maine could just once make it to the playoffs and even get a chance to play in probably Portland! Don't tell me they need a arena that can hold an attendance of 10-15,000 because I saw an awful lot of empty seats at all the regionals! New Hampshire you suck! You can't even win a **** regional in your back yard! Your fans ought to be proud of themselves! If you can't make some **** noise in your own state how are you supposed to win a national championship! The curse continues! But dont worry at least I guess you made the playoffs AGAIN!

Comment

How long has Jeff Jackson been at ND? 3 or 4 years? He has them in Frozen Four in a short period of time. Obviously they could have a ton more resources than Maine but the program was nothing before he showed up and now they're on the national stage.
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              How long has Jeff Jackson been at ND? 3 or 4 years? He has them in Frozen Four in a short period of time. Obviously they could have a ton more resources than Maine but the program was nothing before he showed up and now they're on the national stage.
              This was his 6th season if I remember correctly. This is his 4th trip to the NCAAs, second Frozen Four (Notre Dame made it to the championship game in 2008).

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                This was his 6th season if I remember correctly. This is his 4th trip to the NCAAs, second Frozen Four (Notre Dame made it to the championship game in 2008).
                I forgot about that earlier trip, man thats unreal. I remember a certain poster on here who used to point at Jackson and tell us how good Timmay was. I wonder why he isn't doing that comparison anymore?

Comment

I think its more about Pooley than Jackson

On a more serious note I was fascinated by what Jackson said in the postgame presser, about how every summer the coaching staff sits down and talks about what they could do differently. Talked about throwing out the old forecheck, and revising the system in the neutral zone. Spoke of how watching Philly and Tampa Bay changed their ways of doing things to create more transition opportunities. Pretty interesting stuff, obviously a coach head and shoulders above most.
                  Last edited by pgv; 03-28-2011, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Steve Abbott gets two year extension!

Comment

Originally posted by DownEastblkbearfan View Post
                      Steve Abbott gets two year extension!
                      Here's the link. Somewhat of a turn around based on earlier information.

http://www.goblackbears.com/informat...bott_Extension

Comment

I think this is good news, Steve being an Orono boy knows what a challenge UMaine athletics will be. Good luck to him and us

Comment

2 year fixed-length appointment make sense, especially since they have a new president coming on board in a few months.

Comment

I think this is good news, Steve being an Orono boy knows what a challenge UMaine athletics will be. Good luck to him and us
                            I think its good to have someone. Ideally you have a national search, but there are issues up there that I think require quick decisions and searches take time.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                              What's up with throwing a Maine lobster on the ice?
                              I think they had a harder time trying to get the fish in on Sunday, and... there were lobster rolls in the media catering room... just sayin'... (and they were good)

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                                I think they had a harder time trying to get the fish in on Sunday, and... there were lobster rolls in the media catering room... just sayin'... (and they were good)
                                You do all the games this weekend?

Comment

Working...
                                X