This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Off Season 2011

I'll make my prediction for next season already...BU wins the whole phuking thing! To steal a line from "Jake" in major league!
    Us on the other hand, we will be lucky to play them in round 1 of the HE playoffs! Thank you HUBBA BUBBA!

Comment

Just think of the upside to this everyone. We wont have far to fall, meaning expectations aren't very high then hey maybe next year won't be half as bad as this year was!

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        They go home for the summer, figure they have to learn something there
        They were home last summer too.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by MEbear View Post
          "(there I am on record as saying Tim's got one more year to show we are going in the right direction)."

There's the quote I was referring to. You didn't use the word "deserve" but in what sense does he have one more year to prove anything, and to whom? No matter what happens next year, he's already amply proven he's not up to the task of taking Maine hockey in the right direction. In a strictly legal sense, he's got the rest of his contract (why choose one year?) to prove whatever he's going to prove, but in MY mind he's got 0 (zero) years because I've seen enough and there's already no doubt. Why would you suggest that he's got one year left to prove something when you know he's got a 3 year contract unless you think he somehow deserves another chance? What's going to be different about one year from now that isn't true right now? He'll still have time left on his contract. For the good of Maine hockey, Abbott needs to let him go NOW, not a year from now or 3 years from now.
          Bob comes up with the same old schtick after every season......see my signature for examples.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            I forget which game it was, maybe any and all I watched yesterday but it was nice to see a Dman stand a forward up at the blueline. Simple play we don't see much at Alfond anymore, all we see is retreat. You suppose Timmay is french
            There's no room for politics here!

Comment

Originally posted by DownEastblkbearfan View Post
              Just think of the upside to this everyone. We wont have far to fall, meaning expectations aren't very high then hey maybe next year won't be half as bad as this year was!
              You've got Timmayspeak nailed! Just think of all the after-yet-another-bad-loss speeches about seeing the bright side we'll be treated to next year if he's allowed to stick around!

Comment

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary...ame_id=1008411

Nyquist scored the lone goal for grand rapids last night.

Comment

You guys notice that Notre Dame has 12 freshmen on their team?
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    You guys notice that Notre Dame has 12 freshmen on their team?
                    they all out of the EJ and Empire leagues?

a couple years ago a wise person told me that a Maine coach was on these boards... I have my suspicions about which poster it is... but it might be good for all of us to know that there is one person on here who posts the party line garbage...

and unfortunately "it all" does not include knowing which poster it is... but I have a good idea
                    (and it is not MaineFanInLA)

Comment

Originally posted by MEbear View Post
                      Hockey East is losing a ton of players..........
                      Cam Atkinson (Jr.), just signed with Columbus.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                        Cam Atkinson (Jr.), just signed with Columbus.
                        Ya gotta give those "family advisors" credit for working weekends

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post

a couple years ago a wise person told me that a Maine coach was on these boards...
                          Why would they waste their time on internet crazies?
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I just got back from the UNH/ND game. No more Hockey East teams. Is this the second or third time UNH has not been able to advance to the FF even though they play in Manchester?

On a side note, I saw a number of Maine jerseys at the VWA. It was great to see them but I wish I saw some on the ice and in the stands.

Comment

Originally posted by Potato in NH View Post
                              I just got back from the UNH/ND game. No more Hockey East teams. Is this the second or third time UNH has not been able to advance to the FF even though they play in Manchester?

On a side note, I saw a number of Maine jerseys at the VWA. It was great to see them but I wish I saw some on the ice and in the stands.
                              What's up with throwing a Maine lobster on the ice?

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                                they all out of the EJ and Empire leagues?

a couple years ago a wise person told me that a Maine coach was on these boards... I have my suspicions about which poster it is... but it might be good for all of us to know that there is one person on here who posts the party line garbage...

and unfortunately "it all" does not include knowing which poster it is... but I have a good idea
                                (and it is not MaineFanInLA)
                                they had 9 that were in the linup on Saturday...plus they have goaltending and a COACH behind the bench..

Comment

Working...
                                X