This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Is the game of hockey different in the ECAC? No, the recruiting because of academic standards is. Nate isn't coming to MAine but here you have a guy who took a nothing team, a team that had never done a freakin thing before and put it into the NCAAs. Its pretty impressive if you ask me.
    No, but beating the other inflated ECAC teams means squat to me, personally. Nates done a great job, kudos to the guy, but I'n skeptical of what he could do at Maine. Same thing with the Quinnipiac coach, whose name comes up for jobs from time to time.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Re: Maine Off Season 2011

Originally posted by BobF
      Home ice next year would be satisfactory and a trip to the Garden. Have a feeling we'll be picked 5th to 7th in the coaches poll.
      I would guess that,too.Thing is,5th-7th in HEA pretty much translates into a .500-ish overall record,and no NCAA bid for Maine.Again.(IMO,there's no reason for the jury to still be deliberating re:the Whitehead Era.It's all over but the losing.)

Watched hockey for hours and hours this weekend.The Hockey Gods hated on BC-doesn't everyone?-and Merrimack made Maine-like mistakes on D and took too many in-game vacations,or they would've left ND in the dust,despite Cannata being a pretty mediocre goalie.

Now,we have to rely on UNH not to wilt..?Fuuuuuudge...!
      Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-27-2011, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
        Maybe TW should grow a rally beard.................
        Maybe if he grew with the game and how it changes from time to time and still he needs to leave...his time is OVER. This is how he'll be remembered...came in in tought times..(Walsh's death,R.I.P)..and left,when he does...with the Program in hard times..(losing,and a Program in DISARRAY)

Comment

I'm sorry just back from Manchester and watching teams that did make the tournament! Can you please point out where I said he "deserves another year!" Don't think I said that at all! Just know it is a fait accompli' as a result I am being realistic. If you are going to put words in my mouth I'd like to see the quote as opposed to attributing comments that I never made! This was supposed to be "the year" and we were inconsistent beyond belief, and of course goalies that I played with in the 70's in Canada would have fared better! I said at the start of the year no excuses and there are No Excuses!

Home ice next year would be satisfactory and a trip to the Garden. Have a feeling we'll be picked 5th to 7th in the coaches poll.
          5th or 7th if their Goaltending improves by leaps and bounds...this team will struggle to make the Hockey East Playoffs and will be hard press to win 12-13 games...I hate to say it but if you think the last few years have been bad...no improvement in net/if they don't tighten up the special teams and if the scoring drops...their will be long nights watching and listening next season...I hope the h#ll NOT,but with TW behind the bench does not BODE well for a inspiring 2011-12 season...and thats just imo BobF.

Comment

Home ice next year would be satisfactory and a trip to the Garden.
            TIMMAY couldn't do that this year, with Nyquist, 11 of his top 12 scorers back, and a veteran defense. What in the world makes you think he could do it next year?

Maine will be battling Lowell, Umass and PC for the final playoff spot.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Maybe that why the goaltending sucks, Maine doesn't have a goaltending "coach"
              Wally let me re-phrase that for you....Maine doesn't have a "COACH"...Period!!! The university is showing how mismanaged they are...how do you take until September to hire an AD? That shows already that there is no sense of urgency and the new President needs to get his azz in gear and step up to the plate!!! Hire a real leader at AD, who is not afraid to hire good coaches and fire bad coaches(most of the current ones, especially Timmay)and get the fan base back by winning!! Anyway hopefully timmay is enjoying his off season and watching the tourny to see what real coaches(Berenson, Jackson etc) are doing to win games!!! Timmay give us an early xmas gift and resign!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                TIMMAY couldn't do that this year, with Nyquist, 11 of his top 12 scorers back, and a veteran defense. What in the world makes you think he could do it next year?

Maine will be battling Lowell, Umass and PC for the final playoff spot.
                No home ice but the goal;tending has to be better and thats going to make a huge difference. I can see a similar finish to this year, HE is losing a ton of players, BC has to lose some underclassmen, of course Maine might also we'll see.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Can you please point out where I said he "deserves another year!" Don't think I said that at all! Just know it is a fait accompli' as a result I am being realistic. If you are going to put words in my mouth I'd like to see the quote as opposed to attributing comments that I never made! This was supposed to be "the year" and we were inconsistent beyond belief, and of course goalies that I played with in the 70's in Canada would have fared better! I said at the start of the year no excuses and there are No Excuses!

"(there I am on record as saying Tim's got one more year to show we are going in the right direction)."

There's the quote I was referring to. You didn't use the word "deserve" but in what sense does he have one more year to prove anything, and to whom? No matter what happens next year, he's already amply proven he's not up to the task of taking Maine hockey in the right direction. In a strictly legal sense, he's got the rest of his contract (why choose one year?) to prove whatever he's going to prove, but in MY mind he's got 0 (zero) years because I've seen enough and there's already no doubt. Why would you suggest that he's got one year left to prove something when you know he's got a 3 year contract unless you think he somehow deserves another chance? What's going to be different about one year from now that isn't true right now? He'll still have time left on his contract. For the good of Maine hockey, Abbott needs to let him go NOW, not a year from now or 3 years from now.

Comment

No home ice but the goal;tending has to be better and thats going to make a huge difference. I can see a similar finish to this year, HE is losing a ton of players, BC has to lose some underclassmen, of course Maine might also we'll see.
                    Hockey East is losing a ton of players, but we've both seen this before way too many times, the other coaches will develop their underclassmen, while Timmay will take good players and re-emphasize to them that it's not nice to hit anybody....

Comment

Originally posted by MEbear View Post
                      Hockey East is losing a ton of players, but we've both seen this before way too many times, the other coaches will develop their underclassmen, while Timmay will take good players and re-emphasize to them that it's not nice to hit anybody....
                      I forget which game it was, maybe any and all I watched yesterday but it was nice to see a Dman stand a forward up at the blueline. Simple play we don't see much at Alfond anymore, all we see is retreat. You suppose Timmay is french

Comment

It does? What, there's gonna be a new goaltending coach?
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Next season will be a success if the new president hires an AD who once served in the Marines.
                          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by MEbear View Post
                            " In a strictly legal sense, he's got the rest of his contract (why choose one year?) to prove whatever he's going to prove, .
                            in a STRICTLY legal sense, he is not entitled to coach at all... he is entitled to cash, IF he does not do something for which the University is allowed to Fire him.

as I said before though... as long as a young go getter is hired as AD, the new guy will have a simple, single course of action to make a name for himself... pretty simple.

on that note, rumor has it that Dennehy has already been offered double his current salary to coach at another college.

pretty interesting

Comment

I don't think the coaching matters... coaches cannot stop pucks or score goals... it is all up to the players

(heh heh heh)

Comment

They go home for the summer, figure they have to learn something there

Comment

Working...
                                X