X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Off Season 2011

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Good luck to Gus, sure will miss watching him play but it was time to move on. Can't wait till he gets to Detroit, Seeing he and jimmy on the ice would be great

http://new.bangordailynews.com/2011/...ith-red-wings/
    as much as i wish he'd give it one more go, i can't blame him. i would've made the same choice if i were in his shoes. like you said, can't wait to see him playing with Detroit. i think him, Pavel Datsyuk, and Henrik Zetterberg would be a flithy line http://board.uscho.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Comment

Bummer about Nyquist. He seemed like a genuinely nice kid when I met him in Detroit last year. Hope he does well.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Bummer about Nyquist. He seemed like a genuinely nice kid when I met him in Detroit last year. Hope he does well.
        You are correct about Nyquist. Very mature young man who is very comfortable with who he is as a person and player from my observations. Best wishes to Gustav in professional hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          Can't be sad about a player who is good enough to move on. We were lucky to have him here. Seeing him grow as a person while he was here was awesome. If you remember him speaking with reporters as a freshman you could barely understand him, now you wouldn't know he was from Sweden and english was a second language.
          Thanks Gus
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            They were a better team this year. Look what happened.

If this were the '93 team, TIMMAY would have them on the edge of missing the NCAA's.
            If this were the 93 team, then every one of them except Tomberlin, Clukey and the kid from SoPo would have decommitted 2 or 3 years ago.

can you IMAGINE, timmy benching Montgomery for trying to rally the troops during stoppages? or shutting him up in the lockerroom?
            whoever has not YET seen 42-1-2, the video, MUST see it, and listen to Montgomery imploring the bears to pick it up... "we can beat these guys... [whining] they're not good"... then Maine comes back and wins
            Timmy does not allow that kind of rah rah leadership...
            Keenan, Cornell and Meditation with the Maharishi Mahesh Tim Oooohhhhhmmmmmmmm, ooohhhmmmmmmmmm
            Last edited by KnowItAll; 03-25-2011, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Tough to see Nyquist go, although I thought he was headed at the end of last year. Good luck to ME without him next year.

Considering PC finally got rid of Army and UML sent Blaise away, does that help ME's case to dump Whitehead or not really make a difference?
              Originally posted by Hokydad
              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                Tough to see Nyquist go, although I thought he was headed at the end of last year. Good luck to ME without him next year.

Considering PC finally got rid of Army and UML sent Blaise away, does that help ME's case to dump Whitehead or not really make a difference?
                Tough to get fired when you don't have a boss.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post

Losing Nyquist certainly wont make Timbo's job any easier next year And the 5 internet nutcases, which has morphed into the Whitehead 200+, will make certain he hears about his shortcomings in spades. Hopefully there'll be some in the rink demonstrations next season.
                  Last edited by acs64; 03-25-2011, 10:54 AM.
                  I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                    Losing Nyquist certainly wont make Timbo's job any easier next year And the 5 internet nutcases, which has morphed into the Whitehead 200+, will make certain he hears about his shortcomings in spades. Hopefully there'll be some in the rink demonstrations next season.
                    The demonstrations will be in the form of hundreds if not thousands of empty seats. Good luck to Gus. Absolutely the right move. Maybe when he get's up to the big club he and Jimmy could pool a couple of paychecks and buy out Timmay!!

This team is not going to be very competitive next year at all. It's like watching a relative waste away of cancer. It's happening before your eyes and there isn't anything you can do to stop it. Chitty feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                      Tough to get fired when you don't have a boss.
                      The way that the University of Maine chooses to conduct its searches and hirings for adminsitrators and coaches now is a complete JOKE. There's no way that these processes should be dragged out over 2 or 3 years like they are now. I wonder if other colleges and universities across the country operate like this.......or is this just another effed up "Maine way" of doing things???...........

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                        The way that the University of Maine chooses to conduct its searches and hirings for adminsitrators and coaches now is a complete JOKE. There's no way that these processes should be dragged out over 2 or 3 years like they are now. I wonder if other colleges and universities across the country operate like this.......or is this just another effed up "Maine way" of doing things???...........
                        I had typed up a long analogy that would have brought me some more negative rep from wally, but I'll save him some time and just say "Yes."

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                          I had typed up a long analogy that would have brought me some more negative rep from wally, but I'll save him some time and just say "Yes."
                          I don't believe I've repped you either way, ever, period I certainly didn't when you threw that political crap in here the other day
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                            NO DIRECTION...everyone can see it and shrug...what a TOTAL BUNCH of B.S.

Comment

Union's looking good. Watching these two teams just makes more angry about what Whitehead scrwwed up this year. He had better groceries than both theee teams.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                                Union's looking good. Watching these two teams just makes more angry about what Whitehead scrwwed up this year. He had better groceries than both theee teams.
                                But when you don't take care of them...they spoil and rot away...then there just good to throw away.

Comment

Working...
                                X