X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Off Season 2011

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    I've been watching Union for quite a while,but especially since Maine kicked-off their season there last year.

That sweep of Maine was not a fluke,and the difference was (mostly) the goaltending,but their forwards and D were better,too.

Somehow UC attracts top goalie prospects these days,while Maine does not,and you can look that up..Go figger.(And I have Union going deep in my FF pool,while Maine dusts off their clubs.)

The situation in Orono has gotten desperate.Tim did less with more than any coach in the history of the program this year.Bring in anyone you care to,it would likely be an improvement.

I honestly think that any one of us could just dump a bag of pucks on the ice,tell the guys to practice what they learned from their former coaches at the Junior level,and we'd see Maine win more games then they've won lately.
    It seemed like that at times,seeing most of the games...(dumping of the pucks/practice what they learned from someone else)...streaky play all the time under TW. One minute you wonder what the heck are they doing...then you say wow if they play like this all the time,they can beat anyone....but with TW at the helm...it's not that they can beat anyone,but LOSE to ANYONE.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
      I think that Montgomery needs 1 more year of seasoning as a head coach in the USHL. That should coincide nicely with another TIMMAY flop of a season in 2011-2012 when a buyout becomes a bit more realistic as only 2 years would remain on his contract and increased fan/donor pressure may be enough to get the "new" AD to make a move.
      It won't hurt Montgomery doing another season at Dubuque as Coach & GM,raise's his stock and will give the AD time to see what is going on at UM sports...the NEW AD has his hand's full,big time...I don't envy the position he or she will be coming in,lets hope that the NEW AD is worthy of the task,another Blake James and UM sports is in bigger trouble then we ever thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
        It won't hurt Montgomery doing another season at Dubuque as Coach & GM,raise's his stock and will give the AD time to see what is going on at UM sports...the NEW AD has his hand's full,big time...I don't envy the position he or she will be coming in,lets hope that the NEW AD is worthy of the task,another Blake James and UM sports is in bigger trouble then we ever thought.
        Problem possibly with Montgomery is that he could easily getted snapped up by another program and we miss our window of opportunity. Lets face it, Jim's next move will be a big one that will help define his future....so I expect it will be a move that he sees as a 10 year minimum....

I just wish ta phk that Whitehead would hit the road asap to make this whole process easier for everyone. The heat on him to pack up and get out of here is only gonna get more intense and more intense as time goes by.
        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
          I just wish ta phk that Whitehead would hit the road asap to make this whole process easier for everyone. The heat on him to pack up and get out of here is only gonna get more intense and more intense as time goes by.
          Wish in one hand and poop in the other. No one in their right mind would resign from a 175,000 a year in orono maine. You guys keep saying if he really loved the program he'd resign. He really loves the program and feels he can do the job so why would he resign. He's here for next year at the very minimum and I beleive at least 2 more years no matter what happens.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
            No doubt about that! He/she has to tackle the hockey issue first.....that is the most important revenue program at UMaine. If they lose the revenue generating capacity of that sport then all is lost.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Wish in one hand and poop in the other. No one in their right mind would resign from a 175,000 a year in orono maine. You guys keep saying if he really loved the program he'd resign. He really loves the program and feels he can do the job so why would he resign. He's here for next year at the very minimum and I beleive at least 2 more years no matter what happens.
              He really loves his paycheck........that's what he REALLY loves.

Comment

Problem possibly with Montgomery is that he could easily getted snapped up by another program and we miss our window of opportunity. Lets face it, Jim's next move will be a big one that will help define his future....so I expect it will be a move that he sees as a 10 year minimum....

Agreed. He may be able to let stuff roll off his shoulders, but I can't imagine that the next 3 years are gonna be fun for him or his family if the current trend continues. I'd be making alternate plans for 2012-2013 if I were him........he must know that he is DAM lucky to be working in Orono, Maine because if he were anywhere else that had the history that the UM program has, he would be canned.......I firmly believe that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
                  oh i would too but the way this program is head...maine would be screwed
                  Depending on the new hires at PC and Lowell, looks like we'll already have the worst coach in the league. maybe Toot could give him a run for his money. Those two teams come in, there's no chance at all of ever getting home ice. Maybe even making the playoffs if they keep them to eight teams.

Hell, i'd dump a bag of pucks on the ice, tell Corkum to run practice, and sit in my office playing Freecell, and they'd be better than what we've seen.
                  Last edited by rufus; 03-22-2011, 01:28 PM.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

House signs 2 year contract with Edmonton Oilers.

http://www.goblackbears.com/sports/m...201103225459zs
                    Curse of the Timmy

Comment

So TRUE...I see Montgomery coaching a Div.1 Team in 2 years or less.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Depending on the new hires at PC and Lowell, looks like we'll already have the worst coach in the league. maybe Toot could give him a run for his money. Those two teams come in, there's no chance at all of ever getting home ice. Maybe even making the playoffs if they keep them to eight teams.

Hell, i'd dump a bag of pucks on the ice, tell Corkum to run practice, and sit in my office playing Freecell, and they'd be better than what we've seen.
                        Maybe,just Maybe IF Corkum had more say then you would see a difference in the style of play,grit/hungry/passion for the sweater they wear with Maine on the front. But Mr. Control Freak won't allow that......but for sure the HEAT is on...that Maybe,just maybe...might be seen some next season.....

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                          Agreed. He may be able to let stuff roll off his shoulders, but I can't imagine that the next 3 years are gonna be fun for him or his family if the current trend continues. I'd be making alternate plans for 2012-2013 if I were him........he must know that he is DAM lucky to be working in Orono, Maine because if he were anywhere else that had the history that the UM program has, he would be canned.......I firmly believe that.
                          TW keeps saying he has THICK SKIN....well he'd better hope so,as the HEAT is on.

Comment

Ok this team completely destroyed two #1 seeds and a number #2 seed, this is ridiculous, I can't believe a team so good did so horribly, and with all of the "the future of Maine hockey is now" and the preseason expectations, this is embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              You're probably right,Wally,but for all the wrong reasons.

You,I,or just about anyone else I kinda-sorta know has some sense of responsibility regarding the quality of work we do,as in we at least meet the minimal expectations of the job in question.

Similarly,most of us would probably feel like we were stealing,if we were being paid well to fail miserably at our jobs,especially if it was a high-profile gig such as Tim has.Add on that his extension was a gift from an apparently disgruntled lame-duck, and more fuel is on the fire...Four years of futility is a big enough sample for anyone to figure this thing out.Even Tim.

I have very little pride myself,but even if I were Tim,I'd negotiate a reasonable settlement from UMO (maybe one year's salary),and then get out of the way of any possible progress.I wouldn't want to be remembered as the guy that dragged Maine down to perennial also-ran status.(Some legacy,right?) Furthermore,no one person should be allowed the leeway to destroy Black Bear hockey.

It's as Shawn said about the program(whether he meant it or not):This is for the people of Maine.

And it is.
                              Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-23-2011, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                                You're probably right,Wally,but for all the wrong reasons.

You,I,or just about anyone else I kinda-sorta know has some sense of responsibility regarding the quality of work we do,as in we at least meet the minimal expectations of the job in question.

Similarly,most of us would probably feel like we were stealing,if we were being paid well to fail miserably at our jobs,especially if it was a high-profile gig such as Tim has.Add on that his extension was a gift from an apparently disgruntled lame-duck, and more fuel is on the fire...Four years of futility is a big enough sample for anyone to figure this thing out.Even Tim.
                                I'll play along
                                Tim Army failed miserably, Blaise failed miserably,Timmay hasn't. They won more games than last year. The goaltending was the killer. Not sure you can blame Timmay that Darling turned out to be a lush. Darling plays and Maine gets in the NCAAs. So in his mind he did alright, its just that we interent craziez expect too much
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X