X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Off Season 2011

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Toot didn't work with Shawn
    UMass hasn't been the same since Dennehy's recruiting left to go to Merrimack. Coincidence? I think not. I'm very impressed with Leaman.

Comment

Anyone paying attention to Union? Nate Lehman former Asst under Shawn is done one heck of a job there. Their PP is killer, close to 31% or something stupid like that. Everyone talks about Jimmy, why not Nate?
      I think he's at the place he wants to be. Didn't Ohio State go after him..?

Comment

Latest "rumor"......talk of Notre Dame and Miami to Hockey East!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
          It was truly bizzarre when he said that nobody cared more about the program.
          If he cared that much about the program he would do what's best for it and quit.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleE View Post
            The average, per game attendence over the last 3 seasons is approximately 4,489. Maine maintained their sellout streak (5,641 at the time) over the majority of Tim's first 3 seasons. That's 1,152 fewer tickets per game

Let's not even factor in:
            --Not as many people are paying the additional donations for premium seating.
            --Over the last 3 years, Maine has offered group discount rates of $10 per ticket not previously offered
            --Season ticket rates have dropped from $19 per ticket to $18. Doesn't sound like a big deal. But if there were 3,000 season tickets held at 17 home games per year, that's over $150,000 in 3 years time.

So even if you assume all those attendees are paying "normal price", and you average single game tickets and season ticket holder tickets, and call the rate $19/ticket... And, for the sake of consistency, say the team averages 17 Home Games per year.

$19 x 1,152 tickets = $21,888 per game. Multiplied by 51 games over a 3 year span =

We're minus $1,116,288 in ticket revenue pace alone compared to Tim's first 3 years.

NOW, let's factor in...
            -concession sales. If each lost attendee would have paid $3 in concessions, thats another $175,000
            -merch sales. No real way to figure it, but do you suppose those are up or down?
            -Private Donations. We all know James ****ed off the Kings. How do you suppose our overall donations are faring?
            -Season ticket price drop. As I said, that figures in another 6 digit number.

SO HOW CAN WE BLAME OR EXCUSE IT??

Must be reflective of the poor economy?...

I don't buy it. The prospect of a bounce back year had ticket sales UP over 700 attendees per game this year compared to last. You suppose those numbers are going to jump again next year after this year's performance with seemingly elite talent? I don't. I expect them to drop, once again.

Tim's influence has lost this program well over 1 million dollars over the course of his last 3 years compared to his first 3 years. A team with so much talent lost or tied 12 games they led in this year - most of those leads or ties blown late. That's the equivalent of an NHL team losing 27 games they led in, late, and a traditionally proud hockey market seeing their revenue and interest flounder -- and for the first time since 2006/2007.... 'Next Year' has a more grim outlook than THIS year...and we didnt do ANYTHING this year.

The fact that this is tolerated by anyone is beyond me.
            Hopefully when the NEW AD is in place...send your FACT's to him with your name...FACT's don't LIE...

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
              I think he's at the place he wants to be. Didn't Ohio State go after him..?
              Ohio state is a huge University, hockey is obviously nothing there. Compare and contrast to Union or Maine. I don't know if he would be interested or not but I think he's a viable candidate, probably a better choice than an unproved Jimmy who everyone waxes poetic about.
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Ohio state is a huge University, hockey is obviously nothing there. Compare and contrast to Union or Maine. I don't know if he would be interested or not but I think he's a viable candidate, probably a better choice than an unproved Jimmy who everyone waxes poetic about.
                Maybe,Maybe not...I would take my chances with Montgomery anytime. I would hope and that would be IF a change ever happens at UM Hockey that they have several people on a list to be interviewed....like say a Red Gendron/Leeman/Montgomery...etc. say 6 to 3 then 1.

Comment

I think that Montgomery needs 1 more year of seasoning as a head coach in the USHL. That should coincide nicely with another TIMMAY flop of a season in 2011-2012 when a buyout becomes a bit more realistic as only 2 years would remain on his contract and increased fan/donor pressure may be enough to get the "new" AD to make a move.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                    Latest "rumor"......talk of Notre Dame and Miami to Hockey East!!!
                    maine would be screwed
                    Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Is this for real.........? Where are u getting your info ?

Comment

I agree with your post but.....Red Gendron...really?

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                        Maybe,Maybe not...I would take my chances with Montgomery anytime. I would hope and that would be IF a change ever happens at UM Hockey that they have several people on a list to be interviewed....like say a Red Gendron/Leeman/Montgomery...etc. say 6 to 3 then 1.
                        New Hampshire: only useful for connecting Maine to the rest of the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
                          maine would be screwed
                          Why's that? I'd love to see Maine play those 2 programs every season.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                            Why's that? I'd love to see Maine play those 2 programs every season.
                            oh i would too but the way this program is head...maine would be screwed
                            Curse of the Timmy

Comment

So is it 4 NCAA's in a row that they have missed? Something has to change and I have my feelings and thoughts but I want to see what happens in the weeks to come. What was the last staff to make consecutive NCAA tournament? Any of those guys still coaching?
                              "The proper time to do the proper thing is before you have to do it."

Comment

Anyone paying attention to Union? Nate Lehman former Asst under Shawn is done one heck of a job there. Their PP is killer, close to 31% or something stupid like that. Everyone talks about Jimmy, why not Nate?
                                I've been watching Union for quite a while,but especially since Maine kicked-off their season there last year.

That sweep of Maine was not a fluke,and the difference was (mostly) the goaltending,but their forwards and D were better,too.

Somehow UC attracts top goalie prospects these days,while Maine does not,and you can look that up..Go figger.(And I have Union going deep in my FF pool,while Maine dusts off their clubs.)

The situation in Orono has gotten desperate.Tim did less with more than any coach in the history of the program this year.Bring in anyone you care to,it would likely be an improvement.

I honestly think that any one of us could just dump a bag of pucks on the ice,tell the guys to practice what they learned from their former coaches at the Junior level,and we'd see Maine win more games then they've won lately.

Comment

Working...
                                X