This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Off Season 2011

No, he's still holding out hope that the commitee screwed up the math and that Maine will sneak in as a #4 seed.

Comment

Steve Solloway of the PPH slamming internet posters for criticizing UMaine coaches and suggesting that they resign/be fired due to poor career records and losing trends...........

http://www.pressherald.com/sports/ma...011-03-20.html

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        TIMMAY resigned yet?
        KEEP Hoping/Wishing,I am still....!!

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
          Steve Solloway of the PPH slamming internet posters for criticizing UMaine coaches and suggesting that they resign/be fired due to poor career records and losing trends...........

He tip-toed the issue's by placing the NEW AD as the solve all plan for UMaine Sports.

Comment

[QUOTE=sandiegoblkbr;5090717]Steve Solloway of the PPH slamming internet posters for criticizing UMaine coaches and suggesting that they resign/be fired due to poor career records and losing trends...........

http://www.pressherald.com/sports/ma...011-03-20.html[/QUOTE
            Just goes to show the small minded attitude these little newspapers have..He does have one point the AD has sucked for a long time(Sue( iam proud to claim hiring timmay without a national search), Nero (was a whistle stop)... Blake(I don't care who I pizz off because I am out of here and let's give timmay 3 more years to kill the program), .get a clue..Timmay suxs, Cindy stinks, Cosgrove(nice guy) is past his "prime" if he had one.....and who cares about mens BB, is that even a sport at Maine. Ideally Maine should be D2 in all sports but hockey and with the way they are going that might be a D3 sport if timmay stays another 3 years!!! So Steve any rebuttal for that, you can write your column in the Umaine school paper thats about where this article belongs!!!

Comment

How many hockey games did Steve watch his year? People's discontent with Timmy goes way beyond him fighting Cos for fundraising dollars. Talk about a rambling, pointless screed. Is the athletics problem at Maine systemic? Yes. Is Blake James to blame for that? Yes. However, I personally separate the hockey team from this. Beating the dead horse, Tim's team had talent this wintet and he failed to coach it up. That the team on hand never equaled or exceeded the sum of its parts falls on the leader, not a system or an old AD or a systemic visionary issue. Thats handing Whitehead an excuse that doesnt exist and that frankly he doesnt deserve.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                How many hockey games did Steve watch his year? People's discontent with Timmy goes way beyond him fighting Cos for fundraising dollars. Talk about a rambling, pointless screed. Is the athletics problem at Maine systemic? Yes. Is Blake James to blame for that? Yes. However, I personally separate the hockey team from this. Beating the dead horse, Tim's team had talent this wintet and he failed to coach it up. That the team on hand never equaled or exceeded the sum of its parts falls on the leader, not a system or an old AD or a systemic visionary issue. Thats handing Whitehead an excuse that doesnt exist and that frankly he doesnt deserve.
                +1, this is a Timmay problem. Thats not to say the athletic dept is A#1, its obvious its not. Tim had a chance to help the AD by getting his team in the NCAAs and getting the U some positive press but we all know what happened. Soloway must be afraid he'd get no access if he told the truth
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Tanner signs a 2 year deal with Edmonton, assigned to Oklahoma . Good for Tanner
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post

I don't think he was criticical, he was BEing realistic.

Firing Timmay is great, but then what? Someone needs to have a plan.

Comment

If he thinks its only the internet posters criticizing the coaches he doesn't have a clue. I'm sure there are plenty of people who talk about Whiteheads ineptness that never mention it on the internet.

When a new AD is chosen perhaps it should be policy that the AD not golf and have backyard barbecues with his coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleE View Post

The nutcases have a plan.....fire Timmy hire Jimmy.

Bring Grant with you!

Comment

Originally posted by BearPaw View Post
                          If he thinks its only the internet posters criticizing the coaches he doesn't have a clue. I'm sure there are plenty of people who talk about Whiteheads ineptness that never mention it on the internet.

When a new AD is chosen perhaps it should be policy that the AD not golf and have backyard barbecues with his coaches.
                          Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by TripleE View Post

Huh??? You mean like starting a search for a new head coach, bringing in candidates for interviews, etc??? Has it really become that bad where we don't have any common sense anymore????

Comment

And FINALLY........a writer with some common sense and honesty:

http://www.sunjournal.com/local-sports/story/1002613

Hooray for the Lewiston Sun Journal!!!

Comment

And FINALLY........a writer with some common sense and honesty:

http://www.sunjournal.com/local-sports/story/1002613

Hooray for the Lewiston Sun Journal!!!
                                It also can be found on BDN.
                                http://new.bangordailynews.com/2011/...ading-memory/#

Comment

Working...
                                X