X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Off Season 2011

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
    rufus, can I please buy you a beer sometime?
    you and I think SO much alike in so many ways!!!

although we have slightly different opinions on Bellamy, Damon, and the butterfly twins....SLIGHTLY

I have NO IDEA how Tim does not understand what a "good" penalty is... Duffy used to clear out the crease (NOT GET CALLED) and get benched.
    Hey Rufus take him up on the beer! KIA is actually more sane in person than on these boards and he and I don't agree on much of anything and have called each other all kinds of bad names on this forum!

Comment

So the Big Ten hockey conference is becoming a reality.........I'm hopeful that this will open up more non-conference scheduling opportunities for Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
        Hey Rufus take him up on the beer! KIA is actually more sane in person than on these boards and he and I don't agree on much of anything and have called each other all kinds of bad names on this forum!
        just don't tell him that I give Christmas presents.

sane... jiminy jillickers! nobody has EVER called me sane to my face...
        are you sure we've met?

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
          So the Big Ten hockey conference is becoming a reality.........I'm hopeful that this will open up more non-conference scheduling opportunities for Maine.
          Good observation.There will likely be plenty of open dates for both the BTHC and WCHA teams to fill.

Question is:are the better teams going to be interested in scheduling a "pack" team like Maine,except for holiday tournament cannon-fodder?
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-17-2011, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            Yes, but they changed the rules on obstruction and interference since then, so now TIMMAY has them play like this because we don't want to take penalties now, do we?

It's funny, cause it seems like they take plenty of penalties hitting guys who don't even have the puck, or hitting and scrumming after the whistle, or boarding and hitting from behind in the offensive zone, but we just can't have them taking down or holding guys who have the puck on their stick in the slot, five feet from the goal, or breaking in alone on the goaltender. That's just unacceptable.
            There's that,for sure...But what burns my %$$ the most is how often certain guys passed/skated the puck through the low slot in heavy traffic,and how easily Maine conceded the blue line on the rush.

Physicality aside,there was just too much lousy decision-making by the D,especially in light of the shaky 'tending behind them.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              There's that,for sure...But what burns my %$$ the most is how often certain guys passed/skated the puck through the low slot in heavy traffic,and how easily Maine conceded the blue line on the rush.

Physicality aside,there was just too much lousy decision-making by the D,especially in light of the shaky 'tending behind them.
              IF there isn't any changes to Maine's style of play and with TW at the helm that is a certain... then there will be continued BAD Hockey in store for all of us to face over and over....huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                just don't tell him that I give Christmas presents.

sane... jiminy jillickers! nobody has EVER called me sane to my face...
                are you sure we've met?
                Your correct I should have rephrased that sane part! But note I only said "more sane", should have said not as insane!

Comment

One thing about Larrys article it generated a lot of comments
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    One thing about Larrys article it generated a lot of comments
                    Basically the same comments seen here, some of the same posters I bet. The difference being a different forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                      Basically the same comments seen here, some of the same posters I bet. The difference being a different forum.
                      Compared to the right-wing, borderline racist whackjobs that usually post on BDN articles, this was a step up. But yes, the presence of at least a high school level of grammar and diction were a dead giveaway that there were outside posters there.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                        Compared to the right-wing, borderline racist whackjobs that usually post on BDN articles, this was a step up. But yes, the presence of at least a high school level of grammar and diction were a dead giveaway that there were outside posters there.
                        Is this called for in a hockey thread?, take your political views and head to the cafe where they belong
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Friends of Maine Hockey is once again sponsoring the annual banquet on Friday, May 6th at Jeff's Catering in Brewer. They will be having the usual auction and the social hour begins at 5:30. Nice way to honor the seniors. Just a "heads up", I'm sure there will be more info coming.

Comment

FWIW....What IF Interim A.D. Abbott puts his name in for the permanent position and gets the job..? Does he put the HEAT on Whitehead..?

Comment

Dave Nomis has been named GM of Team Canada's WJC team for 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                                FWIW....What IF Interim A.D. Abbott puts his name in for the permanent position and gets the job..? Does he put the HEAT on Whitehead..?

i believe abbott went on record when he took the position that he was not interested in the ad job on a permanent basis...

Comment

Working...
                                X