X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Off Season 2011

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
    We're gonna disagree sharply here...Abbot does handle the puck well...hes calm and collected with it. He has a very hard and accurate shot and sees the ice well. I'll give ya a lack of physicality but the guy imo can play....and I see no reason for him to bolt....too small and cud use an extra year in college. Same with Flynn...hes going no where.
    Abbott is undrafted, how is his stock going to be higher playing with next years team?
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

As far as Maine getting players, half of them live around here when they're done and are married to Maine girls. So something most work for those that play at Orono
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Abbott is undrafted, how is his stock going to be higher playing with next years team?
        More strength, more speed and less hawkey sense.
        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          As far as Maine getting players, half of them live around here when they're done and are married to Maine girls. So something most work for those that play at Orono
          You mean they're not moving into Boston, with all those things to do, after getting married ??!! Preposterous I tellya !!!

Comment

@KIA to me abbott just seems to have hockey sense and more of a knack for the game that might be developed, comparitively to Flynn. My point was less that Abbott is ready to leave and more, if one of the two goes it won't be Flynn.

He seemed to be able to evade defenders 5x5, had nice vision with Beattie. I agree he shouldnt be on point on pp...a pro coach won't put him there.
            Last edited by BoSox3066; 03-13-2011, 06:36 PM.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt View Post
              I was making the trip from Dover, NH (about 8 minutes from UNH) to the Alfond. Spending too much money to watch the product on the ice. Way too many 3+hour drives being pizzed off.
              I agree dirt, I live in Jonesport which is 2 hours one way to Orono. I wont be renewing my tickets...thats money I could be using for something more important. H*** with the money I spent on 4 seats and road trips I could have built 50-75 lobster traps. Oh well, probably for the best my gear needs some updating anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                be careful with the cheating allegations there are some of us who know what goes on behind the scenes at BC, but just do not yammer about it. speaking of Motherwell and O'Hanley... how come jerry kicked them off the team? and why didn't it happen sooner?
                see, I already know... I just want it made public... I am sick of hearing how Maine cheats or cheated
                LOL

KnowItAll...perfect name. Just another hokydad.

I think you're on to something though...my sources tell me York committed major NCAA violations but was never caught

Comment

be careful with the cheating allegations there are some of us who know what goes on behind the scenes at BC, but just do not yammer about it. speaking of Motherwell and O'Hanley... how come jerry kicked them off the team? and why didn't it happen sooner?
                  the key words in this post are 'some of us', obviously none of them being you.. because if you knew what they did, you would know a) it wasnt cheating and b) they were removed from the team immediately.. as in they didnt even play the second game of the icebreaker that year.

but yes, somehow that is the exact same thing as maine's continued culture of cheating under shawn walsh.

fun fact: BC lost the only game that year that o'hanley and motherwell played, and won the national championship without them.. obviously the real cheaters weren't caught!!
                  “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                  Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                  Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                  National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

http://vimeo.com/20973278

Better luck next year guys!

Comment

#3 BU is defeated by #6 NU. Let's see, BU loses last year in semi-final at the Garden and doesn't make the tournament. This year BU can't get out of the quarter-final round and probably won't make the tournament. There are Maine fans on this thread who would be calling for Parker's "head" if he were coaching Maine
                      Last edited by Runsub5; 03-13-2011, 08:57 PM. Reason: Quarter not semi. My mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                        #3 BU is defeated by #6 NU. Let's see, BU loses last year in semi-final at the Garden and doesn't make the tournament. This year BU can't get out of the semi-final round and probably won't make the tournament. There are Maine fans on this thread who would be calling for Parker's "head" if he were coaching Maine
                        hmmmmmm....yeah but, BU is a young team this year, Maine is supposed to be a grisled veteran team with last years Hobey runnerup....big difference. Fail Whitehead. BU just recently won a NC....Whitehead hasnt seen an NCAA game for 4 yearz running...Fail Whitehead

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                          #3 BU is defeated by #6 NU. Let's see, BU loses last year in semi-final at the Garden and doesn't make the tournament. This year BU can't get out of the quarter-final round and probably won't make the tournament. There are Maine fans on this thread who would be calling for Parker's "head" if he were coaching Maine
                          Parker has done less with more then any other coach in the country over the last decade. Sure he won a NC in 08-09 with a team so talented even he couldn't blow it, but for the most part he has done nothing except underachieve over the last decade with the talent he's had. The difference is he can still get talent and luck into a season like 08-09 every now and then Whitehead can't even get the talent.
                          Last edited by Hockeypuck; 03-13-2011, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
                            Parker has done less with more then any other coach in the country over the last decade. Sure he won a NC in 08-09 with a team so talented even he couldn't blow it, but for the most part he has done nothing except underachieve over the last decade with the talent he's had. The difference is he can still get talent and luck into a season like 08-09 every now and then Whitehead can't even get the talent.
                            yup and he develops them into NHLers and AHLers MANY, MANY NHLers and AHLers.

Timmy and Grant developed Mike Lundin, and I can give some credit to TImmy for developing Gustav, but is he really better than when he got to Orono?
                            Last edited by KnowItAll; 03-13-2011, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                              the key words in this post are 'some of us', obviously none of them being you.. because if you knew what they did, you would know a) it wasnt cheating and b) they were removed from the team immediately.. as in they didnt even play the second game of the icebreaker that year.

but yes, somehow that is the exact same thing as maine's continued culture of cheating under shawn walsh.

fun fact: BC lost the only game that year that o'hanley and motherwell played, and won the national championship without them.. obviously the real cheaters weren't caught!!
                              well, you missed the operative words "or really illegal" I am ASSUMING that you are not believing the lies about how they were "hitting on" the "wrong girl" or the "wrong person's" relative...and yeah, I know exactly what they did and who caught them, and how.. and that the only reason they were forced form the team is because BC was forced to get rid of them "immediately" once they were caught... they could have been tossed a long prior... had they not been "caught"

I do not know why I bother with you steve, you are the one remaining pinhead who is just plain clueless
                              Last edited by KnowItAll; 03-13-2011, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                LOL

KnowItAll...perfect name. Just another hokydad.

I think you're on to something though...my sources tell me York committed major NCAA violations but was never caught
                                I would be honored to be put in a class with hokeydad... he knows more about this game, the teams in the nation and hockey in general than almost everyone on this board ever will.
                                but keep on poo pooing the people who know what they are talking about... you are outing yourself

Comment

Working...
                                X