X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Off Season 2011

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
    help me out here.. because it is the day to be negative... but besides a cannon (that is NOT Rodriguesque) what does Abbott bring to the table?
    he cannot take a hit
    he cannot back check
    he cannot set plays (give and go),
    he cannot stick handle
    he cannot keep the puck in at the point on the pp and he is the cause of 9 short handed goals THIS SEASON (maybe not all 9)
    he never hits (probably not his fault)
    he has NO IDEA whether he is passing to a righty or a lefty...
    he has a great, accurate one timer... that will do well in europe, maybe, but not in the AHL
    We're gonna disagree sharply here...Abbot does handle the puck well...hes calm and collected with it. He has a very hard and accurate shot and sees the ice well. I'll give ya a lack of physicality but the guy imo can play....and I see no reason for him to bolt....too small and cud use an extra year in college. Same with Flynn...hes going no where.
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      I'm just figuring that at some point, his self-preservation instincts would kick in and he'd realize things either have to change, or his cushy high paying job is history. The AD and school Prez should make that abundently clear to him. Then he might just decide that letting other people input into the team, and teaching a few things, might just save his azz for a few more years. Then, once he's all comfy and secure again, he can go back to the methods that have gained him so much success over the past four years.

But I don't really expect anything to happen until his azz gets shown the door. I'm just tired of seeing his hang-dog mug after every WABI broadcast, makes me want to throw stuff at the TV.
      I was JUST telling someone about a play that one of Maine's opponents performed and how I told Shawn about it before Maien played them... Shawn listened, he said he would counter it.
      He listened to a "fan" who he did not know from adam.

Tim on the other hand would not listen to Grant, he would not listen to Guy, he does not listen to the boosters about anything... he hears every word a person says, be he does not listen to any of it.
      I just read that the difference between humans and everything else, is that Humans can listen... everything else just hears.

He will be gone soon, I think that that letter that was handed out has had quite an effect up in penobscot county... I just looked at one of my posts from October, stating that the arena was half filled for opening weekend and that there were tickets available for the UND series right up till game time... UNH was not a sell out
      this is not acceptable, and it is not "the economy"
      Maine had about 50 fans out in Amherst last weekend... and Merrimack was only about 1/8 Maine fans... that place used to be known as Alfond South

revoman was smart

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
        I will give Chris one thing. You most surely CANNOT run a subway trolley into mama's suv in Orono, Maine. Guaranteed !!
        is it cuz suv's that ain't got no wheels cant get near dem fancy train tracks??
        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
          see, I already know... I just want it made public... I am sick of hearing how Maine cheats or cheated
          haha...in an arguement with anyone BC or UHN, its their last line of defense....quite comical....beyond that, they have nothing. Its so old, and hardly used now, as to be mostly useless. Kind of like a fighter trying to take another swing on his way down to the mat.

Comment

We're gonna disagree sharply here...Abbot does handle the puck well...hes calm and collected with it. He has a very hard and accurate shot and sees the ice well. I'll give ya a lack of physicality but the guy imo can play....and I see no reason for him to bolt....too small and cud use an extra year in college. Same with Flynn...hes going no where.
            I don't really wanna play knowitall here... I really want to know waht people see in him...
            if Leveille was tossed around like a rag doll in the AHL, I do not think that Abott brings anything to the table... I just don't see it.... except the accurate shot.... I know that his shot is special.. better than Moore, better than anyone on the current team... but it is nowhere NEAR Maury Edwards's shot, not in speed and not in speed of getting it off.

i do agree that he is poised with the puck, except at point on the PP...

keenan hopson also had an accurate shot, not as hard as Abbott, but ...

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
              is it cuz suv's that ain't got no wheels cant get near dem fancy train tracks??
              Nope. Try again

Comment

Remember everyone, this year's slogan was "The future of Maine hockey is now!" well I believe this was spot on!! This is the future of Maine hockey. I will not be renewing my season tickets this year. I will still support and follow the team, but no $$ until changes are made.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt View Post
                  Remember everyone, this year's slogan was "The future of Maine hockey is now!" well I believe this was spot on!! This is the future of Maine hockey. I will not be renewing my season tickets this year. I will still support and follow the team, but no $$ until changes are made.
                  I believe many fans will do exactly the same.
                  Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Bravo Bistro !

In other newz, da Bearz need to losemore QF games. This board/thread hasnt been this lively in decades.

I wonder what next years slogan will be: "Onward and Upward!" "Rebuilding for the Future !"

Edit....I ditched my season tickets about 4 years ago now I guess it wuz....mostly for a move to southern Maine, but I wudnt have held them regardless....seeing the product on the ice making multiple lame mistakes over and over really turned me off.

Comment

haha...in an arguement with anyone BC or UHN, its their last line of defense....quite comical....beyond that, they have nothing. Its so old, and hardly used now, as to be mostly useless. Kind of like a fighter trying to take another swing on his way down to the mat.
                      well now that maine is so bad, the cheater card has kind of lost its luster. "cheat to lose" just doesn't have that same ring to it.
                      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

I think I said it the last 2 years... when you do that, please tell the athletic office WHY, so that Timmy cannot keep saying that it is the economy.

also, you might want to throw in that you are not pleased that $3 of EVERY TICKET sold goes to his gigantic-for-penobscot-county salary

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                          well now that maine is so bad, the cheater card has kind of lost its luster. "cheat to lose" just doesn't have that same ring to it.
                          right and this is why I brought up Jerrys' very late response to Motherwell and O'Hanley... Maine's lack of insitutional control and BC's winning of late

Comment

We lost the pinheads. Anyone seen the pinheads? Yoooohooooo
                            We luv em, we need em, and we can't live without em.

Comment

Bravo Bistro !

In other newz, da Bearz need to losemore QF games. This board/thread hasnt been this lively in decades.

I wonder what next years slogan will be: "Onward and Upward!" "Rebuilding for the Future !"

Edit....I ditched my season tickets about 4 years ago now I guess it wuz....mostly for a move to southern Maine, but I wudnt have held them regardless....seeing the product on the ice making multiple lame mistakes over and over really turned me off.
                              I was making the trip from Dover, NH (about 8 minutes from UNH) to the Alfond. Spending too much money to watch the product on the ice. Way too many 3+hour drives being pizzed off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirt View Post
                                I was making the trip from Dover, NH (about 8 minutes from UNH) to the Alfond. Spending too much money to watch the product on the ice. Way too many 3+hour drives being pizzed off.
                                Now THAT is a fan!

Comment

Working...
                                X