X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Off Season 2011

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    It's not exactly an allegation. Nice try turning things to another topic though.
    you are right... but when you single Maine out for cheating, it sort of presumes that just because other teams were not caught, they were not cheating, or breaking laws, big time. lack of institutional oversight was thrown at Maine... but not at BC

Motherwell and O'Hanley and what made jerry finally get rid of them??? just asking...
    Last edited by KnowItAll; 03-13-2011, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
      Maine fanz lower expectations......lololololol. That'll never happen. At least not real Maine fans. Nice try though.
      you are 100% correct..this is what kills me about runsub... not a fan, not in the least

that said... are we ever gonna get the USCHO poster who threw Shawn under the bus during the NCAA investigations to stand up and take a bow? It is ODD that he had the nads to do that and attach his name to the things he said about his boss and about the university, but he does not have the nads to do it on an anonymous forum

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
        you are right... but when you single Maine out for cheating, it sort of presumes that just because other teams were not caught, they were not cheating, or breaking laws, big time. lack of institutional oversight was thrown at Maine... but not at BC

Motherwell and O'Hanley and what made jerry finally get rid of them??? just asking... I mean I can also ask good Mr. Kelley in the information director's office... Dick and I go way back.
        I surely dont know the story on these two guys, but wuzznt Motherwell caught for using a false identity to buy chit with or something similar? I have no interest in following BC hawkey players off ice antics, but I assume you have some much larger dirt on their program to share.
        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
          By far, his bread and butter players were Canadian, with the occasional MA or NY kid thrown in there as well.
          Golden (NH/MA?)
          McHugh (Maine)
          J. Capuano/D. Capuano (RI)
          Weinrich (Maine)
          Delguidice (MA/RI?)
          Peter Ferraro/Chris Ferraro (NY)
          Cal Ingraham (MA)
          Bob Corkum (MA)
          Peter Metcalf (MA)
          Chris Imes (MN)

Yeah......."occasional". You really know your stuff!!! Collar up!

Comment

the part that you are missing is that the assistants do exactly what he tells them to do... no more and no less.
            I'm just figuring that at some point, his self-preservation instincts would kick in and he'd realize things either have to change, or his cushy high paying job is history. The AD and school Prez should make that abundently clear to him. Then he might just decide that letting other people input into the team, and teaching a few things, might just save his azz for a few more years. Then, once he's all comfy and secure again, he can go back to the methods that have gained him so much success over the past four years.

But I don't really expect anything to happen until his azz gets shown the door. I'm just tired of seeing his hang-dog mug after every WABI broadcast, makes me want to throw stuff at the TV.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

FWIW i dont see Flynn going anywhere. Had a mediocre year from what I saw. Gus is will be gone by Tuesday, Abbott is good enough to go but will he?

Far as expctations go, look at preseason poll. This team did not equal the sum of its parts. All I ask as a fan is a team that lives up to its potential. Its one thing if the oarts arent there, this year they were. Its a performance business. This performance is unacceptable.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                I hear what you're saying, but the players do go to Sox, Bruins games, etc, they do go clubbing and they do go into the big city for a good time. So while it may not be the biggest draw, I do think it attracts a lot of players.
                That's what attracts YOU to the city. Hockey players will go to the ends of the Earth to play good hockey (see Canada for examples). I think that you are confusing YOUR pathetic life with the priorities of college hockey recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                  I will give Chris one thing. You most surely CANNOT run a subway trolley into mama's suv in Orono, Maine. Guaranteed !!
                  Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                    Golden (NH/MA?)
                    McHugh (Maine)
                    J. Capuano/D. Capuano (RI)
                    Weinrich (Maine)
                    Delguidice (MA/RI?)
                    Peter Ferraro/Chris Ferraro (NY)
                    Cal Ingraham (MA)
                    Bob Corkum (MA)
                    Peter Metcalf (MA)
                    Chris Imes (MN)

Yeah......."occasional". You really know your stuff!!! Collar up!
                    Technically, wuzznt Imes a mainuh having been born, I wanna say, somewhere around south Paris? Anyway, its yet another typical Chris cycle of coming on our thread, trying to act civilized, losing his cool halfway through a discussion then leaving when the heat gets turned up...lol. You gotta luv it...predictable, yes. Wait,wait,,,before he finally leaves this is about where he takes his parting shot: "enjoy becoming the next Lake State", or "you wont win 10 games next season", or " Maine hockey will be battling team X for the cellar next year"......its 3 year old behavior personified. And this guy went to BC? I feel sorry for those around him at the time. Collar UP !!

And technically Chris Drury was born in Bangor....but he went to that concrete jungle skool BU....right down the street from the federal penitentiary known as BC
                    Last edited by acs64; 03-13-2011, 04:36 PM.
                    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Obviously Dumoulin is the real deal but perhaps we should wait to for Billet to show up at BC and actually do something before we put that as a strike against Whitehead, no?
                      No doubt, but again my point being that a Maine kid(a goalie at that) with D1 potential out of the gate should not be going to BC without a fight. I grew up in Maine, played since I was 3, played through high school and if I would've even had an ounce of talent to go D1, it was without question that it would be to Maine to play for Shawn Walsh. Even though he's at BC, I hope he does well. It's just how we are being from Maine.

Comment

Whatever you say Jeff.
                        Collar up, pinhead.

Comment

Motherwell and O'Hanley and what made jerry finally get rid of them??? just asking...
                          You REALLY think that the Alter Boys are gonna kiss n' tell?

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                            FWIW i dont see Flynn going anywhere. Had a mediocre year from what I saw. Gus is will be gone by Tuesday, Abbott is good enough to go but will he?

Far as expctations go, look at preseason poll. This team did not equal the sum of its parts. All I ask as a fan is a team that lives up to its potential. Its one thing if the oarts arent there, this year they were. Its a performance business. This performance is unacceptable.
                            help me out here.. because it is the day to be negative... but besides a cannon (that is NOT Rodriguesque) what does Abbott bring to the table?
                            he cannot take a hit
                            he cannot back check
                            he cannot set plays (give and go),
                            he cannot stick handle
                            he cannot keep the puck in at the point on the pp and he is the cause of 9 short handed goals THIS SEASON (maybe not all 9)
                            he never hits (probably not his fault)
                            he has NO IDEA whether he is passing to a righty or a lefty...
                            he has a great, accurate one timer... that will do well in europe, maybe, but not in the AHL

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                              You REALLY think that the Alter Boys are gonna kiss n' tell?
                              see, I already know... I just want it made public... I am sick of hearing how Maine cheats or cheated

Comment

8 more to 200!!!..........

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=186978081078

Comment

Working...
                                X