Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Quarterfinal: Norwich @ Plattsburgh 3/12

Third time a charm for Norwich?

Or will the Cardinals complete the clean sweep of the Cadets with all three wins coming at the Stafford.

This will be Parker Carroll's first go around facing Plattsburgh.

Something has to give, Parker Carroll's unbeaten streak, or Plattsburgh's perfect sweep of Norwich.

Anyone know when the last time a team beat Norwich three times in one season or three times in a row for that matter and their name wasn't Middlebury?

Re: NCAA Quarterfinal: Norwich @ Plattsburgh 3/12

Yaayyy - ANOTHER Plattsburgh Thread!!!!
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Dunning View Post
      Anyone know when the last time a team beat Norwich three times in one season or three times in a row for that matter and their name wasn't Middlebury?
      Now that is something worth looking up
      Steve Day(NU71)
      Go Cadets

Comment

It should be a donnybrook!
        Plattsburgh State Cardinals
        1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
        21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

When are tickets going on sale at Norwich for the Plattsburgh game Saturday night and how many are reserved for Norwich fans? I hear a bus is going from Wick, but I am planning on spending the night with my brother's family. Hope there will be a good crowd for Norwich, I want us to be heard loud and clear, just like it's been at Kreitzberg This is going to be an awesome game and will be Parker Carroll's first time facing P-burgh (and that may make a big difference on the outcome of this "must win" game). Please, someone let me know about the tickets I have to be at work from 8 AM-4 PM, and may need to find someone to get 2 tickets for me, depending on what time they go on sale and how many tickets there are.
          Congratulations Norwich, a great win tonight
          There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Or will the Cardinals complete the clean sweep of the Cadets with all three wins coming at the Stafford.

Something has to give, Parker Carroll's unbeaten streak, or Plattsburgh's perfect sweep of Norwich.

Jan. 9, 2007 Plattsburgh 4 – Norwich 2
            Nov. 24, 2007 Plattsburgh 5 – Norwich 3
            Jan. 8, 2008 Plattsburgh 3 – Norwich 2

Nov. 28, 2008 Plattsburgh 3 – Norwich 3
            Jan. 6, 2009 Plattsburgh 3 – Norwich 1
            Last edited by norm1909; 03-09-2011, 10:49 PM.
            Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
              When are tickets going on sale at Norwich for the Plattsburgh game Saturday night and how many are reserved for Norwich fans? I hear a bus is going from Wick, but I am planning on spending the night with my brother's family. Hope there will be a good crowd for Norwich, I want us to be heard loud and clear, just like it's been at Kreitzberg This is going to be an awesome game and will be Parker Carroll's first time facing P-burgh (and that may make a big difference on the outcome of this "must win" game). Please, someone let me know about the tickets I have to be at work from 8 AM-4 PM, and may need to find someone to get 2 tickets for me, depending on what time they go on sale and how many tickets there are.
              Congratulations Norwich, a great win tonight
              Norwich was given an allotment of 297 tickets tonight by Plattsburgh Athletic Director Bruce Delventhal.

Some of that will be given to the Blue Line Club for the bus and another block will go to the Norwich parents and families. The rest will go on sale tomorrow at some point to the general public. I'll post details when I find them out tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                Jan. 9, 2007 Plattsburgh 4 – Norwich 2
                Nov. 24, 2007 Plattsburgh 5 – Norwich 3
                Jan. 8, 2008 Plattsburgh 3 – Norwich 2
                Any time its happened in one season oh great norm?

Comment

It's not like they are in the same conference
                  Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Tell me - how many opponents do they typically play more than once in a regular season other than Plattsburgh and Midd? They played Castleton twice this, but beyond that...?

Plattsburgh regularly plays all of their conference opponents twice, along with Wick and Midd. That's plenty more opportunity to get beat thrice in season. How many times has it been done to them?

Sorry, but by saying it has rarely/never happened, you're not really saying anything because Norwich's conference scheduling significantly reduces the chances of it happening.
                    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                      Tell me - how many opponents do they typically play more than once in a regular season other than Plattsburgh and Midd? They played Castleton twice this, but beyond that...?

Plattsburgh regularly plays all of their conference opponents twice, along with Wick and Midd. That's plenty more opportunity to get beat thrice in season. How many times has it been done to them?

Sorry, but by saying it has rarely/never happened, you're not really saying anything because Norwich's conference scheduling significantly reduces the chances of it happening.
                      I was more referring to back in the old days when games weren't so limited...playoff series were a two game format...
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Gotta beat the champs to be the champs!!!! Lets goooo cards

Comment

96-Played during regular season, and then 2 NCAA games. In the year of the vacated title, I believe Platttsburgh won the mini-game to advance, so 3 games that year plus a little...
                          Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                            96-Played during regular season, and then 2 NCAA games. In the year of the vacated title, I believe Platttsburgh won the mini-game to advance, so 3 games that year plus a little...
                            But never a 3 game sweep. We had a few cases back in the past of playing teams 3 times, but never did we get the hat trick in losses (based on a quick scan of the media guide).
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

well according to the bird fans last yr it almost impossible to beat a team 3 times in a row, yes it is but it has a will be done......this should be a GREAT game, good luck with St louis ;-0

Comment

Working...
                              X