NCAA Quarterfinal: Norwich @ Plattsburgh 3/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Quarterfinal: Norwich @ Plattsburgh 3/12

Congratulations to Norwich Hockey for a 3-2 (OT) win and getting the monkey of their back and winning @ Stafford for the first time since 2003. 2003 was also the year Norwich beat Oswego @ Norwich for the Championship. Only Adrian and St Norbert are in the way for rematch of the 2003 game.
    Parker Carroll continues his unbeaten streak to 14-02. Two more games to go Parker.
    Nice to look over and see Norwich President Schneider standing up and waving his arms to get the Norwich faithful on their feet and the cheering for his boys. Was also interesting seeing a Stafford Staff member coming down the aisle to talk to the Pres & his wife after one of the Norwich goals. I wonder if the Pres was pounding on the glass?
    Glad to see Plattsburgh came through with Plan B webcast. Plattsburgh did a great job hosting the game. Look forward to seeing Plattsburgh next November @ Middlebury for the Primlink Shootout.

Comment

How sweet it is DOWN GOES PLATTSBURG. And yes the Norwich fans where there, lead by their leader President Schneider who was fantastic.I can say that we Norwich fans where definetly a class ahead of the platty fans in getting up and cheering when our CADETS where facing off in front of us. They the players felt it,and scored the OT winner in front of us.You could feel the game coming to Norwich in the 3rd period and OT What a play Forkey to Chad Anderson the captian to win it.

Comment

Originally posted by NU 10 View Post
        How sweet it is DOWN GOES PLATTSBURG. And yes the Norwich fans where there, lead by their leader President Schneider who was fantastic.I can say that we Norwich fans where definetly a class ahead of the platty fans in getting up and cheering when our CADETS where facing off in front of us. They the players felt it,and scored the OT winner in front of us.You could feel the game coming to Norwich in the 3rd period and OT What a play Forkey to Chad Anderson the captian to win it.
        Maybe if you learned how to spell it.... Of course you felt it....its not often you get handed a game on a silver platter....give it a break..."how sweet it is"....please.....Maybe Jones does taste that good
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
          That was one of the worst calls I have ever seen....they absolutely put away the whistles for the entire third period and the first 15 minutes of overtime. Then, all of a sudden, it's an interference call in the neutral zone? I thought the Norwich player had the puck and it was an absolutely legal check. Nothing like deciding to determine the outcome of the game. Absolutely brutal call and this game deserved a legitimate ending.
          I couldn't agree more with what you've said. It is a total injustice to the Plattsburgh Cardinals. There were many other non-calls that could have put Norwich in the box but it didn't happen. Everyone around me said after the third period that if they decide to let them play, then fine as long as it goes both ways. It is just a shame to not let these two, great, outstanding teams finish this the right way, full strength, and let the chips fall where they may. Having said all that, I congratulate the Cadets and wish them success in Minn. To our Cardinals, don't hang your heads. To quote, McShane," This is the best team we have played all year".

Comment

Wasn't it the same official who called a trip against Pasha Kozhokan to give Plattsburgh a 5 on 3 when down by a goal? If it was a trip, it should also have been a dive. As far as the interference, I could not see the play on that board to know.
            Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
              Wasn't it the same official who called a trip against Pasha Kozhokan to give Plattsburgh a 5 on 3 when down by a goal? If it was a trip, it should also have been a dive. As far as the interference, I could not see the play on that board to know.
              Your calling a marginal call in the 2nd period to something in OT of a NCAA Quater Final?? Enjoy your moment, but heres to someone winning the Championship who deserves to be there not because of a marginal call....
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                Your calling a marginal call in the 2nd period to something in OT of a NCAA Quater Final?? Enjoy your moment, but heres to someone winning the Championship who deserves to be there not because of a marginal call....
                Without that call, there might be no ot, right?
                Last year, halfway through the the 2nd ot in the national final, after 50 minutes since last call, a trip against Chad Anderson.
                Go 'Wick!

Comment

Without that call, there might be no ot, right?
                  Last year, halfway through the the 2nd ot in the national final, after 50 minutes since last call, a trip against Chad Anderson.
                  And that was to prevent a scoring chance...big difference...especially one where the player Kudo hit was right near the puck...so how it was interference is beyond me

So I guess all off Norwich's goals shouldn't have counted because those penalties shouldnt have been called...I mean Norwich would have been shut out then....give me a break Jerry you and all your AARP members know **** well that was a ****** poor call....go SNC....
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

And that was to prevent a scoring chance...big difference...especially one where the player Kudo hit was right near the puck...so how it was interference is beyond me

So I guess all off Norwich's goals shouldn't have counted because those penalties shouldnt have been called...I mean Norwich would have been shut out then....give me a break Jerry you and all your AARP members know **** well that was a ****** poor call....go SNC....
                    As I said, I could not see the play on the boards from where I sat. I did have a good view of the other one. You have your opinion of the call, but even Bob wasn't any more irate on the bench over it than any other call.
                    Go 'Wick!

Comment

• Re: NCAA Quarterfinal: Norwich @ Plattsburgh 3/12

As I said, I could not see the play on the boards from where I sat. I did have a good view of the other one. You have your opinion of the call, but even Bob wasn't any more irate on the bench over it than any other call.
                      Apparantly you didn't hear after the game or read the paper......
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Apparantly you didn't hear after the game or read the paper......
                        Nope, did not listen to after the game. Did read the paper, saw that the reporter didn't like the call. What I said was that the coach didn't seem overly irate on the bench about it.
                        Go 'Wick!

Comment

Nope, did not listen to after the game. Did read the paper, saw that the reporter didn't like the call. What I said was that the coach didn't seem overly irate on the bench about it.
                          I guess you missed him almost jumping off the bench to get at Jones..... I have no problem with a penalty being called if it was an obvious call on a scoring chance. how you call something like that in the neutral zone at that point in the game is beyond me.
                          Jim Reisdorf
                          Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Stop whining. The better team won. Norwich Power Play is money in the bank. I say they repeat. Great job as usual by Coach McShane. Losers whine about bad calls. Plattsburgh should have scored more goals then they would not have been in this position. Show a little class.

Comment

"It's a shame the game and our season ended that way," said an emotional Plattsburgh State head coach Bob Emery. "This is the worst I've felt as a coach.

"I feel bad for our 24 players. They gave everything they had and followed the game plan. I felt we dominated a lot of the game and I didn't know what to say to the team.
                              Emery can not publically bash on the reffs, but I'm sure you will think he is talking about something other then that.........Had Norwich won 5 on 5 or even an honroable PP goal no one would complain. Norwich deserved to win better just as Plattsburgh deserved to lose better.
                              Remy Babineaux
                              remyb616@gmail.com
                              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by LoudHorns31 View Post
                                I guess you missed him almost jumping off the bench to get at Jones..... I have no problem with a penalty being called if it was an obvious call on a scoring chance. how you call something like that in the neutral zone at that point in the game is beyond me.
                                You're right, if he did, I missed it. When I saw looked he wasn't. But no one in maroon made the call, so to say the team doesn't deserve to advance, or should somehow turn down the invitation to advance is foolish.
                                Go 'Wick!

Comment

Working...
                                X