Bowdoin VS Oswego State (March 12) - NCAA Quarterfinal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    And let the "rare" transfer jokes begin....
    I'll behave....for now
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Re: Bowdoin VS Oswego State (March 12) - NCAA Quarterfinal Thread

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
      I'll behave....for now
      Something tells me if Oswego won the SUNYAC final against Plattsburgh again this year, you would be singing a different tune.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
        I'll behave....for now
        I would consider the source - Lake Erie? Really. Really?
        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
          10-4, I am sure I saw a red t-shirt under Murphys shirt 2yrs ago when we played the Birds
          I'm pretty sure that undershirt was 1/2 red and 1/2 green..... he sucked horribly bad either way....
          Jim Reisdorf
          Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Can I ask what should be a stupid question? How the hell did Carr come to the program out of shape? He came from a Div-I program, was he that lazy?

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
              Can I ask what should be a stupid question? How the hell did Carr come to the program out of shape? He came from a Div-I program, was he that lazy?
              Matbe that's why he wasn't getting any playing time and figured he would not need to work hard if he came to a D3 school.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                You're reading the boxscore wrong. 20 of those minutes were for the game misconducts, so Bowdoin would have no man advantage for that. Bowdoin only had four power plays, though granted two of those were for major penalties. They did score soon after the first one when Neumann was probably spent on killing off the five minutes. One of those majors had a minor by Bowdoin, so two minutes were negated. Neumann's goal, however, was scored shorthanded. So, Bowdoin total special teams was a -1.
                10-4...there PP passed a lot, but not to many quality shots, they kind of reminded me of Oswego, a lot of passing and NO net crashing.........
                Last edited by bakdraft21; 03-10-2011, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LoudHorns31 View Post
                  I'm pretty sure that undershirt was 1/2 red and 1/2 green..... he sucked horribly bad either way....
                  man you dont miss a trick.....good luck sat may we meet again.............

Comment

For those of you who didn't see any Bowdoin games except for the Neumann game, or any at all for that matter, heres what to expect from the Polar Bears...

While the PP has been fantastic this year, it hasn't been as spectacular in 'big games' and only 3/18 (17%) in the post season thus far including 0 for 9 in their last 2. However the PK is 12/14 (86%) in the post season.

Bowdoin can score with the best of them but Lalor went down in the NESCAC CG and Downey went down in the Neumann game. If those two can't play, Bowdoin loses 43 points on the season and a lot of speed from those two. They will have to make up with it with offense from Hardy (9-28-37), Weiniger (20-22-42) and Fanning (20-8-28). Fanning missed last years game at the CC due to suspension.

While Bowdoin has a few All-American candidates they got goals from Rosata (1-3-4 first career goal as a senior) and Toczylowski (5-9-14) last night.

Goaltending has historically been a weak point for Bowdoin but after splitting the season with Nerland, the freshman Messina won the starting job at the beginning of the post season and has been spectacular since (.950 SV% in the playoffs with 80 saves in the last 2 games).

Bowdoin will hang tough if they can re-ignite the PP, have their big men play physical and get another big effort from Messina.

I haven't seen the Lakers play since last years game, what should I be looking for on Saturday?
                    Go Polar Bears Plaaaay Hockey!

Comment

we've lost some firepower from Last year, but that's not to say we don't have some great offense, We run 4 very very good lines. alot of people thought we didn't play well against Fredonia, I think that our defense was steller in that game, putting themselves in front of the net to block alot of shots, Beckwith is a Brick wall. You will rarely ever see Beckwith out of position, and he is great at stopping odd man rushes, he played a great game against Fredonia, but you can't stop them all.

The offense plays well, we have 11 guys with 10 points or more, of those 6 have 20+ points, and of those 2 have 30+ points. Ian boots (14-23-37) is the player to watch, hes very disciplined and quite fast with some good puck handling skills, I'm not really sure who will be on our first line for this game as it changes from time to time as Gosek is constantly tweaking things. But any one of our lines really has the ability to score.
                      http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by polarbearfan View Post

I haven't seen the Lakers play since last years game, what should I be looking for on Saturday?
                        OSU gave you a fair read on this year's Lakers, a very different team than last year's Lakers....

What he didn't say is you can join the "Over/Under" pool where you can wager "What time do the Lakers think the puck drops?"

This Laker team doesn't always remember the games start at 7:00pm Eastern Time - to many times it seemed to me their watches were set to Central time...

I hope being one win away from the Land of 10,000 Lakes should take care of that!

Welcome Polar Bears to the Land of Oz on the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario
                        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

after watching the game vs neumann, the bears looked a little like the lakers in that they pass alot and gave up a few good chances when they should have shot the puck, mainly on the PP, gotta give the bears alot of credit for NOT falling into the neumann trap of, of lets say, chippy play to be nice...so we know they have disapline...there goalie looks solid, but they did get caught on a few oddman rushes... looks to be a close game, nothing like last yr for sure..

Comment

I think playing this game is a waste of time. Let's face it: who would want to travel TO Oswego? Just advance Oswego to the semifinals.

Comment

Originally posted by Euler18 View Post
                              I think playing this game is a waste of time. Let's face it: who would want to travel TO Oswego? Just advance Oswego to the semifinals.
                              and here's to hoping that comment comes back to bite you in the *****...though the Bowdoin team looks to be thin from injuries

Comment

Originally posted by foppa21 View Post
                                and here's to hoping that comment comes back to bite you in the *****...though the Bowdoin team looks to be thin from injuries
                                I think he's a Bowdoin fan being sarcastic about all the Oswego pumping that goes on here
                                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                                X