UML Fires Coach MacDonald

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UML Fires Coach MacDonald

It's now apparently official. Lowell's moving on ....
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Re: UML Fires Coach MacDonald

Any leads on a successor? Or did the university basically decide it was worth doing, even if it meant having a protracted interim coach?
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Wow. I didn't expect that. I don't think UMass has ever fired a coach. Usually they just simply let contracts expire. Hopefully UMass-Lowell is setting a trend and we'll see some of the subpar coaches in Amherst fired (I'm not necessarily talking about Toot either).

Good luck finding a replacement.

EDIT- It looks like the link doesn't work any more. It takes you back to the College Hockey News Homepage. If you search for "MacDonald Fired," you get something, but when you click on the link, it just takes you back to the homepage.
      Last edited by jjmc85; 03-09-2011, 03:17 PM.
      #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
        Wow. I didn't expect that. I don't think UMass has ever fired a coach. Usually they just simply let contracts expire. Hopefully UMass-Lowell is setting a trend and we'll see some of the subpar coaches in Amherst fired (I'm not necessarily talking about Toot either).

Good luck finding a replacement.

EDIT- It looks like the link doesn't work any more. It takes you back to the College Hockey News Homepage. If you search for "MacDonald Fired," you get something, but when you click on the link, it just takes you back to the homepage.
        Yeah, they've changed it and now it says Army and MacDonald might be on their way out. Here's the new link.

And no idea about a new coach, but we've heard some rumors including ex-UML player Norm Bazin. And we'd been hearing for a while that he might be on the way out, but the only issue would have been buying out the last year of his contract.
        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Looks like someone had an itchy trigger finger .... article now adds this quote from Dana Skinner ...
          "Blaise and I have been in discussions this week about the program and nothing has been decided."

might still happen

Comment

About time
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyFanClub View Post
              Looks like someone had an itchy trigger finger .... article now adds this quote from Dana Skinner ...
              "Blaise and I have been in discussions this week about the program and nothing has been decided."

might still happen
              That was the part I was surprised about with the article coming out, but they had said that they'd announce by the end of the week.
              Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                That was the part I was surprised about with the article coming out, but they had said that they'd announce by the end of the week.
                Buyout terms still being discussed would be my guess

Comment

I'm sure TIMMAY would looooove to go back to Lowell.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    I'm sure TIMMAY would looooove to go back to Lowell.
                    Awfull lot of U Maine input here...
                    You have your own problems

Word is Blaise made a last ditch effort but probably to late. No buyout when you have 1 year left. Give the man his cash.

Comment

I'll refrain from comment about the future until the official news is released either tomorrow or Friday.

Even if shown to be correct, it was a terrible oversight on CHN's part. This is something that you need to have confirmation from the University or institution before posting.
                      - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        Buyout terms still being discussed would be my guess

Comment

It does sound like CHN jumped the gun. I'll give them a pass, though. It's not as if Wodon is getting rich off of manufactured controversy. CHN is a hobby website, and my guess is that it was an honest mistake.
                          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

I think John Hill is qualified for that position and willing to consider a move.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                              Awfull lot of U Maine input here...
                              You have your own problems

Word is Blaise made a last ditch effort but probably to late. No buyout when you have 1 year left. Give the man his cash.
                              Yes, we do have our own problems...a big one in Timmay. We're just living vicariously through UML and PC fans...those lucky b*stards!!

Comment

Working...
                              X