Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats - 2011 Playoff Quest

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
    Finally the voice of reason. Never know what can happen, thought the last 2 years they had no chance in the first round and look what happened. lets wait and see on Saturday.
    Exactly! Playoffs are crazy... Hopefully we win a game or 2 (or 4 )
    UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
      well didn't this turn into one big bi#@h fest, I know heaven forbid we actually talk about the game this weekend and just jump to the team losing, hell why even play the game everyone give up their tickets now and save the time. I for one will wait till after the teams season is actually over with. Unlike everyone else I am actaully looking forward to the game and see what happens.
      Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
      I'm looking forward to the weekend as well. Step off the ledge UNH fans... We lost a close game to a good Merrimack team. We can beat Miami, but will we? Well I guess that's why they play the game.
      Stop being so reasonable.
      It's entirely possible that Hockey East was a highly competitive league this season and, as one of the three teams to advance to the NCAA Regionals, UNH has a reasonable chance of defeating a top CCHA team.
      Last edited by C-H-C; 03-20-2011, 08:30 PM.
      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by catsfan View Post
        For all the reasons that have been stated, most effectively by JB, a couple friends and diehard fans who I have been going to the games with for years are seriously starting to discuss giving up their season tickets. It is just so disappointing. Year after year, the fast start, the good play pre-Christmas, the decline toward mediocrity in the second half, and the inexplicable failures in Boston and the NCAA; after awhile you begin to lose belief that we will ever return to those few golden years when we made the final game and had a chance to win the whole thing.
        You could buy season tickets at Merrimack, this year was the first time they've made the Garden in 13 years and their first NCAA appearance in 23 years. Their season tickets are probably quite a bit cheaper too.
        Last edited by ClOuD 9; 03-20-2011, 08:44 PM.
        "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
        Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
        NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
        EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
        AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
        1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

I am attempting not to b!t@h about UNH. Just pointing out what I see. I go to all the games and have no intentions of stopping anytime soon. The trick is not to get shocked; it is what it is at this point. What makes UNH get in the NCAAs each year is the same thing that is the problem - coaching. I keep pointing out that things could be and have been much worse, I remember those years.

I am sort of looking forward to this weekend. I will enjoy another UNH game. I just wish the regional had a less CCHA vs. HE challenge and more of a national feel. But these are the current bracketing rules.

UNH might surprise, as of late they play better without the pressure of being a favorite. The less people think they will do anything the better they play. I started a post earlier and never finished. I don't think they are playing lazy (without effort) but I do think it is tentative hockey (so it looks lazy). They are afraid to get out of position, hence no hitting. When less has been expected the last couple tournaments they play a loose game, beating Cornell and UND (pushing BU to the edge). Once they were a big favorite against RIT they tightened up.
          Last edited by JB; 03-20-2011, 08:54 PM.
          "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by billb View Post
            I don't wish to appear obtuse, but what happened to NCAA Watcher? Haven't heard from him.
            Good question. Anyone?

Comment

I don't wish to appear obtuse, but what happened to NCAA Watcher? Haven't heard from him.
              Good question. He is a very good poster. I hope he is ok.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                Good question. He is a very good poster. I hope he is ok.
                Didn't he get fed up with the boards at the end of last season and leave?
                UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                  Didn't he get fed up with the boards at the end of last season and leave?
                  You might be right, but it's hard to imagine anyone who loves the sport as much as he does could quit cold turkey.
                  Perhaps he's still here operating under a different nom de plume.
                  "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
                  Larry David

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                    When will his book "The Curse of Umile" get published?
                    Um, I believe the actual title is "The Curse of the Cordeiro". Lots of interviews with his grandfather...

UNH will beat Miami.
                    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                    -Fred Shero

Comment

You might be right, but it's hard to imagine anyone who loves the sport as much as he does could quit cold turkey.
                      Perhaps he's still here operating under a different nom de plume.
                      Nom de plume...

HE'S BECOME JACK RABBIT!!!
                      We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                      ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                      --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                        I am attempting not to b!t@h about UNH. Just pointing out what I see. I go to all the games and have no intentions of stopping anytime soon. The trick is not to get shocked; it is what it is at this point. What makes UNH get in the NCAAs each year is the same thing that is the problem - coaching. I keep pointing out that things could be and have been much worse, I remember those years.

I am sort of looking forward to this weekend. I will enjoy another UNH game. I just wish the regional had a less CCHA vs. HE challenge and more of a national feel. But these are the current bracketing rules.

UNH might surprise, as of late they play better without the pressure of being a favorite. The less people think they will do anything the better they play. I started a post earlier and never finished. I don't think they are playing lazy (without effort) but I do think it is tentative hockey (so it looks lazy). They are afraid to get out of position, hence no hitting. When less has been expected the last couple tournaments they play a loose game, beating Cornell and UND (pushing BU to the edge). Once they were a big favorite against RIT they tightened up.
                        Right on the money JB. I think they play better as an underdog as well, largely because when they are the favorite that MONKEY ON THEIR BACK gets quite a bit larger. The monkey is getting larger every year though and short of winning it all, won't stop getting bigger. Of course at some point you have to win under pressure in order to go all the way but for now that's not a concern. Just leave it all on the ice UNH and forget about the monkey.
                        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
                          Nom de plume...

I think the RABBIT is the infamous Chuck Murray!

Comment

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll...-1/FOSSPORTS04

I agree with Umile; UNH is good and they can beat anybody. This wiil be fun to watch that is for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
                              Nom de plume...

Nah, I think he's become tCBG.

Wait...

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                              I think the RABBIT is the infamous Chuck Murray!
                              I think you're sort of close, but not as close as you think.
                              Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
                              -Fred Shero

Comment

Some sad news to report - UNH alum and long-time UNH sports fan retired Col. Richard Burkholder passed away on Saturday, March 19:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/fos...5622&fhid=3759

His son, Richard Jr. posts regularily on these boards ("Snively"). Our condolences and prayers to Richard Jr. and the Burkholder family during this difficult time.
                                UNH

Comment

Working...
                                X